Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

GZ Juror Says He Got Away With Murder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 12:32pm
hmmmm...could that be why the defense attorney is saying that gz should have never been charged?
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 12:42pm
i just still feel like the handling of gz and the crime scene immediately following the murder was totally and completely mishandled.  the f*ckery started right there imo.  and for the smug faced lead prosecuter to suggest otherwise (as she did in the press conf) is negligent (if not criminal) as far as i am concerned.

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 26 2013 at 3:37pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 12:42pm
Claudie that is exactly what confused me initially because they made such a big deal on "deciding" whether to go the SYG hearing route and they opted for the trial which shocked me. 

The SYG law is ambiguous, def not clear cut.  They left that line way too blurry and it backfired.  SYG seemed like a better route for GZ but it was all wins for him in the end.  I think everyone was flipping out at the time saying hell no, thats not fair. 

So then now I'm thinking at the time GZ lawyers didn't feel they had the Sanford PD full support because there was such an uproar going on against them.  The hearing judge probably just takes the word of the police and at the time they weren't touching him with a TEN foot poll. 

If the manslaughter instruction includes SYG it becomes even murkier.  This thing is a mess.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

hmmmm...could that be why the defense attorney is saying that gz should have never been charged?

Hell yes.  They lost Sanford PD support for a time.  The whole leadership got gutted and they had bags of skittles all over the place.   They wanted no parts of Georgie and his lawyer.  In the end the same cop who wanted to charge him decided to say he thought he was telling the truth.  Bullsh*t!

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Jul 26 2013 at 12:46pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 12:47pm

hmmmmm...i wonder if the syg hearing vs trial procedures is also outlined in the statutes...lemme go look...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 1:20pm
ok so i wasn't able to find anything in the statutes...odd.  but i found this (from a fl criminal attorneys website) which specifically talks about syg and the hearing associated which if syg is found to be applicable then immunity from trial would be granted...

obviously i am no attorney either...lol 

but from what i can gather from the web site and the fl definition of manslaughter...

the red part {782.02} and blue part {776.12(1)} are applicable to self defense?
and the pink {776.12(2) ==> 776.13(3)} is applicable "specifically" to syg in a public place?

so, it seems even tho syg was not used specifically as a defense (which would have called for the special hearing), 782.02 and 776.12(1) STILL would to be considered in the definition of manslaughter.  which might explain why the jury was instructed as such by the judge.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 782
HOMICIDE

782.07 Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child; aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic.

(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 (see below in blue)  and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, (see below in red) is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

---------------------------------------------

782.02 Justifiable use of deadly force.The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be.

Chapter 776
JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013 (see below).

------------------------------
776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 26 2013 at 1:38pm
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 1:47pm
The water started to become dirty, the same night Angel Trayvon Martin was brutally murdered.  This case will be used, as a teaching tool in many law schools. 

The manslaughter instruction to the jurors for zimmerman's case, is more complex than the one shown ^^.  They did not use a cookie cutter juror instruction.  The complete instruction to the jurors was crafted by the Judge, and was agreed upon by both sides. 

This is just my opinion:  Any Attorney jump at the chance, for an easy way out for a case not to go to trial.  Then, one would think that zimmerman's attorney, would have rolled the dice and went for the hearing.   If the Judge had ruled in zimmerman's favour, it would have been a win for them.  No trial, zimmerman walked, etc.  So therefore somewhere it is not 100% marrying, with SYG and self- defense, JMHO.

Edited by Claudie - Jul 26 2013 at 1:59pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 1:54pm
oh yes.  the bullshat and cover ups mos definately started on that horrible night!  bastids.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 2:15pm
claudie i see exactly what you are saying now.  i looked at the actual jury instructions and the judge actually did site the exact syg law {776.13(3)} in the instructions...hmmmmm....

(page 12)

If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in anyplace where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand hisground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it wasnecessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to preventthe commission of a forcible felony.

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 26 2013 at 2:15pm
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 3:27pm
The fix was in...SMDH...the JUDGE made those damn instructions? Then threw in SYD right in the damn instructions? Heifer! and to say that it's not about race is what irks me too? That damn prosecutor knew they were doing a half azzed job!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic