Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHair is turning RED with perms.

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
shiamarie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair is turning RED with perms.
    Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 1:40pm

Hi ladies. First off I want to introduce myself and say hi to everyone. I have a little dilemma on my hands. For some reason my hair is turning red whenever I put a perm on. I first noticed it in mid August when my friend put a Dr. Miracleís perm on my head. We took it off right away when it started to turn. About two weeks later I put a Just for Me perm on (because the Dr. Miracleís didnít take) and it immediately turned red. I guess because itís a stronger perm? Anyway I normally use Gentle Treatment and I also have a semi permanent hair color (Black). I used a different brand (Loreal Feria) this time around though before my friend put the Dr. Miracle perm on. Could this be the problem?  Iíve been doing my own perms for years and I canít understand why my hair is now turning color.  I have healthy thick hair and really donít wanna end up looking a mess. I will let this perm stretch but does anyone have any suggestions in the meantime. Thanks yall!

Sponsored Links

mailinda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 7:54pm
I'm no hair stylist but I'm gonna say that is a whole lotta perms and a whole lotta brand of perms in your head. I've relaxed my hair for years and pretty much quit relaxing (like, I've gone from relaxing every six weeks to every six months - I have partly straight hair / loose curls  naturally anyways.)

If you had a black semi permanent in your head - that could have done it. My hairstylist told me that the so-called "semi permanents" are NOT really permanents - traces of the color are always left on your head.

Perhaps...just perhaps, that could have blended with another color you put in over it - thinking a semi-perm could ever really stick to your hair...and those chemical reactions just didn't do well.

Oh, btb (by the by), Dr. Miracle does so much advertising with those incredibly ugly models... and then the beautiful model... remember...those are just ads...with PROFESSONALS who do the work before the picture is shot.

STOP perming with color.
mailinda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 7:54pm

sorry, duplicated my message twice

Edited by mailinda - Oct 22 2007 at 7:56pm
lizalou1972 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 8:27am
Probably because you are using no-lye relaxers. If your hair is already light or medium brown to begin with you will notice it more. Whenever I use them my hair always gets this brassy, orangey tone to it. It could also be the base color of whatever color you are using in your hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic