Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hair length plateau?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Hair length plateau?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75967
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Decide how long you want the challenge to be and stick to it. Like three or six months at least. I started last month. It really helped with my hands-in-hair syndrome I was developing. 

I noticed my retention was much better the year before I big chopped. Because of the texture difference my hair was always stowed away in wigs, weaves, and braids/twists. After my big chop I always wore my hair out and loose. I'm trying to protective style this year and see what difference in retention I notice.

good idea, i will try, thank u!

do u protective style with extensions too?

Yes, I particularly like yarn braids but my scalp is really flaky, especially my edges, so I tend to pick at them. Then when I take them out I'll have blank spots in my edges for a few weeks. If you don't have flakes you tempted to pick at I'd recommend them. I like twists with puffy hair too.


But I'm not using them this time because I will neglect washing to try to keep them fresh because it's not like you can just reuse the hair. 

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146406
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:47am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Decide how long you want the challenge to be and stick to it. Like three or six months at least. I started last month. It really helped with my hands-in-hair syndrome I was developing. 

I noticed my retention was much better the year before I big chopped. Because of the texture difference my hair was always stowed away in wigs, weaves, and braids/twists. After my big chop I always wore my hair out and loose. I'm trying to protective style this year and see what difference in retention I notice.

good idea, i will try, thank u!

do u protective style with extensions too?

Yes, I particularly like yarn braids but my scalp is really flaky, especially my edges, so I tend to pick at them. Then when I take them out I'll have blank spots in my edges for a few weeks. If you don't have flakes you tempted to pick at I'd recommend them. I like twists with puffy hair too.


But I'm not using them this time because I will neglect washing to try to keep them fresh because it's not like you can just reuse the hair. 


i have this hair right now...just concerned because it's synthetic and eats up moisture...

im going to try again
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146406
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:48am
i've actually re-used that same hair before star
try it
Back to Top
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75967
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:50am
I'm going to try this too when I can stop being lazy. They will last longer than twists. 


Back to Top
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 28 2006
Location: StrwberryFields
Status: Offline
Points: 300437
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Do you keep your hair stretched ? I notice that my hair grows alot more when stretched than when I wet bun it because detangling is much easier.
Guuurl!Heart

But yeah, obvious breakage is going on and you will have to baby those ends. Always keeping it stretched like rummy suggested (even during wash time), moisturized, sealed, PS styling like updos (they don't need to be damaging to your edges unless you pick those certain hairstyles) and leaving it alone for a few months will get you past your SL plateau.
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146406
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I'm going to try this too when I can stop being lazy. They will last longer than twists. 



I loveee thiss!

i wish my hair was long enough and thick enough Cry
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146406
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Do you keep your hair stretched ? I notice that my hair grows alot more when stretched than when I wet bun it because detangling is much easier.
Guuurl!Heart

But yeah, obvious breakage is going on and you will have to baby those ends. Always keeping it stretched like rummy suggested (even during wash time), moisturized, sealed, PS styling like updos (they don't need to be damaging to your edges unless you pick those certain hairstyles) and leaving it alone for a few months will get you past your SL plateau.

what makes u say this?
I don't think breaking is the problem....thats what I thought at first until I analyzed my hairs and a majority of it was shedding with a few broken bits here and there
Back to Top
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75967
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:58am
Hairdo short ones are cute too.





Edited by liesnalibis - Jan 13 2014 at 11:58am
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146406
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:02pm
^yea it's really cute, she looks good
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 146406
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:04pm
Star, how long did it take u to do your twists?
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down