BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair advice 101?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kai Decadence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair advice 101?
    Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 8:12pm
Hi there, I'm relatively new to the forum but I've browsed around here a few times and I thought this would be the perfect place to ask some black hair related questions. Smile Though to start things off, it should be noted that I am a male lol.

So I've had my hair relaxed for about 2 years now and while I do like having my hair straight, I don't want to keep relaxing it forever as I know it can be very damaging in the long run. Plus, handling new growth with the relaxer can be a bit of a hassle... So I've been looking into alternatives of what I could use to substitute relaxers. Wigs were my first idea. I was thinking of buying a wig, getting it cut into a style I like, and do a big chop of my hair and just wear the wig instead. The problem though is I'm afraid of the wind blowing it off as where I live, it gets EXTREMELY windy at times! So I'm iffy on that.

I have considered weaves but I really don't have the money for it, plus, I don't think I'd want to have a weave sewn into my hair...

And the last thing I'm considering is extensions though I'm confused on those myself. The hair length I want isn't long, rather short honestly. I'll post some pictures of what I mean. But yeah, if I were to try extensions, I'd definitely go the clip in route but I'm not sure. I'd be afraid of them falling out... There is just so many options.

My question is, what do you think is best? Any suggestions are welcome. Like I mentioned, I love having straight hair but I know relaxers will weaken my hair as i use them but I really want to continue having straight hair styles. So what do you think? I apologize for the long question but I felt it would be good to be thorough.

-My natural hair (unrelaxed) =
(Extra Question = Is my hair 4C textured? I'm pretty sure it is but just wanted to be sure)

-My current hair (relaxed) =

-Hairstyle I'd like to achieve with extensions/wig
    (Rihanna is probably the best person to describe a short hairstyle I'd love to try)
--> (In terms of how I'd like to lay my side hair (in front of the ear)

Adam Lambert's hair is probably more suited for a wig but still, it's something that I'm wanting to try with one lol

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 8:22pm
It won't fly off your head if it's secured with wig clips
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:18pm
I think a feather look or razor cut like the white man in the picture would look better on you . Maybe you can grow your own hair out . Check out the growth froum .   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:48pm
Even in the most heinous of windstorms? I live in Nevada and the windstorms get pretty bad...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:51pm
Adam Lambert's (the white man) hairstyle would be cool to try but I also like Rihanna's for how it lays not all teased like his so that's why I posted her pictures as an example.

As for growing my own hair, I would do that but like I said, the whole relaxing thing, I'm not sure if I want to keep doing that for a long period of time.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 8:39am
Ok . I use Aphogee protein treatments in the small pack to straighten my hair . No relaxer . Good luck .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:38pm
Hmm I'll look into this. Do you think it would work on my natural hair though? Like in my picture, my hair is really coiled...

But I really do appreciate all the help, thank you!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Kai Decadence Kai Decadence wrote:

Hmm I'll look into this. Do you think it would work on my natural hair though? Like in my picture, my hair is really coiled...

But I really do appreciate all the help, thank you!
Yes . I went natural a few years ago . The small packs will keep yor hair healthy and straight . I have nappy 4 A lol . The joico line works really well . Welcome . Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 2:18am
I don't listen to a lot of trance music but wow, he has an awesome hair style and I would try rocking that (of course, it'd be black instead of brown lol). But the problem I'm having right now is that I'm wondering if it'd be possible to get a wig cut in that style. LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic