Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair help please

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
LadyE07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyE07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair help please
    Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:43am
Hey everyone,

I am in need of some help with my hair. I do have to admit that I have been a bit neglectful to my hair due to my busy lifestyle, but I do my best to keep it moisturize, and to seal my ends. Before my hair was long, strong, and had body; however, now it's weak, limp, and breakage.

I am due for a relaxer, but I cannot relax my hair in this type of condition. I also work out so I know the sweat puts a damper on my hair as well. Anyone have any recommendations to get my hair back strong again?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

PerfectDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 5:24pm
I say wear protective styles for a few months, eat a well balnced diet, and take a hair/skin/nails vitamin---a good quality one.
sshanklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshanklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:58am
Hi, I have a few suggestions that I think will help. Working out does add extra sweat and buildup in the hair so you should wash your hair often. Try to wash your hair every week if you can. Since your hair is weak and breaking, try adding a protein conditioner to your regimen. A good one is Nexxus Keraphix Restorative Strengthening Conditioner, I use it and it is really good. On wash day use a moisturizing shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, and a leave-in conditioner. Try to dilute your shampoo with water. Use a spray bottle for this, when you shampoo, try to focus on spraying the shampoo on your scalp. Shampoo can definitely dry the hair out. Try to use the protein conditioner I mentioned, as needed, because you can get protein overload. Since your hair is weak and breaking, use the protein conditioner the next time you wash your hair. See how your hair reacts, then try it in another two weeks. On wash days, when you use a protein treatment, always follow it up with your moisturizing conditioner. So it should be, shampoo, protein treatment, moisturizing conditioner then leave-in conditioner. Also use a daily moisturizer when you prepare your hair at night for the next day. Lastly, I don't know how you style your hair, but if you use a lot of heat, try to reduce that as much as possible. In addition, if you use heat, use the low or medium heat setting, never the highest. I think you are right your hair right now is too weak to relax so you should hold off on that. I know you posted this awhile ago but I hoped this still helped.

Edited by sshanklin - Jun 20 2014 at 10:04am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair