Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

hair growth help needed!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
prinkargo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prinkargo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair growth help needed!!!
    Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 11:05pm
ive severely neglected my hair for the past 10+ years.. ive recently gotten it to a point where I can pull into a pony/ wear it down in public... for the new year I want to focus on my hair and get it back healthy and growing... I have absolutely no idea what to do or where to start.. my friend recommended this forum to me.... LADIES HELP PLEASEEE!! any advice or tips.. a daily regimen.. I need it all =)
Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 7:51pm
Are you relqxed or natural? It makes a big diff. But look through the stickys they have links that help set up a regi for you. You also have to know somethings about your hair/scalp needs.
shaylanay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shaylanay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:13pm
Whether you are relaxed or natural, make sure you at least keep your scalp moisturized. You'll never have any luck without it. Dry hair is brittle and it will begin to break off.
miszscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miszscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 11:06pm
I am sure many people are going to tell you to do things that they are doing for their hair but you need to do what is best for your hair. This will mean a lot of researching and trying out different things. You do not have to go out and buy expensive products at all, their are many great hair products that are low cost including things you could make yourself. But in general try your best not to use heat (flat ironing, curl ironing, etc.) at least not everyday twice a day like I used to... UGH Instead try roller setting, wet-wrapping, etc. Limit your perm intake if you use perms too often, at least every 3 months or more. Make sure your hair, especially your ends are moisturized. And please, please find out your hair porosity because that will determine a lot about how best to take care of your lovely strands. There is a test to see what kind of porosity your hair has. Mine is low porosity so that means I need to keep light products in my hair, shampoo often, and DC often, pretty much every week. Do your research and find what works for you! I am still doing a lot of research and am creating a research paper for everything, that is how serious I am about getting long hair don't care! lmao and also in case I get lazy, which should never be the case, I can at least have my research paper to refer back to see what worked for me and all.
anna1167 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:32am
Originally posted by miszscott miszscott wrote:

I am sure many people are going to tell you to do things that they are doing for their hair but you need to do what is best for your hair. .

Excellent advice. when i started on my quest for long hair , I was doing almost everything everybody else was doing. The result was hair LOSS. 
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 3:56pm
You can go to this video for help and think about what you're doing to your head.       http://youtu.be/BpIo3hlod6A
rohanjain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohanjain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 5:40am
Tips for hair growth-
1.Eat green vegetables and fruits.
2.Stop heating.
3.Don't use rubber band.
4.Wash your hair properly.
5.Trim your after few weeks.
6.Try home made remedies.

BronxJazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BronxJazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by rohanjain rohanjain wrote:

Tips for hair growth-
1.Eat green vegetables and fruits.
2.Stop heating.
3.Don't use rubber band.
4.Wash your hair properly.
5.Trim your after few weeks.
6.Try home made remedies.

I'd like to add to this. 
7. deep condition with every wash
8. moisturize and seal as needed
9. Apply a leave in and seal after every wash

There are some great deep conditioners you can get on the ground. Organic root stimulator makes great protein and moisturizing deep conditioners. Shea Moisture makes great deep conditioners too. Silk elements is a good moisturizing deep conditioner too. 

For leave in's I would go with kinky curly knot today or giovanni direct leave in if you can find it. Kinky curly knot today is easy to find on the ground and it's a great leave in. 

For moisturizers I would try organic root stimulator again. They have a good olive oil moisturizer that I hear a lot of good things about. 

As far as sealing you could use any oil or butter to seal. It's best if it's all natural. Look at the ingredients. If it says mineral oil put it back. You want an oil or mix of oils not mineral oil or other bad ingredients.  
Denz alberjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denz alberjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:43am
Hairfall is common in amonf all population learn how you can grow your hair by visiting
http://healthncare.info/hair-loss-in-women-treatment-causes-symptoms-research

Edited by Denz alberjo - Jun 02 2014 at 2:45am
eva92watson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eva92watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 7:29am
I think a regular scalp massage twice a day can help you strengthen your hair. It is one of the simplest and effective option to grow your strands. Try!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic