Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GZ Juror Says He 'Got Away With Murder'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I'm still wondering how they got away with 5 white jurors and 1 hispanic. So many questions...

These were GZ peers not TM. They just threw in a token that they knew they could use as somewhat of a patsy to look racially unbiased while still being safe. She played her role just as they intended.
I didn't understand that logic either. Did they believe white women were incapable of being biased or did they assume that if they were biased, they'd be equally biased against blacks and Hispanics?
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

before I reply with a reasonable response .... did anyone bring up the 8 children yet?? 
IJS

lol yes

BHM  :kobelol:
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:46pm
lmao!@Oo
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I'm still wondering how they got away with 5 white jurors and 1 hispanic. So many questions...

These were GZ peers not TM. They just threw in a token that they knew they could use as somewhat of a patsy to look racially unbiased while still being safe. She played her role just as they intended.
I didn't understand that logic either. Did they believe white women were incapable of being biased or did they assume that if they were biased, they'd be equally biased against blacks and Hispanics?

They knew that a jury of 5 white women and 1 hispanic  woman would give them the verdict they wanted more so that a jury of 5 hispanic men and 1 AA man. White females must be the least bias of all.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:51pm
This makes me more sad than angry.

I'm in no way caping for this woman, but I believe in my heart that she means well and that she's sorry.

She didn't realize how much power her one vote had, and she let the yt's persuade her into voting majority.

Regardless of laws, she could've been the one juror who stood her ground and there would've been a mistrial.

I'm sad she's saying this now, and she didn't use this voice to vote against those devils.

I'm not gonna bash her because I get the technicalities of the law and I think she is sincere, but I don't agree with her decision...right is right, wrong is wrong, legal or not.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:52pm
Also, I don't think she needs to fear ppl in support of TM, she needs to watch out for porky pig and his klan...that's who will make her life a living hell for releasing this statement.

sn: This guy broke it down on 106th and Park last week and made me understand how the law finds murderers not-guilty...

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 5:00pm
I Fux with Mark Lamont..
and I agree with him... lemme watch that vid now
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 5:15pm

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Is the law the same for self-defense? I think what confused me (and maybe a lot of other people) were the terms SYG and self-defense. The media kept talking about the SYG law, but GZ claimed self-defense. I can't understand how a person can initiate a scuffle and then try to claim they acted in self-defense. No one could have argued that?

Also, if the SYG law wasn't in question, then how could the defense include it in the instructions? None of the jurors questioned that?

i don't believe the prosecution presented any solid evidence that gz actually physically initiated the scuffle?  ie struck first?

everything else that led up to the scuffle...following/stalking/verbally confronting (with a loaded weapon) a minor isn't ilegal.  if these things were ilegal, gz would have been arrested and charged with those offenses since he basically admitted to committing these acts.  this is also why those things weren't legally relevent to the verdict.  in fact, the jury could have believed all of that occured and still could render a not guilty verdict.

the prosecution's job was to proove beyond a resonable doubt that either gz struck first or was NOT afraid for his life/great bodily harm when he reached for the gun and pulled the trigger.
I don't necessarily believe that a physical act (e.g., striking) has to initiate a scuffle. How many fights have you seen start when a person walks up to someone and invades their personal space? GZ initiated the confrontation. Why shouldn't he be responsible for what happened after?

verbally questioning/confronting someone sans any verbal threats of harm (assault), isn't against the law.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

I feel bad for her. Like she said, you have to take your heart out of it and make a decision SOLELY on the evidence. The STATE didn't prove their case. That's not the jurors fault. As much as I hate how this went, this is the PROSECUTORS fault. Not theirs.

I agree. Prosecution failed and she had to make an unbiased decision based on facts and the law.

It sucks, but that is our judicial system.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

The judge included it in the instructions.
Even though the defense didnt base their case on SYG Florida has that law so I'm guessing it must be used in all self defense cases even if the defense doesn't base their case on it.

"If you have reasonable fear" I mean that's so vague and I can't believe it was passed

No, that is not how it works.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System