FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair loss after sew in, help!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
designerjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designerjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair loss after sew in, help!
    Posted: May 26 2014 at 11:38am
I took my sew in out about a week and a half ago. I carefully detangled, dc'd, etc. like I always do after a sew in. My hair came out in CLUMPS! I did not do anything different with my install or after. I've been keeping it in loose twists because I'm afraid to do anything with it. When i take the twists out, I lose more hair. Part of me wants to think that I'm experiencing breakage because I'm about 18 weeks post relaxer (except my perimeter). 

I'm thinking of doing a protein treatment, but I am afraid to do anything. 

TIA!
Sponsored Links

onesoulsistah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onesoulsistah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 12:06pm
You need to do a hardcore protein like apoghee two step remember to follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner.  That will stop your breaking and shedding, while you get to the root of what caused it.  I always apply a protein treatment before I get a sew in and right after take down.  maybe your hair is too fragile for a sew
onesoulsistah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onesoulsistah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 12:11pm
Give your hair a break from sew ins while you focus on the health of your hair.  Focus on strengthening your strands before you add additional hair. Don't ignore your real hair just because its in a sew in.  work on developing a sew in regimen to nourish your hair while in a weave 
designerjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designerjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 12:35pm
I did a protein treatment before the install, but had not done a follow up treatment yet. I always care for my hair and have developed a good regimen over the years for both sew ins and regular care. 

I always use ORS protein treatment, do you think that Aphogee would be better?
Super22Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super22Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 7:24pm
This happened to me before...I had to stop stretching so long between relaxers...I have to relax every 2 months
newbee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:16am
i think its because of how long youve gone without a relaxer...when i transitioned it got to a point where my hair was popping off when i combed it. Either cut of the relaxed ends and embrace natural or go get a relaxer and a cut
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic