Mynx Hair

Author
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair color advice
    Posted: May 07 2011 at 2:06pm
Hello ladies!

I know these photos have been floating around for awhile, but due to seeing Nuffy's and Ms Celie's hair coloring magic, I now have the hair color bug in my ear Smile.  

In your expert opinions, what hair colors do you think would work in the Megan Fox photos?  I'm guessing a 1b or 2 on top, and 4 or some type of reddish brown beginning near the cheek bone area to the bottom.

The 2nd photo of Megan looks like it may have the same color scheme, but with highlights starting near the top.

The 3rd photo is of Megan Good, and it's dark, so may be hard to tell what colors are going on here.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

Nufsayd View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 2:13pm
I think your assessment of the coloring is about right give or take...what texture did you have in mind?
Alexis303 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 5:45pm
I have gotten a lot of virgin hair over the years that has been similar color.  That looks similar in color and texture to a lot of Indian virgin hair.  That is probably what I would get in and then alter the color as needed, like by slightly tinting the mid-shaft through ends with a dark warm brown or deepest auburn.  If not virgin hair, I would order a 1B and do the same.
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 5:57pm
Select your strands first. Clip them, cover and close them by using strips of gladwrap to restrict them from coloring the other strands and then pin them up.  I am thinking that maybe you ought to bleach then deposit if the color is not good.  Use unred drops to keep it from becoming too brassy.  If it is not the color that you want repeat with a your color.  It will be easier to do it anyway and more authentic.
Alexis303 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 6:12pm
You shouldn't need bleach I wouldn't think to just lift a level or two on brown hair (unless it is already colored).  It just depends on the starting point of the hair in question.  That is one of the reasons I only color virgin hair (in extension and wigs) anymore.  It is so much easier and more predictable.  There is an age old rule in dealing with hair color and that is, "tint doesn't lift tint", hence it is so much easier to deal with virgin hair so that you don't have to bleach and re-tint.  
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Nufsayd Nufsayd wrote:

I think your assessment of the coloring is about right give or take...what texture did you have in mind?

Hmm, I'm thinking of either a virgin Malaysian or Mongolian body wave.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Alexis303 Alexis303 wrote:

I have gotten a lot of virgin hair over the years that has been similar color.  That looks similar in color and texture to a lot of Indian virgin hair.  That is probably what I would get in and then alter the color as needed, like by slightly tinting the mid-shaft through ends with a dark warm brown or deepest auburn.  If not virgin hair, I would order a 1B and do the same.

This is what I was thinking,  but using Malaysian, Mongolian (ie Chinese Smile) hair.

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 7:30pm
Thanks very much for everyone's responses so far.  I'm still too chicken to go for an overall color change, so I'd first like to see how an ombre or maybe a highlighted effect would work.  I need a chance for the summer! Smile
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic