Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Off Face

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Off Face
    Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:51pm
I have never been comfortable with brushing all of my hair off my face.  Does anyone do it?  Are you laying down those baby hairs?  How are the results?

I've been in the lace wig game for quite a while now, and this is still an issue for me.  So, if anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears!
Sponsored Links

miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 3:52pm
Nope..I dont glue at all so its not a good idea for me.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:11pm
I leave my sides exposed.

I thin and cut my edges a lot. I apply the unit with tape - that keeps it on my head but then I use a touch of glue around the edges where I rub my fingers in a circular pattern to get to look like curly hair growing out of my head.

I also take time and cut/thin my sideburns so they look real when I put the hair behind my ears.

You have to expeiment and work with it.
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:33pm
Wig glue causing cancer?  If that was true, every single actor who ever appeared in a "costume drama" where a wig had to be worn would have "forehead cancer", a particular type of cancer, this woman, who works in healthcare insurance, has never heard of.  I mention this only because 1) I've never heard of forehead cancer; 2) movies take 6-12 weeks to finish; 3) many of the women on this forum would have this cancer because many of the women here still glue down their units. 

I see you are a "newbie" here.  Welcome.  There was a discussion about forehead cancer and wig glue a few years ago.  You may want to read it as a piece of reference.  That is not the issue of my original post, but rather that of pulling my hair off my face.  Incidentally, I never said I glued my unit down.  And, thanks to hereditary and stress, I do not have enough hair in the front to have any leave-out.  BTW, clips can pull out your hair as well.

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I will work on making my unit's hairline better and do some ventilating.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:13am
Hee hee!

Correct! I think it's funny that the people in these threads start attributing the glue in lace wig adhesive to cancer.

I've tried to explain this before - Tupees have been on the market for the last 200 years. Tupees have the exact same base construction as the Lace wigs only they usually apply more and glue as obviously they do not have the option of pinning the units to their own hair.

So allll these glues/tapes have been tried and tested for the last 200 years - of course Hollywoood has been into the glues/etcs at least since silent movies .. so how come now that they are so popular in the mainstream .. suddenly these glues give you cancer? Where is this documented?

How come they haven't been giving all these other folks cancer all these 200 years?

And I hope we don't entertain the paranoia that the glue ONLY gives 'us' cancer because we are Black so (shrugs) whatever about us makes us get cancer .. and no one else.

If you dón't like lace wigs .. fine, but you can't make up your own data that somehow the FDA has overlooked ... all these years. Hee hee!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply