Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hair length plateau?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:05pm
Like two days split up. But taking them down one at a time and redoing took a few hours out of three days.
Sponsored Links

mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:06pm
lol dayum
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Do you keep your hair stretched ? I notice that my hair grows alot more when stretched than when I wet bun it because detangling is much easier.
Guuurl!Heart

But yeah, obvious breakage is going on and you will have to baby those ends. Always keeping it stretched like rummy suggested (even during wash time), moisturized, sealed, PS styling like updos (they don't need to be damaging to your edges unless you pick those certain hairstyles) and leaving it alone for a few months will get you past your SL plateau.

what makes u say this?
I don't think breaking is the problem....thats what I thought at first until I analyzed my hairs and a majority of it was shedding with a few broken bits here and there

youd be better off starting with the premise that you hair is indeed breaking than anything else, since that is most likely problem.  sure you can believe its a medical issue but that probably not true unless you have other health issues to go along with it.

pretty much every thing you do is either going to cause breakage or has the potential to cause breakage.  your job is just to limit the amount.

i would probably start with finding out you hair's porosity, so that youll know the correct way to keep you hair moisturized and balanced. id learn how to comb or detangle, eliminate all accessories and tools the cause breakage and then id practice protective styling.
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:06pm

i have this hair right now...just concerned because it's synthetic and eats up moisture...

im going to try again

When it comes to moisture retention, you are better off using synthetic hair than yarn.  

Try keeping styles in longer all while moisturising the ends like crazy. 

Also change your combing methods.  I know people who comb away their progress (wrong technique and tools)
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:58pm

Do you keep your hair stretched ? I notice that my hair grows alot more when stretched than when I wet bun it because detangling is much easier.
Guuurl!Heart

But yeah, obvious breakage is going on and you will have to baby those ends. Always keeping it stretched like rummy suggested (even during wash time), moisturized, sealed, PS styling like updos (they don't need to be damaging to your edges unless you pick those certain hairstyles) and leaving it alone for a few months will get you past your SL plateau.

what makes u say this?
I don't think breaking is the problem....thats what I thought at first until I analyzed my hairs and a majority of it was shedding with a few broken bits here and there
My slow butt took forever to get back in here. My bad.Embarrassed

A lot of women hit plateaus at the SL stage so you are not alone. Your hair is rubbing on your collars, scarves and the top of your shoulders and that can cause breakage and snagging which might explain why you see hairs with the bulb on the end. At this stage you may have to baby your ends and edge area by making sure they are moisturized/sealed and minimizing contact on your shoulder area reducing the risk of breakage and snagging.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:00pm

Guuurl!Heart

what makes u say this?
My slow butt took forever to get back in here. My bad.Embarrassed

A lot of women hit plateaus at the SL stage so you are not alone. Your hair is rubbing on your collars, scarves and the top of your shoulders and that can cause breakage and snagging which might explain why you see hairs with the bulb on the end. At this stage you may have to baby your ends and edge area by making sure they are moisturized/sealed and minimizing contact on your shoulder area reducing the risk of breakage and snagging.

see i thought that was typical for sl  too at first but shes not wearing her hair straight so its not touching her shoulders.
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 3:58pm
i believe i have issue with retention also. My hair get to mid bra length and then refuses to do anything else.  and by the time it gets there the ends are much much much thinner than my roots. i just want a health root to tip. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

see i thought that was typical for sl  too at first but shes not wearing her hair straight so its not touching her shoulders.
Thumbs UpAhhh, I see. I just read through everything.

I would give it at least 6+ months (2-3 inches) of hair growth using some of the advice in here such as keeping your ends moisturized and protected in PS styles, especially during winter when hair gets dry. Twist outs, puffs and wearing your hair out may lead to hair tangling and breakage. I would stay away from wearing your hair out and try wearing updos for a few months that keep your ends stretched and protected.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:16am
I'm just going to suggest Hairfinity! Those hair pills are the truth!
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:18am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic