Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Issues

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Randomgurluk88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randomgurluk88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Issues
    Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:42pm

This year I decided to give my hair a break from sew ins and relaxers. The last sew in I had was 2012 and the last relaxer I had was May 2013. My hair was doing fine until this month (September). My hair has been shedding non stop. I am scared. If I slightly touch it hair falls out. I dont want to go bald Pinch.  My goal was to grow my hair and make it thicker. 

My hair has always been in a healthish state. For instance, as a kid I always used relaxers. My mom never missed the due date. My hair has constantly stayed over shoulder length but nothing to the bra strap etc.  However, my university days/recently I went into the phase of sew ins. I do not think that was the "best" idea for my hair. It tangles up really bad. I tried braids too like box braids and I still find myself with tangled hair.  

So because of the constant tangling, I managed to wear my hair in a bobby pin or french braid it back (my protective styles). 

I co-onditioning and deep conditioning often, but my natural hair is starting to take over ALOT. So I deep condition weekly. I also use leave in mosturizers and shea butter.  

So how can I stop the shedding and keep the hair from the relaxer for a few more months or do I give in to the relaxer. I try to be fragile between the natural and relax hair when combing it.

Sponsored Links

EmpressDani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpressDani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:38pm
Try a black tea rinse or a DIY protein treatment using eggs, mayonnaise, olive oil and honey.

The reason for your breakage is because you haven't been keeping your demarcation line (where the relaxed & natural hair meets) soft enough. You really need to focus on this line along with your ends.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 10:27pm
Aphogee 2 step!!! The exact same thing happened to me when I transitioned. I tried to keep my hair well conditioned and moisturized, to no avail. Then I tried the light protein and it didn't help either. Aphogee stopped the shedding cold! Now I know that I need it every 6 weeks or so.
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 12:38pm
black tea rinses, garlic supplements, or oil are the most popular solutions to stop shedding. aphogee and protein products help in breakage, not shedding. are you suffering from breakage or shedding? there is a difference. and how long was your hair in a sew-in and braids? it's normal to get a lot of shedding after taking your hair out of long period protective styles.
femminathomas56326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femminathomas56326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 1:35am
I have hair breakage issue from some days. this situation is very scary for me because this is first time doing with me and i don't know how i can recover that problem. tell me why this is doing and what is the strong solution for this condition. i wanna resolve it soon. share your tips thanx
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic