BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 57>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
napturallyyours View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote napturallyyours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 11:20am
My inner PJ right about now---PartyHugThumbs UpBeer
My wallet right about now---Angry

On a more serious note, I'll be back with reviews sometime this weekend!
Sponsored Links

ennoed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ennoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2010 at 11:41am
Sabino Moisture Block (Original Formula) 

Hair texture/type:  3C
How did you use the product:  serum on straightened hair
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): StarStarStarStarStar

I just bought Sabino Moisture Block and I love it!  I only roller set and flat ironed on 280 degrees and the results have been great!  Usually I can only leave my hair straightened for 1-2 days before it starts getting puffy and reverts.  It is now day 5 and my hair is still straight.  This product didn't make my hair greasy either.  I've been outdoors for hours every day with my straightened hair out and it is still pin straight (especially the roots!) without retouching with the flat iron daily.  You don't have to use a lot of the product for it to work and the best part is I only paid $10.00 (including shipping). Smile

I love this product - 5 stars!
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2010 at 11:55am
Tresemme Naturals Nourishing moisture conditioner
Hair texture/type: 4a
How did you use the product: as a rinse out conditioner

Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5):5 this is the best conditioner ive used EVER. it gives great slip and makes my hair turn into butter. i never had a drugstore conditioner do this and i got it cheap on sale for $4. it doesnt work well as a leave in but then again thats the reason it is a rinse out.

Jamaican Mango and lime cactus leave in
Hair texture/type: 4a
How did you use the product: as a leave in by itself and under gel
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5):4. the leave in works great. i remember this stuff being raved on hair boards because it was cheap and had quality ingredients. this line has changed the ingredient to include alot of crap unfortunatly. back in the day this actually had cactus  juice and extracts in it. now it has mineral oil and propylene glycol. it works well for me nevertheless. and is cheap and easy to find. it also smells like baby powder.

Jamaican Mango lime Cream wax
Hair texture/type:4a
How did you use the product:styler
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5):4 like the other product in the line the ingredients make me say "what crappened?" the the results are great. gives BLANG and hold. i have never seen my hair so shiny while dry since i started using this stuff. a litle goes a long way and it smells great like citrus candy.

Apex Pressing oil
Hair texture/type:4a
How did you use the product:straightening
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5):5 this stuff really works. i was worried i would have lifeless greasy hair when i used this stuff and even though i was a bit heavy handed my hair still was bouncy and swangy. my hair got very straight and survied a 98 degree temperatures with minimal reversion.it has no smell and doesnt snap crackle and pop when heat is applied.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 10:23pm
I will be trying that restorative smoothie once I run out of some of my other products!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2010 at 9:24pm
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rgN4L3Yz7gQ/TFqtTzqHiKI/AAAAAAAAAng/OJqAeRMZkqc/s1600/shea+mositure.jpg

Name of product: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Hair texture/type: 3c/4a
How did you use the product: I use it to moisturize when I twist my hair at night. I used it on wet hair but I think I prefer it on dry hair.
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): StarStarStarStar I just expected it to moisturize but since the product is a bit thick it really helped clump the hair and make it very soft. My only advice is that if you get heavy handed ::ahem:: you can end up with a little residue.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2010 at 1:49pm
Name of product: jane carter's nourish and shine
Hair texture/type: thick 4a/4b (mostly 4b)
How did you use the product: as a moisturizer (and on freshly washed/conditioned hair)
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): 5
Rationale: the reason why I love this product is because it is ridiculously moisturizing.  it leaves my hair soft and even a week after using it (and not being heavy handed with it), my hair still feels moisturized.  thir product is incredibly good.  if you have thick hair, you hair will love you for using this product.
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2010 at 7:33pm
DO.NOT.WANT.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2010 at 7:45pm
What ha happened roxie? LOL
Samirah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2010 at 10:39am
Bumping because I want to know what happened with the ORS too
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2010 at 12:07pm
oh sh!t ....

this stupid site .... i actually typed a response only to keep getting error messages LOL

but ummm yeah ....

I'll get this out the way - it does contain mineral oil .... i'm not against it, but i thought i'd throw it out there for those that are

my hair is usually okay with mineral oil too but for some reason, my hair felt AWFUL after i used this stuff. it's not a pudding consistency like the Miss Jessie's .... it's definitely more of a cream ....

IT DOESN'T MOISTURIZE
IT DOESN'T HOLD
IT WON'T SLICK BACK SH!T

and NO - it didn't give my hair any type of shine

the whole freakin label is a lie and i wish i never purchased it LOL 

i'm actually mad at myself because i have a pretty decent track record with my purchases, the majority of stuff i have works well or i can make it work somehow .... but not this - i used it once and it's still sitting in my closet LoL
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 57>
  Share Topic