BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 56>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 7:19pm

Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding

My hair: 4s, dry, porous, fine but thick

So not for me.  Sorry for twist I rely on the Roots of Nature Coil Creme.  As a slick back cream, it does nothing in that regard.  It doesn't enhance much of the wayward curls I have at the crown and part of the nape area.  Honestly this is not a bad product but for me, I found products that are HG status and this product is a waste.  I will struggle in finishing this or give up and give it away.

2.5 out of 5 stars and definitely not repurchasing.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 7:46pm

Rusk Sensories smoother leave in conditioner

My hair: 4s, dry, porous, fine but thick

I bought this because I read on here that someone raved about this conditioner as the best thing since homemade bread.  I bought this for 8 bucks at a discount store and excited tried it out.  When the weather was cooler, it was meh.  It definitely didn't help detangle my hair at all.  Moisture was minimal.  Fast forward yesterday.  I washed my hair and did something different this time.  I did the LOC (liquid, oil, cream) method and used this as the C and Proclaim Argan Blend oil as the O.  Did my hair in four twist and went to bed.  Woke up, my hair was smoother and definitely more moisturized.  Definitely not HG status but I am not ticked off anymore in purchasing this.  Definitely a summer product for me.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2012 at 11:14am

Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Activator Moisturizer

My hair type: 4s, dry, porous, slowly getting better thanks to incorporating protein conditioner into my routine.

I usually don't throw this out but this may be HG status moisturizer for me.  What I like about this:
smells great, no buildup, moisturizes my hair for days (when there is a healthy humidity range outside), cheap for the amount you get (even cheaper if you catch it on sale at Walgreeens), a little goes a long way, does not buildup (meaning I can reapply when needed), did I mention that I love it?

Cons: not that widely available (meaning I haven't seen yet at my Black Target), can be too light if my hair has been exposed to the sun (yes the sun dries out my hair something serious), too expensive at some local BSS in my hood, must apply on damp hair to get the best effective results.  But honestly the cons are pretty negligable because this product works for me.  I use this product at night because it does take a while for it to absorb into my hair.  I hope they never discontinue this product.  I dare say that this product seems to be helping retain more length because my breakage has slowed down a lot (in addition to using a protein conditioner every other wash).  I might be bra-strap in no time.

StarStarStarStarStar out 5
StarStar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2012 at 11:22am

Lustrasilk Curl Max Extra Light Curl Activator

My hair: 4s, dry, porous, and slowly growing out the damage (by incorporating protein conditioners and scissors)

In short a 3 out of 5 product.  It is average to me but I will admit that it is very light.  A small amount goes a long way but the reason why I am not raving about this one is that at times it can be too light.  This would be perfect IMO for someone with fine hair that doesn't want too much product weighing their down.   I need something extra hence why I like the other moisturizer better.  Plus the amount is smaller so maybe that could be why I am a bit salty on this product.  I will use up but will not repurchase. 

Pluses
-light
-little buildup
-smells nice
-moisturizes hair
-somewhat cheap

Minuses
- claims to detangle but it is minimal
- somewhat costlier than the regular version
- not that widely available
- somewhat costly initially (but you don't need much TBH)

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2012 at 11:38am

Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Pudding

My hair: 4s, dry, porous and slightly damage (but growing out the damage with the help of protein conditioners and scissors)

Hmmmmm...This is a fair curl pudding in my opinion.  Ingredients-wise, it is not much any different from soft holding gels (like my fave Via Natural Styling gel in green tea formula).  It does hold my twists very well, but honestly I can use a leave in conditioner and get the same results.  I can see it being a great option for those who want to define their curls but in my instance, it doesn't look right since only a small section of my hair will curl or elongate.  Not sun-friendly because when I had my hair exposed to the sun, my hair felt fried.  So use a hair product that contains sunscreen.  I didn't experience any flaking with this product but I must stress that I used a clarifying shampoo because I was way overdue for one.  Smells nice, just some generic scent.  But there is a scent for the fragrance sensitive.  I will not re-buy but I will use this one up.

