Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Had to share...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:23am
No problem @Shrew

Update: These are the bhringraj supplements I'm attempting to take daily...

I've been taking them at night (when I remember) and I notice clearer skin the morning after...

The oil is still working well for my hair. I've been applying it to my scalp, and I apply a mixture of the bhringraj oil and WGO my hair...

Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 10:40am
Wow! you're right on target... i forgot all about the supplements.. i started the tablets about a year after using the oils.

i take the Banyan Botanicals brand.. it's actually a "proprietary blend"..

bhringraj leaf (eclipta alba)
Amalaki fruit (emblica officinalis)
brahmi leaf (Centella asiatica)
Hibiscus flower (hibiscus rosa) = 500mg.

*certified organic

this might not happen to you, because everyone is different?  i started getting these  occasional small sores around my gums.  I noticed i also get this when i ingest too much organic sulfur..

You don't have to stop using your supplement. instead of taking 2 just cut back and take one.  these caps, may be small, but they are very potent. 

there is also a chinese version of Bhringaraj known as "He Shou Wu" - aka Fotki.  In English, it's called "Black hair, he".. the guy who discovered it chewed the leaves, and had thick, black hair past the age of 75.

I take them both.  My SO is younger than myself but he keeps asking: "Why don't you have grey hair?"

The bhringaraj is not only great for hair and skin, but great for the eyes and the lungs.  great choice!

Smile

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 27 2013 at 10:41am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 11:35am
^^Ya know what? Last week I had a sore on the inside of my gumline right above my tooth...I thought I might've ate something that irritated my gums. That is good to know...thank you so much for that information!

I've been taking 2 at night, so I will cut back to 1...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 8:48pm
I guess I'll use this thread as my personal journal. I don't want to forget what/when I used something that may have attributed to hair growth...

Took some maca this morning...I take that during my menstrual cycle to balance my hormones.

Just finished taking a contrast shower, forgot how great those are for circulation and skin...good blood circulation=possible increase in hair growth rate

contrast showers also give you energy when taken in the morning, and calm you when taken in the evening.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 11:25am
Made a T this morning...

I'll post more length-check pics with the shirt sometime tomorrow once it's completely dry...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 12:36am
My hair has grownnnn...last week when I flat-ironed, my hair stopped right above my nipple...today, it's just at my nipple :D

I cowashed w/herbal essences hydralicious condish...

Only lost 3 strands while detangling. I will continue to use the oil, it's making my hair so soft and lush and I'm not shedding nearly as badly as I usually do...

Here's a texture shot straight outta the shower, no product, no combing, styling or drying involved...

Here's my official length check pic...my ends are thinner (relaxed ends)...I'll prob trim/cut them off by the end of the summer...

I'll use this shirt from now on when doing any length checks...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 10:28am

If this is not the most beautiful style I've seen in a while...

This will more than likely be my summer PS if I don't end up getting a sew-in...

They seem like they'd be easier on my edges than senegalese twists and the install and take-down would probably be a breeze

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 5:28pm
those are gorgeous styles, GG.. just remember..

if you see or feel your edges getting thinner?  switch up the style quickly!  Unfortunately, i have fine 4c hair.. it can't take extensions on the sides or the crown.Ouch

Those models are gorgeous BTW!Embarrassed
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 7:26pm
Does the oil have a strong odor like amla oil?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 5:22pm
i use it sparingly in Moisture Spritz or a pre-poo..

Maybe it's just me, Nars?  but i think Bhringaraj smells like weed up close.

I don't want to get "busted" at work for no reason, so i use it "indirectly"..Embarrassed

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic