Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Breakage 101--- just wanted to share

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LaraMasterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraMasterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2011 at 5:48pm
There is some great information here.

I've found most products out there to be mediocre at best.  I'd rather use egg yolks and mayonnaise than most of them.

Have you tried Urielpure's Strengthening Conditioner?

I recommend  it all the time to my own friends and family since it is the most effective product for black hair that I have found so far.  www.urielpure.com

It moisturizes and replenishes the hair naturally in all of the ways listed above.  According to their site it is "Healthy Hair in a Bottle".

I hope this helps.

Best of luck, 

Lara
Sponsored Links

Quintessence9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quintessence9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 10:14am
I just really wanted to say THANKS! I'm still confused but this will def. help me figure it all out. I also think my breakage comes from me not really knowing how to comb my hair properly. 
dcjones32809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcjones32809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 9:57pm

this was great... thanks

cake23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 10:34pm
First off, I would like to say that the the information given at the beginning was so helpful. I had been experiencing so many problems with my hair and was just fed up because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Like many black ladies, I didn't know how to take care of my hair. All of my knowledge had been a collection of old wives' tales and whatever my mother knew (which was, "Put some grease on it..") But since deciding that I was going to get my hair healthy again, or if it ever was, I started doing some research and reading forums like these and it has given me the direction I needed.

That said, now on to hair! I have relaxed hair. I relax my hair every 10-12 weeks. My natural texture is very coiled and coarse so styling and maintaining my natural roots is very difficult. My hair's autonomic response to any change whether it be a change in weather, diet, a new product, etc. is to shed and break. But what I have found that has greatly reduced my shedding and breakage is black tea rinses. Last night, here was my regime:

Pre-poo with olive oil under a cap for 30 minutes
Shampoo with Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
Sprayed in black tea rinse using a non-descript british black tea (5 bags steeped 8 oz. of water for 45 min.)
Applied Aussie 3-minute Miracle Deep Conditioner on top of rinse- under a cap for 1 hour
Rinsed out and applied Kera Care Foam Wrap Set and Chi Silk fusion

I must say I have not had my hair feel this buttery soft and easy to comb in I don't know how long. My shed after my hair dried completely was half of what it normally is. Today, I had like four hairs of shed. If the first use was this successful, then I can't imagine what it's going to be like in the future.

So, if you have breakage and shed issues, try black tea rinses.
Bijoux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bijoux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2011 at 9:43pm

Thanks for all the info Mizzslick!Thumbs Up

LaraMasterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraMasterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2011 at 5:21pm
It's amazing all of the inexpensive, easy, and natural remedies that are out there that nobody ever really hears about. 

That's why places like this are great!  We can all compare notes.
Weezyf88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weezyf88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2011 at 11:04pm
thanks for the info!!!!!
Kay26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 5:38pm
BUMP...and, Thanks alot!
khudson32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khudson32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 1:37pm

Hi,

Can you help me please? I have heath issues and I take Medication but none of its new but for the past four months I have had very bad hair breakage .I even went to dr. about this problem. I was relaxing my hair every 6 months but since the last time which has been about 4 months now I have not done it & I'm going to stop perming hair. The doctor & everyone tell me my hair is very dry (what can I get for that)The doctor told me to buy this shampoo which I did dpl his brand I had my split end cut a few weeks ago, hot oil treatment & a protein treatment but in hair but it's breaking. I use a deep conditioner & hair mayonnaise on my hair Thx in advance

NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2012 at 10:43pm
Holy crap, why don't I visit the hair threads here more often??!? I could have saved myself months of dead hair if I'd found this earlier...

About a year and a half ago, I completely murdered my hair with bleach trying to get the pink out. The bleach set for 2 hours (someone jumped in the shower before I could wash it out! D:D:D: ), 40 volume developer, and the pink still didn't come out. But when I was finally able to wash the bleach out, I guess I also washed out like all the protein. My hair was like a super-thin, wet rubber band. Or a thick line of spider webbing. It felt way too soft and snapped just brushing it. I was mortified. I'm surprised all my hair didn't fall out right then.

Somehow over the next year and a half, I was able to bring my hair back with deep conditioners, leave-in conditioners and keratin products (I assumed moisture=health). But now my hair, despite still using deep conditioners religiously, has drifted to the other end of the spectrum. I can get it to feel really soft the first day after a shower depending on what products I use, but by day two it's completely dried out and crunchy (God forbid I'm out all weekend and can't get a shower til day three!)

Now that I know the difference and how to treat each problem, I'm going to start working to really bring my hair back to life. I haven't used my argan oil in a long time (well, not for my hair, at least), so I guess I'll start using that after I shower and put in my other hair stuff. I used to have trouble with my hair getting too oily too fast using it, but I guess that was also when moisture was already my problem.

This all makes so much sense now. Why my new keratin-based deep conditioners aren't helping me in the slightest. ^^; I feel silly now! Too bad I didn't read this a few weeks ago when I trimmed my poor hair thinking it was dead for good. :/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273>