Three out of five stars from me.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2012 at 10:40pm
Renpure Originals Brazilian Keratin Straightening Conditioner

This is a majority natural ingredient. Coconut oil and shea butter and their derivatives. So I like that aspect. Apparently it's a long time family owned company that likes to make the 'best of natural products without harmful chemicals' or something along those line. I didn't buy this in hope or it making my hair straight because I know without chemicals that's impossible. I bought it trying slick-think it might give me less shrinkage... and IT DID! My hair is usually shoulder length curly and after using this it was more like collar bone length and a lot of my spiral curls were s-curls. And it was completely temporary. I'm not sure what type of hair this is designated for.. but the man on it looks like a cartoon drawing of a white guy, confusing that it has so much coconut oil and shea butter stuff in it though because that's not very caucasian hair friendly.

Because it has a lot of coconut stuff in it, I think it has the same affect as those natural 'coconut perms' ppl do on youtube to make their hair more manageable by deep conditioning with coconut creme.

It smells awesome, it gave me less shrinkage, was very moisturizing, and it was cheapish ($5.99). I give it a 4.5 out of 5 because it did give me more length but it did take away from the fluffy volume I like just a tiny bit... but it came back more the next day. I would purchase this again. I bought it at Rite Aide (drug store). I'll update my review of it when I decide to straighten my hair to see if it helps it in any way better than a usual straighten.
booneycuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote booneycuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2012 at 10:48pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPs7yMPpVV8&list=UU8te2-2TSJSugeFlEVMqSJA&index=2&feature=plcp - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPs7yMPpVV8&list=UU8te2-2TSJSugeFlEVMqSJA&index=2&feature=plcp

I love you all hair But Check Out This Video!!!!
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 7:08pm

Name of product: L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil.
Hair texture/type: 4a, OS, fine, low porosity.
How did you use the product: As a sealant.
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5)
: StarStarStar1/2

Now that hair oils are the thing in Oz, I decided to jump on the bandwagon since I've gotten bored with making my own oils and using argan oil. I picked this little beauty while it was on sale. I had a couple of different choices but this one won out because the ingredients sounded interesting. On the front of the bottle, it'll tell you that there's 6 flower oils in it but that didn't fool me since the top 2 ingredients on the back were definitely cones. I found this serum to be among the lightest I have ever used (possibly beating out Moroccanoil and absolutely the Organix Moroccan oil). Although this oil is quick drying (if you rub it in your palms), it's presence do stay on during the day. As usual, a little goes a long way (I only use about a dime to nickel size for my whole head) and the smell is ever so gentle (think baby powder). All in all, this isn't something that'll last for eons given the size of the bottle, as it only holds 100ml (I think that's 3.4oz iirc). I will probably buy it again in the future but honestly, it doesn't do anything that my other oils can't.
Gagirl44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gagirl44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 2:08pm

Hi, I'm new to forums, and I have to say, I just love all the advice and information given here. I too have a product I used after I was diagnosed with having a Hypoactive Thyroid. Hair loss and thnning is one of the causes of having the condition. I tried so many things, but nothing would help grow my hair back at the temples. And I definetely didn't want to use any type of commercial hair products. I'm sure that there are lots of wonderful all natural products out there, but Vspa Botanicals Hair Oil did the job for me.

I've only been using it for about 6 weeks now, and I love the results I'm seeing so far.

It promises shiny, softer, fast growing, smoother, all natural hair growth. And your hair stays soft and strong between applications.

The oil should be used 2-3 times a week, depending on hair damage.

And it delivers what it promises. In fact, the first night,Ii used it, my itch dry scalp was a thing of the past.

go to  http://www.squidoo.com/fast-natural-hair-growth - http://www.squidoo.com/fast-natural-hair-growth to view the product and see my pictures.

Edited by Gagirl44 - Jun 13 2012 at 2:48pm
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 11:09pm
Hello it's been a while since I posted I'm foRmerLy known as HairIam, I had so much trouble logging in and posting rthat I had to change my username but I'm back! I got some nice reviews for ya!

Wen 613 replenishing mist-excellent 4.5 of 5 stars, very moist realizing you can go well

Wen 613 replenishing mist-

Edited by 902sexxi - Jun 20 2012 at 11:14pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair