Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHair Loss and MN....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
150-55-27 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Loss and MN....
    Posted: Sep 10 2010 at 11:57am
Hi Lovely ladies!!!! :-) I wanted to ask this question and I pray you guys can help me help someone. Okay here it goes, If you have major hair loss due to Bonding Glues, will MN help your hair to grow back? My Auntie has been using That Black hair glue every since I was little and the last Saturday I was gonna do a sew in on her. Now keep in mind I have never seen this woman without her weave on, so When I saw all the bald patches in her head I was like sooooo shocked!!!Confused She has reallly "good hair" and the parts that were there were still pretty much pretty hair, but the bald parts that came from her pulling the tracks out with the glue was horrid! I asked her how long had it been like that and she said for 10 years. Shocked She told me that the hair doesnt grow back right there because of how she pulled the tracks out.
So I decided to put  A LF on her to let her scalp rest.  So ladies do you think this will help Auntie grow her nice hair back??? I felt so bad when I saw that head... Oh and what regimen should I give her every week???
Thank you all in advance, I will so apprecite it! SmileWinkStar
Sponsored Links

150-55-27 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2010 at 12:54pm
Bump Cry
150-55-27 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2010 at 11:24pm
How is it no one can answer my question??? I'm totalLLy disgusted right now.... Thanks anyway....
150-55-27 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2010 at 11:26pm
Wow 33 views and no one to say anything.....
shannelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 1:27am
I'm not familiar with MN but I've read that some women start off with the 2% first then gradually work there way up to 4%. Have you thought about using JBCO?
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 2:23pm
MN may work. 4% would be better than the 2%.

You should probably post this is the "regular" growth section. Pretty much all of the sections have been a ghost town.

If she has suffered from baldness for 10 years... there is a possibility it may not going to grow back. Sounds like Alopecia or Traction Alopecia. And from what I have read in the past, it has to be diagnosed early.. or may result in permanent hairloss.
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 2:39pm
Yeah, don't feel upset. People may not know what to tell you in order to help. If I don't know an answer I don't post. (But I read the thread to see if I can be any help to begin with, which is probably why you got views but no answers... if others did the same)

With that being said, I don't have any advice. I just didn't want you to think you were ignored because nobody wanted to help you. I just don't know the answer, personally.

Edited by Phoenix1017 - Sep 12 2010 at 2:40pm
Krystle~Hime View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 4:12pm
I think wearing a LF with glue on the perimeter will not help either.. Confused

MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 4:59pm
If the hair hasn't been there for ten years, then I agree with yaya. It could be a form of alopecia. Consider taking her to a doctor to evaluate her scalp for a proper diagnosis.

As for a regimen, she needs to condition at least once per week. Protein treatments may be beneficial to her, as well. Try using Jamaican Black Castor Oil to see if it it'll help thicken up her hair... and please, tell her to lay off of the glue-in weaves and lace fronts. If she's going to wear a wig, it needs to be the traditional kind that can be taken off daily and that won't cause any damage to her hair and scalp.
Krystle~Hime View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 5:31pm
i remember when i was using LF, my hair doesn't grow. because where the glue was applied, it was stifled by the glue. the follicle has oxygenated and stimulated.  the glue didn't help.
and it wasn't alopecia. my hair has started to grow back properly 3months after stopping wearing LF and putting glue on my perimeter/hairline, by properly cares and massages.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic