Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Bleaching and Pre-lightening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Crayon-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crayon-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Loveverythinghair Loveverythinghair wrote:

Crayon, a toner or you can use booster in the mixture ,but boosters are added in the mixture.

You can also use shimmering lights shampoo and conditioner too or use shampoos and conditioners that are made for blonde etc.

I think it will be a choice of your own though as to which conditioner you use.

Just make sure it leaves your hair soft.

Depending on how dark your hair is just as long as you use the correct strength developer per your hair color and type it should be a beautiful perfect lift.

When it turns orange it means it wasn't left on as long and took off to early or your hair was way to dark and you didn't use the proper strength developer.

The best thing I would tell anyone is to use professional bleach.

Add a booster and it helps pushes the color to vibrant.

Hope this helps.

The better the quality of the the items used, the better your results.

Take your time and do it like a pro.Smile
PS Shimmering lights works good directly after if you see orange tones.

Thank you for the quick response.

With Clairol 7th Stage and the activator packets, I don't think I'll be going any higher than a 20 vol. developer.

I will definitely pick up the shimmer lights shampoo.
Sponsored Links

LushHair_Fein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LushHair_Fein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Crayon-chan Crayon-chan wrote:

5 months later I'm back in this thread again. I still want to bleach and dye my natural 4c-4? hair. I just want to do it right. I've been taking notes and trying not to confuse myself.

I'm set on using Clairol 7th stage with 2-3 packets and 20 vol creme developer because my hair is dark brown and I need that double drabbing action.

When I bleach it what is the best way to deal with orange and brass? I have dark brown hair; around a 1-2 and I'm sure that it will be orange-y once I reach the maximum amount of processing time. Is there anything I can do to take out the brass? Would a toner work? I understand the toner will have to be blue.

Also you should consider adding on or all to your mixture as well.  You can buy by the bottle for around $6 or just a single packet for $.99 at Sallys

* Unred Hair Color Drabber eliminates unwanted red tones from colored hair. Works in all bleaches by minimizing brassiness.  Plus there is less fading and oxidation because color locks-in and holds.

* Red Gold Corrector Plus is an extra-strength formula that is used during tinting, bleaching or toning to eliminate unwanted harsh red or gold tones. It also deep conditions the hair and refreshes blondes, grays and white hair.

* Lock-in Blonde optimizes blonde colors, decreases fading and neutralizes brassy tones. Lock-In Blonde can be used as a gold based filter, as an additive to restore fading blondes and on ash based neutralizer for brassy color.

After the reconstuctor (after bleaching) would the Aphogee balancing moisturizer be appropriate to use as a deep conditioner?
Will conditioning, rinsing and allowing to air dry interfere with a rinse's color pick up?
I use the Aphogee 2 step after bleaching, then I apply my rinse afterwards... Then I follow up with a good deep conditioner and /or moisturizing conditioner.
Loveverythinghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loveverythinghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 2:38pm
You welcome. The advice in the post above are good too.

There are various ways to get the orange tone out.

Each technique are made to do the same thing.

Remove brassy unwanted tones.

Originally posted by Loveverythinghair Loveverythinghair wrote:

Crayon, a toner or you can use booster in the mixture ,but boosters are added in the mixture.

You can also use shimmering lights shampoo and conditioner too or use shampoos and conditioners that are made for blonde etc.

I think it will be a choice of your own though as to which conditioner you use.

Just make sure it leaves your hair soft.

Depending on how dark your hair is just as long as you use the correct strength developer per your hair color and type it should be a beautiful perfect lift.

When it turns orange it means it wasn't left on as long and took off to early or your hair was way to dark and you didn't use the proper strength developer.

The best thing I would tell anyone is to use professional bleach.

Add a booster and it helps pushes the color to vibrant.

Hope this helps.

The better the quality of the the items used, the better your results.

Take your time and do it like a pro.Smile
PS Shimmering lights works good directly after if you see orange tones.

Thank you for the quick response.

With Clairol 7th Stage and the activator packets, I don't think I'll be going any higher than a 20 vol. developer.

