Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair+Install+Custom Color (Pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jaimeleVuitton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaimeleVuitton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair+Install+Custom Color (Pics)
    Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 8:33am
[Hoping I didn't double post, first time posting in forever. Mods please help if I did something wrong.]

Hello ladies. I'm more of a lurker but I wanted to share my recent hair journey with the forum. Prior to testing a new vendor I was big on Wags hair. However my last order from them was a huge let down. I got maybe 2 months of wear from hair I expected to last up to a year. I ordered raw Indian virgin, 2 bundles, natural straight in the 20-23 range, something along those lines. Did an ombre and the hair just, showed it's behind for lack of a better explanation. It swelled and tangled and just became unwearable. In the past hair I got from them survived multiple color processes and high heat, and was just a dream. I possibly received a bad batch but for that coin and being ignored when expressed my concerns to them made me seek elsewhere.

I did a good many forum searches and watched some YT reviews and decided to give the hair I currently have installed a shot. Brazilian body wave in lengths 16-18-18-20. I was very specific on what I wanted, no fillers, no odd smell, full bundles from weft to tip, no dry ends, whatever I could think of I included. No nits, things of that nature. I ordered the hair on a Sunday and received it very quickly for an international ship. Possibly quicker than domestic items I've ordered.

The hair. (ran my fingers through the horizontal one)
To me it seemed fine, I couldn't find anything to complain about. It didn't smell weird, when I co-washed there was no off color indicating it'd been dyed, the wefts left something to be desired but overall I'm happy with it. I wanted 16" of hair ultimately so I figured ordering longer than I wanted would make for a better finished look after style and cut.

Before my install I bleached and toned one 18 and the 20. It lifted nicely, I'm not a pro but I feared the hair not lifting as high as I wanted which would be a cool blonde, though at first attempt I alone achieved these color results (stylist used all 4 bundles and goodness it was a bit heavy for me, in the future I'd do 3 or 2.5ish):

I wanted it more blonde. So rather than further experimenting I went to a professional colorist who also cut some of the weight out for me and shaped the style more to my liking. I realize I was all over the place in getting where I wanted and could have saved some cash had I found one person that could have done it all but in the area I live, I wasn't able to achieve that. Anyhoo here's the results from the salon and later I played around with my flat iron to achieve the final look.

In the end, I love the color, it's still a bit thick/heavy for my liking but much more manageable with the cut and razor layering. For sure I'll use less bundles in the future. Now that I have the color I want I'm focusing on conditioning the hair after the heavy processing but it's held up better than I expected seeing as this all was a gamble and for research purposes.

Is the hair perfect, absolutely not, however it's much better than what I've spent more on from the BSS, which was hair that was pretty much as/is and not recommended for coloring. Had I not had someone bleach the living hell out of it I'm positive it wouldn't be shedding, but I'm confident with some love it'll be fine.

Thanks for looking and reading ladies. I'll do my best with any questions you might have.
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">
Sponsored Links

Godslady View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:33pm
Nice!
Brilaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brilaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:47pm
Love the final color. 
Lady09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:46pm

I love your hair!

LaTreMagnifique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTreMagnifique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:01pm
I want to oooh and aaah too but I can't see pics. Cry Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong. 
Stephh512 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephh512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:29pm
very pretty Thumbs Up
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Godslady Godslady wrote:

Nice!
labellereve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote labellereve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 3:47pm
This is so pretty...I love the color *thumbs up*
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:01pm
Nice!  I love the way the texture withstood all the bleaching.  If you don't mind me asking, who is the vendor?
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 8:04am
Unhappy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style