Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Bleaching and Pre-lightening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 11:53am
Originally posted by DaGift_DaCurse DaGift_DaCurse wrote:

I am getting ready to bleach my 1/1b virgin hair this blonde what developer creme and time length I will need/ need to do to obtain this color.....

If your doing this on your own hair, I would use Clairol 7th stage and two activator packets  to lift to a level 7/8 then tone with a neutral light blonde  color using 20 volume creme deveveloper. I don't know about dyeing weave (as I have stated before).
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 11:56am
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Originally posted by DaGift_DaCurse DaGift_DaCurse wrote:

I am getting ready to bleach my 1/1b virgin hair this blonde what developer creme and time length I will need/ need to do to obtain this color.....

If your doing this on your own hair, I would use Clairol 7th stage and two activator packets  to lift to a level 7/8 then tone with a neutral light blonde  color using 20 volume creme deveveloper. I don't know about dyeing weave (as I have stated before).

I forgot to add: You can use 30 volume creme developer with powder lightener to lift up to a level 7 then use a neutral level 9 blonde haircolor with a level 20 or 30 developer to acheive this as well.
Crayon-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crayon-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 11:52pm

I think I want to use 3 packs or maybe 2 1/2 but I dont know how to convert that into small measurements for the strand test. Basically, I dont want to waste any product.
Try 1 tsp 7th stage, 2 tsp 20 vol developer and a 1/4 tsp for every packet of powder activator you plan on using.

I used this formula to do a strand test. I plan on using 3 activator packets so I used 3/4 tsp of activator, hope that's right - my math is bad.

I processed for 30 minutes and got a honey blonde; not brassy at all! It was perfect. Then I put some shimmering lights shampoo on it and it seemed to make it brassier (confused about this, maybe it was just my eyes) so I think I'll be skipping that step. I also don't think I'll be leaving the bleach on any longer than 20 minutes. 25 at the most. I think my dye is a cool enough dark color to take to hair darker than honey blonde and be true to color.

BUT very satisfied with how 7th Stage works with activator packets and 20 vol developer.  LOL

Edited by Crayon-chan - Oct 16 2012 at 11:57pm
Crayon-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crayon-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 12:17am

Originally posted by Crayon-chan Crayon-chan wrote:

5 months later I'm back in this thread again. I still want to bleach and dye my natural 4c-4? hair. I just want to do it right. I've been taking notes and trying not to confuse myself.

I'm set on using Clairol 7th stage with 2-3 packets and 20 vol creme developer because my hair is dark brown and I need that double drabbing action.

When I bleach it what is the best way to deal with orange and brass? I have dark brown hair; around a 1-2 and I'm sure that it will be orange-y once I reach the maximum amount of processing time. Is there anything I can do to take out the brass? Would a toner work? I understand the toner will have to be blue.

After the reconstuctor (after bleaching) would the Aphogee balancing moisturizer be appropriate to use as a deep conditioner?
Will conditioning, rinsing and allowing to air dry interfere with a rinse's color pick up?

Clairol 7th stage is blue to cancel out the red/orange/gold tones. If you're doing this on virgin hair, 3 packets of activator has gotten my level 2 dark brown hair to a level 8/9 neutral light blonde. YOu can use the toner immediately after rinsing the reconstructor or condition, rinse, air dry, then tone. I've done both without any interference. It's when you use a toner before a recontructor that interferes with the color pickup, for it sucks the color out. 

Thanks for the help again!

I was so nervous about brassyness but I used 7th stage with 3 packets and got to 8/9 in one try. No brassyness! Your suggestion to use 7th stage was a great one! Clap

I'm a little confused but reconstruct before toning because the reconstructor will pull the toner color out of the hair?

Edited by Crayon-chan - Oct 17 2012 at 2:16am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:23pm

5 months later I'm back in this thread again. I still want to bleach and dye my natural 4c-4? hair. I just want to do it right. I've been taking notes and trying not to confuse myself.

I'm set on using Clairol 7th stage with 2-3 packets and 20 vol creme developer because my hair is dark brown and I need that double drabbing action.

When I bleach it what is the best way to deal with orange and brass? I have dark brown hair; around a 1-2 and I'm sure that it will be orange-y once I reach the maximum amount of processing time. Is there anything I can do to take out the brass? Would a toner work? I understand the toner will have to be blue.

After the reconstuctor (after bleaching) would the Aphogee balancing moisturizer be appropriate to use as a deep conditioner?
Will conditioning, rinsing and allowing to air dry interfere with a rinse's color pick up?

Clairol 7th stage is blue to cancel out the red/orange/gold tones. If you're doing this on virgin hair, 3 packets of activator has gotten my level 2 dark brown hair to a level 8/9 neutral light blonde. YOu can use the toner immediately after rinsing the reconstructor or condition, rinse, air dry, then tone. I've done both without any interference. It's when you use a toner before a recontructor that interferes with the color pickup, for it sucks the color out.

Thanks for the help again!

I was so nervous about brassyness but I used 7th stage with 3 packets and got to 8/9 in one try. No brassyness! Your suggestion to use 7th stage was a great one! Clap

I'm a little confused but reconstruct before toning because the reconstructor will pull the toner color out of the hair?

Yes. You need to reconstruct before coloring because the cuticule of your hair shaft is open for about 1-3 days after a chemical service (bleaching, tinting, perming, relaxing) and is very porus. The length and ends tend to be a lot more porus than the roots due to  styling wear n' tear, previous chemical processes and enviromental damage. Using a reconstructor will help even out the porosisty to ensure even toning. To help understand why reconstructors re to be used BEFORE toning, I'll use apply a drying clay mask to absorb oil. The clay mask dries and hardens pulling dirt and oils from the skin, reconstructors harden and bond to the hair. Say the hair color you just applied is the oil in your skin, your freshly colored hair with open cuticle are like your pores, and the reconstructor is the mask..... as this stus dries and hardens, they pull the color out from the hair shaft. I hope this makes sense.Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:02pm
Is it possible for someone to make this thread a sticky?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:14pm

Experimenting with Colors

For the most part people are bleaching their hair just to achieve colors like green, blue,  red, yellow, pastels, neons, silver, stripes etc...and it can be overwhelming at times. The next section will be about how high to pre lighten your hair for certain colors. STAY TUNED!!!Cool
LonghairLuci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LonghairLuci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:43am
I think of you relax your hair and you bleach it..you are accepting that your hair will get shorter.

I made that mistake years ago...Never again!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by LonghairLuci LonghairLuci wrote:

I think of you relax your hair and you bleach it..you are accepting that your hair will get shorter.

I made that mistake years ago...Never again!!!
Read the first page......I DON'T recommend bleaching relaxed hair at all and stated the reasons why. Also, relaxing bleached hair is an absolute NO because your hair will actually melt.DeadDeadDead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:45pm

Experimenting with Colors

For the most part people are bleaching their hair just to achieve colors like green, blue,  red, yellow, pastels, neons, silver, stripes etc...and it can be overwhelming at times. The next section will be about how high to pre lighten your hair for certain colors. STAY TUNED!!!Cool
I'm having problems with posting photo references on here......Confused. Trying to get things set up properly. First color will be in the RED family since it's the easiest to achieve. HOLD TIGHT, FOLKS!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic