Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Clip Ins

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PrttyBrwnEyez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrttyBrwnEyez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Clip Ins
    Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 2:01pm
Hello, everyone. I tried doing a search on this, but I couldn't find anything. For a while now I have been wearing full sew ins, and next month I finally want to give my hair a break from it. My hair has grown a lot since using this particular protective style, with only the hair that I leave out to blend being the shortest. My hairis also fine. I was wondering if any of you have ever experienced using hair clip ins to create fullest or has anyone ever made them themselves.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links

Colby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 2:38pm
SS clipins
Hey there I've used clipins before & I'm really not a fan of them. I prefer skin wefts.

Edited by Colby - Dec 21 2012 at 2:39pm
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:02pm

I've made my own clip-ins and use them on a regular basis for fullness. They are simple to take out and put in everyday if you want, however, I am wearing my hair curly and I roll the clip-ins up on my flexirods with the rest of my hair each evening.  they can irritate your head at times if they aren't placed right, but it's a quickl thing to adjust.

theLANAshow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theLANAshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:35pm
Clip-ins are great! I make my own and use them frequently. But if you're trying to give your hair a break, I would recommend only wearing them on special occasions or the weekends. The clips and the hair can weigh on the roots of your natural hair causing breakage if you wear them too much.
biishplz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biishplz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:18am
I've made my own clip-ins before. It's really easy to do and probably cheaper for you to do it that way rather than buying the already made clips. You just get the little snap in clips and you can sew the hair on it through the holes. I've considered hot gluing the hair on the clips but I'm not sure how that would work but I'll test it out on some BSS store one of these days, lol. 
pinkowinko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkowinko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 11:49pm

After watching this incredibly helpful video on youtube, I was inspired to transition from a traditional sew-in to a clip-in weave. I created the clip-ins myself resuing hair from a previous install, and then I sewed toupee clips on doubled wefts. Using this method, I braid my hair back as she has done in the video, and then I clip each row onto the braided hair.

I prefer wearing my extensions this way because I am readily able to remove the hair. I can access my scalp better, and can wash and re-tighten the braided base whenever I see fit. I also enjoy that I can switch around my leave out every few weeks, allowing different sections of my hair to "rest". As a natural (4-something), it would be difficult to wear clip-ins on on my actual hair. Leaving only a small amount in the front, and clipping the equivalent to a full head weave onto my braids, I am able to achieve better blending. For me, this has not been damaging to my hair because the braids provide a secure and stable base allowing the clips to firmly grip the hair, but without pulling on it.  Lastly, if you can simply braid your own hair, wearing clip-ins this way eliminates costly sew-ins.  I can't recommend this method enough!

Edited by pinkowinko - Dec 25 2012 at 11:53pm
phillii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:49am
I've been wearing clip-ins for about a month, I love them.  They give me a lot of versatility and it is giving my hair chance to breathe (as the ol folks say).  However, I have noticed that I have been using a lot more heat, just to maintain the blending.  I do avoid falling asleep in them. 
Bristal Birita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristal Birita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 5:44am
Originally posted by pinkowinko pinkowinko wrote:

After watching this incredibly helpful video on youtube, I was inspired to transition from a traditional sew-in to a clip-in weave. I created the clip-ins myself resuing hair from a previous install, and then I sewed toupee clips on doubled wefts. Using this method, I braid my hair back as she has done in the video, and then I clip each row onto the braided hair.

I prefer wearing my extensions this way because I am readily able to remove the hair. I can access my scalp better, and can wash and re-tighten the braided base whenever I see fit. I also enjoy that I can switch around my leave out every few weeks, allowing different sections of my hair to "rest". As a natural (4-something), it would be difficult to wear clip-ins on on my actual hair. Leaving only a small amount in the front, and clipping the equivalent to a full head weave onto my braids, I am able to achieve better blending. For me, this has not been damaging to my hair because the braids provide a secure and stable base allowing the clips to firmly grip the hair, but without pulling on it.  Lastly, if you can simply braid your own hair, wearing clip-ins this way eliminates costly sew-ins.  I can't recommend this method enough!

thanks for the video pinko!clip in looks really easy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply