BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Loss and Other Things

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
realuv1029 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realuv1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Loss and Other Things
    Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 6:26pm
I apologize in advance for this lengthy post!

I need help! I've been slowly developing more and more hair issues over the years and it's starting to affect my sanity and self-esteem. It started with what I thought was dandruff, but a dermatologist determined it was seborrheic dermatitis. I tried treating it with prescriptions but it dried out my hair, so I pretty much ignored it. Fast forward a couple of years, and I started to develop about a quarter size bald spot in my crown. What did I do? I guess you could say I forgot about it because I couldn't see it when styling my hair on a daily basis, and only saw it that once because I got a new hair cut and was viewing it from the back with a mirror. Fast forward about 4 more years and I'm  in this hellish predicament. I still have the dandruff, I seem to have flare ups and then periods with little to none. My scalp is often sore, and I now I have noticeable balding/thinning in the crown and it seems to be spreading to other areas. My only saving grace is that I have relatively a lot of hair (although fine) and can cover it up unless I wear styles that require parts. My beautician said when she looks at it there are little red dots and fine short hairs in the area that is badling. (My question is, why didn't my stylist ever bring this to my attention as she has the best view of my full head?) Anyway, my scalp is often sore to the touch and I have to be careful with manipulation and often have to spread washing and styling over  a day or two. The past few months my hair has been shedding in clumps and I've been very proactive about how I care for it (the best and natural products, little to no heat or manipulation, satin scarf etc.) I've also noticed that my APL hair starts to drastically thin from midlength to the ends. I don't know if all of these issues are related or not, but it is driving me crazy!Angry

I saw another dermatologist last year and he just looked at it and labeled it CCCA or "hot comb/ traction alopecia." He said perming, dying, heat styling, braiding etc. causes it. Okay, I'd believe that except I've never dyed or permed my hair, don't excessively heat style (and use heat protectant when I do),  don't wear braids, high ponytails or buns, and I will wear a weave maybe once a year (no longer than a month in). I honestly felt he judged me as an AA female and wrote it off as CCCA without thoroughly diagnosing. I've also heard latest research suggests that CCCA may not be caused by any of these factors and therefore remains a mystery. So, I have found a black female dermatologist who I will be seeing in August, to hopefully get some empathy and solutions!

In the mean time, does anyone have any experience with this or have any idea what it could be? I am 32 years old, the past few years have been quite stressful with grad school and just life period, and I had fibroids removed in January, and I was on medication that stopped my hormones for 6 months. I'd attribute it to that, except this seems to have been brewing for a few years now. Any help or suggestions would be more than appreciated! Thanks!Smile
Sponsored Links

christineAbby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christineAbby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 9:56pm
Smilesorry about your story. I have read your story , and I can't give you advice.
sharma112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharma112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:30am
Hi Say GoodBye For your Hair Loss i am purchacing online shopping for  iGrow Laser Hair Growth to visit 
http://www.tbuy.in/igrow-hair-growth. - http://www.tbuy.in/igrow-hair-growth.html to buy safe and effective hair growth system for men's that provide full scalp coverage after we looking new hair style.

PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2014 at 8:27pm
Hi. I know this response is very late. I'm hoping that ypu have found a good doctor to make a proper diagnosis. Are these bald spots quarter-sized and round? My mom has experienced this about 10 years ago and had a 2nd "relapse" 8 years ago. She was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata. Basically, these are round bald spots that appear randomly on any part of the scalp. They are tender to the touch and grows fuzzy sparse hairs. She was first prescribed with topical steroid ointments and later recieved countless injections on these spots. These bald spots appeared when she was very stressed and was in deep anxiety and was being overworked. Fortunately, she has fully recovered and surprisingly, her hair is very healthy and thick now. Of course, it's different for each individuals. I just thought I must share this to you. Good luck and God bless.
sumitahuja312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumitahuja312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2014 at 1:25am
Take it easy!! You’ll need to understand one fact – dandruff or seorrheic dermatitis does not lead to hair loss directly. It is only the scratching due to irritation or strong medication that can initiate. You should start looking for possibility of androgenetic alopecia by looking in to your genetic history of hair loss. If you can see that in the history, try see a hair expert dermatologist to start with some aggressive treatment for same. Only then can that be delayed by few years.

Know about Hair Loss  -  https://akclinics.org/hair-loss/

Edited by sumitahuja312 - Oct 06 2014 at 1:30am
DG373737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG373737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 10:15am
Ty having your vitamin D levels checked. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/759112_4
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic