It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MissTerry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Loss due to Glue in Weave
    Posted: Apr 05 2006 at 11:34pm
Hi Ladies!
This is my first post and I hope that some one can offer some help or  know anything --- I would so much appreciate anything.
I got a full head quick weave (yes! with the latex glue) & a hairstylist did it. When I took the weave out about 4 weeks after -- my hair came out with the glue!  Not all over my head but just an half inch behind my hair line, on the sides only.  So i have the hair above my forhead but the hair on my sides came out.  There is an 1 1/2 inch of my hair loss behind my hairline on both sides of my head. Where the hair was missing my hair was almost gone completely. 

My question is, has anyone experience hair loss due to a quick weave and if so what did they due for hair growth? Did your hair grow back? What did you do help your grow back?

I am so desperate. No one in my city has any answers. No treatment. Nothing.  The hairstylist that did it acted like it was my fault.  I just did the quick weave because I was growing my hair out so I can get braids, now I cant do anything.  I am so upset.

If anyone knows anything I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links

jen2262 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2006 at 2:21am
Hi MissTerry,

This happend to me whenI was in college. I was being lazy and put a track in the back ( that rhymedLOL). Anyways, I was  missing the whole bottom side of my hair, lots of breakage. I went to my beautician back home, and I told her to cut off any dead ends. Needless to say she made a big scene about the condition of my hair and just decided to cut off all of my hair. I ended up with a short bob that came to the bottom of my ear. I never had my hair that short, EVER! ....The good thing is that after that big cut it grew in healthy as I started to take care of it. I honestly thought the glue had damaged my scalp and the back would never grow back, but it did. So don't worry it will grow back, just no more glue! It will eat your hair.
jvbg81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2006 at 7:02pm

did u oil it when you took it out. i have done quick weaves and have worn them and i ahve never had a problem. now i know alot of people who have takin the hair down in different ways and their hair came out. did she put it too your hair line, because that is a fragile part. well the only treatment i can think of is time. like jen said you are goin to have to let it grow out.

quietone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2006 at 10:44pm

I stopped wearing tracks in high school when the back of my hair thinned out so bad, i had bald spots.  In 2002, my sides of my hair came out after micro-braiding my hair several times. When I realized I was bald on the sides.. and I mean bald.   I began using stimulating growth products like doo groo, aphogee and mane and tail to grow my hair and kept comb attachments or half wigs or full wigs to cover my sides.  Its gonna take time and good hair care to get your hair to grow.  Constantly moisturize and baby it.

MissTerry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2006 at 1:49pm
I am new to this --- and I just want to Thank you all for replying.  I see it just going to take time for my hair to grow back.   And the weave WAS put too close to my hair line --  the thinnest part of my head :( ....

Thank you all again. Smile
prettymocha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2006 at 11:25am
I wore quick weaves for two years, I washed my hair dried it, then gelled it back into a low pony tail.  then I dried it until it was rock hard, and glued the tracks on top of the gelled back pony.  doing this I had no breakage from the glue.  when I got ready to remove, I just saturated the tracks with oil and let it sit until it wiggled free without pulling.  First of all you can't use too much glue.  to remove the residual glue from the pony tail you just slather on some thick creamy shampoo (I used Cream of Nature in the green bottle)  work it on with your fingers, and it kinda disolves so you can comb it out every gently.  you must use enough shampoo, and you won't have to worry about tangles because the hair is already combed straight back in the ponytail.  I got lots of growth doing this.  I replaced it every two-three weeks.
byrdlady22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2006 at 3:09pm
    The glue did it your hair will grow back.
http://public.fotki.com/byrdlady22/
kayeye View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2006 at 12:25am
i got a full head of tracks back in Feb and basically the perimeters (sides of head and back) are all broken off. I'm still trying to rebound from this. I'm just trying to take better care of it by reading the growth regimen's in these threads. My hair is very bad right now but if I don't do anything else with myself, this hair will be long and healthy soon enough...LOL
ms.g View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2006 at 1:33am
im sorry to hear about this.  :(
i dont wear weaves but i know glue can be really tough on the hair.
ive heard a rosemary spritz (water and rosemary) helps with hair filling back in.

Edited by ms.g - Jul 03 2006 at 1:34am
Freshlikemoi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2006 at 9:55am

OMG.....This has happened to me....but WGO (wild growth oil) has helped me tremendously!!!! I put it in, and sit under a dryer and it slips right out....and since wgo makes the ng so soft, the glue kind of just slips out. I know its the WGO b/c recently i came from vaca and i didnt have any more wgo and i took them out myself...it took me about 2 hours, and I had glue stuck in my head..needless to say major breakage. But I recovered. Did a deep and a protein, and I'm back to my good old self. I don't totally disregard tracks n glue, it's a nice quick fix, but I don't do it often I use it about 3 times a year, only on vaca's and special events!! and I am doing it again to go to the bahamas, but thats in 2 months, so I have time to build it up some more. OH and I only ever wear it for 5 to 7 days max.

HTH

Edited by Freshlikemoi - Jul 03 2006 at 9:56am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic