BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 57>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by glow-music-sass glow-music-sass wrote:

Qhemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Cream

Sometimes I feel like the only person that will be honest about this product. Everyone on LHCF swears this stuff is like the Lord's gift to dry hair. Lemme just tell you. I have tried on several occasions to make this stuff work, b/c its expensive as hell. And it just doesn't! My friend has 4c/z hair... All kink no curl, dry, fragile, etc. I gave it to her to use b/c it kept overmoisturizing my hair. She said, and I saw this in person at hair school, that her hair got really really wet and slippery, and then 2 hours later it was back to normal. I used it in every way possible. And I always use my moisturizers on clarified and conditioned hair so i can see how they work. On 2nd day hair, on 1st day hair, as a moisturizer... U name it, I did it. And i hate the smell. Sorry I just don't like this stuff.

It gets a 2 from me. B/c one time my hair was soft. Once.

So it's too moisturizing? I really want to get this for my ends because they are always dry and brittle no matter what! I got the burdock root butter cream because the website suggested it for 3c hair. It's good and moisturizing but i feel like it's not quite enough for my ends. The fact that you're complaining about it being over moisturizing makes me wanna get it! lol
Sponsored Links

TamaraA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamaraA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 2:57pm

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

I'd give it a 4.5 in terms of moisturirzing my hair. It would proabably leave my hair silikier but I have hard water in my area. Anyway, the shampoo isnt' drying and the conditioner leaves my hair quite soft. It's about £4 or something
TamaraA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamaraA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 2:59pm
Oh, and I'm a 4a/4b Smile 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 5:07pm
Great!

Name of product: Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil REPLENISHING CONDITIONER

Hair texture/type: 4a a little 3c
How did you use the product: On dampened hair, I put about a 1/4 cup or so throughout my hair and cover with a plastic cap for a few hours. Leaving it on overnight works best.
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): 5. My hair soaks this conditioner which is rare. It leaves my hair very soft. Plus it smells good.
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 7:22pm
Love this stuff!!!!

ORS Loc & Twist Gel
Hair Texture: 4a-ish ....
How I use it: twist outs or WnG

Edited by RoxieDream - Sep 02 2010 at 7:23pm
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 8:40pm

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Protector

Hair texture/type:
3c with some 3b
How did you use the product:
You can apply it to wet hair or dry hair. I usually apply it to my hair after washing it and then braid it up and maybe seal with an oil. When I take out my braids, my hair is extra soft. I have also used this to moisturize my ends, it does a great job.
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5):
StarStarStarStarStar
This is one of the best leave ins that have worked for my hair. I never thought a cheap drugstore brand would work so well. I can honestly say this worked better on my hair than a lot of expensive salon brands I have tried and it's much cheaper. It makes my hair really easy to comb through and leaves it soft and silky. It also smells really good! Like raspberries.

Edited by chrissypoo - Sep 02 2010 at 8:42pm
ennoed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ennoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 8:51am
Aussie Moist Conditioner

Hair texture/type:  3C
How did you use the product:  leave in or cowash
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): StarStarStarStarStar

I would rate it 6 stars if I could LOL.  I love this product.  It's great for both the relaxed and natural portions of my hair.  it has great definition, hold and moisture for my curls.  it also helps a lot with detangling.  I use it every single day and I can't imagine ever replacing it with another leave in.

ETA: I recently BC'd and I still use this product daily.  I love it =)

Edited by ennoed - May 15 2011 at 10:39am
ennoed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ennoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 9:01am
Suave Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner

Hair texture/type:  3C
How did you use the product:  cowash or leave in (but mostly cowash)
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): StarStarStarStar

I'll give both the shampoo & conditioner 4 stars.  The shampoo isn't sulfate free (it only has sodium laureth sulfate, not sodium lauryl sulfate) but it's not drying either.  It cleans my hair without leaving it too clean.  It's a great moisturizing shampoo.

The conditioner is great!  It's good for detangling and it's very moisturizing.  I like to use it as a cowash because it makes detangling a breeze.  I also like to use it whenever I set my hair in a braid/twist out because it's moisturizing but not too heavy.

they're really cheap too! Thumbs Up
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 10:14am
Name of product:Curl Activating Shea Butter Shampoo, Curl Activating Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner, Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment

Hair texture/type: 4a/b/c
How did you use the product:

I purchased these items as a birthday gift to myself.  I used the shampoo as directed.  I should mention that the shampoo is very concentrated so I didn't have to use as much.  There was some lather but I have hard water.   I rinse it out as much as I can and I must say that it does leave behind residue but that is to be expected. 

Then I followed it up with the deep conditioner.  Now I have to mention that I am transitioning from a relaxer, so my hair is a bit on the dry side and the weather is exacerbating the issue.  I took a healthy dollop and massage it through my hair.  It detangled my hair a little bit but I had to be extra gentle with my hair when detangling.  I left it in my hair for about 30 minutes (lost track of time) and rinse thoroughly. 

Then I applied the leave-in conditioner.  That was a big mistake on my part.  It left my hair greasy as hell.  My hair looked okay but damn it was dripping down my face.  Next time I will omit the leave-in when using the deep conditioner.  The smell of the product was pleasant, smells like nougat or some kind of fruit but to me it is faint.  Anyways I feel that these products will last me a good six months since the shampoo and leave in will last me six months.  The deep conditioner will last me three - to six months if I use it once a month.  I would not recommend the deep conditioner in the summer but in the winter it has possibilities.

Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): I give it a 3.5 but that is my fault that I was heavy handed.  I need to use as less as possible since this stuff is heavyt.  Not much in the detangling department but it is alright.

I purchased these at Whole Food.
HairIam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 11:13am

Name of Products: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask, SHea Moisture Fortifying conditioner,  Suave Almond and Shea Conditioner, Kemi SHea Butter Pomade.

//
Product Image
I just LOVE this deep treatment. It's a little runny but boy does it pack a moisturizing/detangling/Slippsy punch! Great Stuff!

Product Image Shea Moisture Raw Shea Restorative Conditioner - 12 oz.
I prefer the Deep treatment much better but this has nice moisture and it's good as a leave-in treatment.

Suave Professionals Conditioner, Almond &amp;amp; Shea Butter for Dry, Damaged Hair, 14.5-ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)My hair used to HATE Suave Products! This one has changed my mind! One of the Best Drug Store conditioner so far (other than Tresemme)

kemi Shea Butter Pomade has given me the most defined twistouts to date...I have to be careful with it because it can easily cause a lot of buildup but when used properly its really nice.

ABBA Pure Moisture Shampoo
This shampoo has ALWAYS been good to me. Relaxed, texlaxed and now as a natural! My hair always have slip, moisture and love the tingle on the scalp. This is my ride or die....

Edited by HairIam - Sep 03 2010 at 11:18am
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 57>
  Share Topic