Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 55>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 11:18pm
Continued
Wen 613, made my hair feels so soft it was almost as if I have a new head of hair! It can lead to over moisturized hair if you're not careful.

Ion coconut detangling leave in, this is from the organic.line- its
moisuper moisturizing
and this is someone whose hair generally hates coconut oil! I absolutely love this I would purchase it again great spray!

Finger detangling-makes detangling much easier, although it takes awhile to do I have noticed less breakage. I usually follow up with my seamless comb.

Edited by 902sexxi - Jun 20 2012 at 11:50pm
Sponsored Links

mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2012 at 8:41am
Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo, 13-Fluid Ounce

Name of product: Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Pure Clean-Normal Hair
Hair texture/type: Kinky Coily Mostly 4b
How did you use the product:
I use this to normally clean hair. 
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5)
: StarStarStarStarStar  5 stars for this.  I love this shampoo.  It's not a natural product and has a sulfate in it but my hair loves this stuff.  It gets my hair clean without stripping it and prepares it for a deep conditioning.  You do not need a lot of it to clean your hair.  A little bit does the job.  I paid about $4.00 for it so was an inexpensive purchase.  I will definitely be buying this again.
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2012 at 8:51am
Shea Radiance Maximum Moisture Conditioner
Name of product: Shea radiance Maximum Moisture Conditioner with Shea Butter
Hair texture/type: Kinky Coily Thin Fine Mostly 4b 
How did you use the product: Deep Condition
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): StarStarStarStar 4 stars for this.  This was a good conditioner. It did what it was suppose to do.  It moisturized my hair.  I did a heat condition under head dryer for 20 minutes.  Its SLS-Free Vegan.  There is Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Veggie Glycerin, Castor oil, Coconut oil and others in it.  A lot of good ingredients.  The only issue I have with this product is the price.  It is around $13.00.  Confused  I was able to buy it on sale 50% off for $6.50.  So, I would definitely buy again but only if it's on sale.

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2012 at 3:34pm
Claudies balancing ends insurance-4.5 of 5 stars. Very lite and fluffy but don't let that fool you! This stuff moisturize like nobodies bizznizz! My haIr and ends stay moist and soft for days. I'm just mad I
didnt try this years ago. I know Claudke is getting rid of some of her products, I jist hope this isn't one of them!

Edited by 902sexxi - Jun 21 2012 at 3:39pm
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2012 at 4:38pm
Wen pumpkin ginger seasonal cleanser-very moisturizing, not much slip but makes hair very manageable.

Upcoming reviews for sweet almond mint and tea tree condiltoners.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 7:18pm
Organic Root Stimulator Hairepair Intense Moisture Cream

My hair: 4a/b/c porous, prone to dryness

I received a sample of this stuff several months ago.  I used it once when I first received it and used it off and on from that point.  To keep it short, this is a good sealant and helps retain moisture in the hair.  For me, it seems like the outer perimeter was drier than an old tumbleweed and I had to especially moisturize this area more frequently.  But I have to remember that I do not have to moisturize the crown area as often since it retains moisture better.  So I tend to overdo it at times.  With this product, I can push moisturizing the outer area by a day or to.  I appreciate the fact that a little goes a long way so this product is an investment. Not curly girl friendly at all so pass if you are avoiding the "bad" ingredients such as silicones, petroleum, etc.  It does have a fragrance but for me it is very tolerable, dare I saw pleasant and refreshing?

I give this a Star StarStarStar and a half stars out of five.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 7:26pm
Let's Jam Custard Cream Gel

My hair type: 4a/b/c porous and dry

This is a good gel but kind of persnickety on getting consistent results on my hair from time to time.  But what I realize for my hair, in order to get desirable results, I must use this on deep conditioned, cleaned and damp hair.    If I used this on somewhat clean but damp hair, it still works but not as well as freshly shampooed and deep conditioned hair.  It does offer good hold but not as good as Via Green Tea Styling Gel (my favorite translucent gel) or Eco Styler Gel (second best for my hair).  You can rewet hair to reactivate it but it wouldn't be as great, well in my experience.  It smells like candy to me, so it might be cloying for those with sensitive noses.  Not curly girl friendly but I like it.  Haven't used it on twist or braids but it does look like it will work for those styles.

I give it StarStarStar & 1/2 stars out of five.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 7:39pm
Hask Henna & Placenta with Olive Oil Conditiong Treatment

My hair: kinky curly dry and porous

First off, this product is not Curly Girl friendly at all.  Hell I don't know if I should continue using this since it contains animal placenta and I remember a while back there was a scare in regards to the connection between products like this and breast cancer or fibroids, I forget which.  But knowing me I like to take chances LOL, from time to time.  My hair has been breaking pretty badly and I was kind of desperate in slowing it down.  I purchased this while looking for another product that was discontinued years ago (used to roller set hair and protect hair from the elements).  In short it quelled the breakage at least 50% by my estimate.  I was gobsmacked by how effective this product was.  Will I repurchase?  I might.  I might. 

StarStarStarStarStar out of five stars.
lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 10:00am
So I have been totally natural for a few days now and not really prepared for it. Products that worked before are not working well right now so I hit the BSS and bought these African Pride products:
Shea Butter Miracle LEAVE-IN CONDITIONERThis smells nice (if a little overpowering). It detangles well, but it does not dry super soft - although not hard. I might add some oils to it. It did do better when I sealed with grease. Yep grease is back in my life. StarStarStar 3/5stars

Shea Butter Miracle BUTTERY CRÉME
Nothing really. Smells nice and detangles, but my hair seemed dry and dull. I will use it as  a pre poo and not buy it again. Star 1/5 stars

Shea Butter Miracle BOUNCY CURLS PUDDING
Now here is something I can't work out. I used it on dry hair and it seemed to relax my curl and leave a nice shine. I used it on wet hair and it reacted badly with the leave in conditioner. I had white globs that did not go. It reacted with every leave in conditioner and I had to wash it out. It hasn't worked well since, but I have not given up on it yet.StarStar 2/5stars.

I think they need to tweak it so that it does not react with other products in their range.
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 5:16pm
Thank you OP for creating this thread and thanks to all the ladies that took the time to write a review. Valuable information.
ClapClapClapClap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style