I will definitely pick up the shimmer lights shampoo.
Crayon-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crayon-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by LushHair_Fein LushHair_Fein wrote:

5 months later I'm back in this thread again. I still want to bleach and dye my natural 4c-4? hair. I just want to do it right. I've been taking notes and trying not to confuse myself.

I'm set on using Clairol 7th stage with 2-3 packets and 20 vol creme developer because my hair is dark brown and I need that double drabbing action.

When I bleach it what is the best way to deal with orange and brass? I have dark brown hair; around a 1-2 and I'm sure that it will be orange-y once I reach the maximum amount of processing time. Is there anything I can do to take out the brass? Would a toner work? I understand the toner will have to be blue.

Also you should consider adding on or all to your mixture as well.  You can buy by the bottle for around $6 or just a single packet for $.99 at Sallys

* Unred Hair Color Drabber eliminates unwanted red tones from colored hair. Works in all bleaches by minimizing brassiness.  Plus there is less fading and oxidation because color locks-in and holds.

* Red Gold Corrector Plus is an extra-strength formula that is used during tinting, bleaching or toning to eliminate unwanted harsh red or gold tones. It also deep conditions the hair and refreshes blondes, grays and white hair.

* Lock-in Blonde optimizes blonde colors, decreases fading and neutralizes brassy tones. Lock-In Blonde can be used as a gold based filter, as an additive to restore fading blondes and on ash based neutralizer for brassy color.

After the reconstuctor (after bleaching) would the Aphogee balancing moisturizer be appropriate to use as a deep conditioner?
Will conditioning, rinsing and allowing to air dry interfere with a rinse's color pick up?
I use the Aphogee 2 step after bleaching, then I apply my rinse afterwards... Then I follow up with a good deep conditioner and /or moisturizing conditioner.

Thanks for the response, I just have a few questions;
Consider adding one or all of the three products you listed (Unred, Red Gold or Lock-In Blonde color corrector?) to 7th Stage?
DaGift_DaCurse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaGift_DaCurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 11:39am
I am getting ready to bleach my 1/1b virgin hair this blonde what developer creme and time length I will need/ need to do to obtain this color.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loveverythinghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 11:50am
@DaGift if your hair is that dark,you can try at least a 30 and that's just to monitor  the progress.

A 40 will lift fast. A 10 or a 20 will only lift so much. I'll try a 20 or a 30. If you are going to be doing it yourself.
Normally you start at the back and work your way up,For example if you start with a 20 at the back it will be half way processed so as you get closer to the front I have saw where stylist do 30 on top just so it catches up with the already processed at the back.

But from experience I really doubt if it turn out to be the same exact color as Kimbella or Beyonce's  hair.

When hair is that dark,you may see some orange tones,which will again result in the same question asked by the OP.

So read their advice above.

But I bet it will be pretty since you never had color before.
I have had bleach in my hair over and over and over again.

And Oh I'm not saying you should try a 40, that's the highest  you could use.

But I recommend a 20 or 30 for best results after such as hair breakage,dryness,shedding.

DaGift_DaCurse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaGift_DaCurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 12:05pm
I think I should have made it clear that this is virgin Brazilian weave hair....sorry.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loveverythinghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 12:18pm
Oh,girl, lol I know nothing about weaves,just the hair that grows out of the head.

But with weave you can experiment with that to the fullest.

Is it already in your hair?

If not cut a piece , I'm thinking that 30 may work good. 40 maybe way to loud for you. Because they hair is toned down a bit.
Loveroflife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loveroflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 9:21pm
Where is the cheapest place to get color developer online?
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 11:47am

Clairol 7th stage is blue to cancel out the red/orange/gold tones. If you're doing this on virgin hair, 3 packets of activator has gotten my level 2 dark brown hair to a level 8/9 neutral light blonde. YOu can use the toner immediately after rinsing the reconstructor or condition, rinse, air dry, then tone. I've done both without any interference. It's when you use a toner before a recontructor that interferes with the color pickup, for it sucks the color out. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic