Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hair Direct opens new European office Dec. 6th.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Direct opens new European office Dec. 6th.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 12:12pm
I thought you had ordered a HD unit to review for us, i got really excited!
Sponsored Links

Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:55pm

Oh no. I don't review units and I don't buy units from HD - just supplies. Smile

Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Oh no. I don't review units and I don't buy units from HD - just supplies. Smile

Lol I just meant because we were talking about the units and their magical hairlines a week or so ago, so I thought you'd actually gotten one and was going to tell us what it's like. You still have to let us know about your lemon juice hairline tinting when you do it! ;)
lgylsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgylsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Lol I just meant because we were talking about the units and their magical hairlines a week or so ago, so I thought you'd actually gotten one and was going to tell us what it's like. You still have to let us know about your lemon juice hairline tinting when you do it! ;)

Am looking to buy a new lace wig in the new year and I like the sound of their HIgh definition.  Do you have the link to the thread regarding their hairlines that was posted a few weeks back?  I want to know want I am in store for Tongue
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:04pm
If you go onto their website there are lots of diagrams and stuff that show the stuff about their hairlines and they have an hour long video chat available that talks alllllll about density and stuff
lgylsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgylsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:30am
Thanks Wisney

I will have a look at there chat informtion.  I like the fact that they have a branch in Europe, and you can show them what wig you are wearing at the moment.

Off to start investigating......
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:59am
Ummm do note: HD stands for www.hairdirect.com - not High Definition.
They mainly sell tupees to men and some wigs ... but mainly to White people. Look at their website. It is my understanding that these wigs are expensivel like a thousand a pop or so  ..but they are not so great. (They are trying to pull in the Black market though.)
They have great supplies and videos so this is what I love and why I order from them.
Umm  I once sent 3 units in for repairs - meaning to have some hair added and a couple of other things and for 1 unit  to have the knots bleached. We went back and forth for months - literally on the cost of repairing the repairs and it took another couple of months to complete the work.
After all that incredible amount of hassle - the one thing I really wanted on the one unit - the knots bleached ... were not bleached! I paid for it but they forgot to do it! They told me to send it back but I told them that the cost of shipping it was MORE than the bleaching .... so that would be a waste. Plus they shipped the repairs backs so that I had to pay 30 euro for customs - after I specifically instructed them on how to avoid this.

I was p****. Angry I think the way they manage things is screwy as all heck - I would never deal with them in terms of repairs again. Dead

Their hair products are always great! So I always order from them and look at their videos etc.
Now 'High Definition' (HDH) wigs as mentioned by you are produced by http://www.highdefinitionhair.com/home.html
These wigs are very, very expensive and they cater to Black women .. but there are mixed reviews on their 'baby hairs' and density etc.

People have been talking about them on bhm for years. They have you come into the office and they do a mold of your head, the base is special made because the 'scalp' color is designed you for, you don't use glue - you use hair pins ONLY you can't sleep in or wear these units for a week like we do. No, these are nice wigs to wear to a wedding or something but to wear everyday with hair pins would take out your hair. IMO - This is a diferent system. These are really just like regular 'hard' wigs (not lace wigs) only they are of a better quality than BSS wigs. 

They help with the fitting etc .. however, they are rather limited in the sort of hair textures they have. And because you don't use glue .. they are rather bulky when applied (at least this is my impression from the pics on the side. Look carefully at the thick edges.) so they have this huge density thing going on to hide it.

They run 2 - 4 thousand a pop though!

Someone on bhm reviewed them to say they were great and lasted years but would not produce any pics. In fact she had no explaination as to why there were no pics - other than she didn't want them stolen. But for upwards of 4 thousand .. you at least need to see real life pics of the units AND THE SPECIAL CAP CONTRUCTION - which is their big selling point.

So as far as I know - the ONLY pics are on the website ... and they looked waaaay over the top - like dramatic. But .. who the heck wants to go into the office with that overdone hair? LOL Well maybe some do - as it looks like the women are all models or actresses etc. But for the REST of us ... we just have a nice job somewhere with a normal life .. Smile so the looks are waaay too much. Smile 

Look at the pic of the woman named Shawn for example. They say she is a Corporate COO and maybe she is but ... but I have never seen a COO  present herself in this manner. What? For the office? Wow!

Anyway, MY POINT is that Hair Direct .. does not produce High Definition wigs - that's another company all together.

Edited by Becky - Dec 26 2012 at 5:25am
lgylsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgylsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:33am
Hi Becky

Thanks for the input.  Looking at Hair Directs website and reading their forum, it does become apparent that they lack the expertise to pull in the black market.

I am off to America later this year, and have spoken to the people at High Definition hair, and have told them about my concerns in regards to hairline and they have said that is something they can work on as I do like to pull my hair back and i will not have it looking like a hat Dead

Both of these companies prices run into the thousands for each wig which is fine with me.  I am bald and like realistic looking lace wigs, but am terribly lazy (hate bleaching, tweaking etc).

I am hoping that one of these companies will work out, as I have not bought any wigs in the last year or so as I do not have a regular vendor anymore, and alot of them seem a bit hit or miss.

Blimey, this is tiring sometimes....
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:39am
Originally posted by lgylsen lgylsen wrote:

Hi Becky

Thanks for the input.  Looking at Hair Directs website and reading their forum, it does become apparent that they lack the expertise to pull in the black market.

I am off to America later this year, and have spoken to the people at High Definition hair, and have told them about my concerns in regards to hairline and they have said that is something they can work on as I do like to pull my hair back and i will not have it looking like a hat Dead

Both of these companies prices run into the thousands for each wig which is fine with me.  I am bald and like realistic looking lace wigs, but am terribly lazy (hate bleaching, tweaking etc).

I am hoping that one of these companies will work out, as I have not bought any wigs in the last year or so as I do not have a regular vendor anymore, and alot of them seem a bit hit or miss.

Blimey, this is tiring sometimes....

Well, a lot of members here are bald or have medical hair loss etc and they need realistic units well - so this is not unusal. A lot of members here have a head of hair .. and they want a realistic unit as well. Wink

I reaaaaally encourage you to read the threads and do the research and get over being tired of it because flying to American costs money and buying 1 or 2 of those units for thousands each ...umm seems a tremendous waste of money just because you don't want to invest the time in tweaking a unit from CV for 250. That's a huge difference in cost.

And like I said the HDH units ...don't really look realistic they look over the top. Sorry, but I think if HDH had the capacity to create a realitic hairline - they would have such hairlines on their website. I think in the end if you are gonna have to spend time on the expensive unit yourself for it to look good.Confused

In my experience these companies that promise you the world are in business to make money off you and convince you that it looks good but ultimately .. no one is willing to put the time and energy into making your head look good as you would. It's your head.

Note - It is only the START UP that cost so much of your time. My applications take exactly 10 minutes now. I whittled it down from the 2 hours I needed in the beginning.Wink

Feel free to PM me. I moved to The Netherlands years ago. I am not sure were you are based in Europe - but we could meet for a drink in Amsterdam and I could share my tips. Tongue 

Edited by Becky - Dec 26 2012 at 8:49am
lgylsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgylsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:03am
Thanks for the blunt speak Becky - you sound like my mother. Tongue

My sister has a fixation with New York so was going to factor that into the holiday.

I am in London - if its okay with you I will give you a pm.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>