Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Guys I need help, I think I have an enemy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
growlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guys I need help, I think I have an enemy
    Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:34am
Hi Guys

First of all I'm not one to talk about my private life in forums but I need to vent.

Today I went to pick up my kid at school. Parked my car as usual and went to get the kid. When I came out, there was a cop car parked a few metres in front of my car. I was foolish enough to PRETEND to  buckle my kid's seat belt & not to actually do so. They drove off in front of me and I thought I had gotten away with it.

Fast forward I just get bad vibes & decide to stop on a curb & fasten my kid's seatbelt. As I step off the car they make a U turn & before I could blink or fasten the seat belt they were in front of me.

Now I'm an American currently overseas right now so I make it clear I rather be questioned in English. Lucky enough the woman cop spoke English

Conversation goes something like
Cop : Hi
Me: Hi
Cop : Your child should be in a seat belt. Then a very big lecture of how dangerous this is.
Me: I apologize
Cop: So you are renting a house. Who owns the house you rent?
Me: This is information I had not told her and she had not asked for my papers yet. So I try to stay calm & say who the house belongs to. Shocked
Cop: What are you doing here? What does your husband do?
Me I say what we do for a living
Cop : Can I see your papers
Me: Hands cop drivers licence, car papers etc
Cop hands me everything back and goes on a rant about how in this country they care about kids and this is dangerous
Me: Apologize again
Cop: Tomorrow I will come here again when you pick up your kid and see if you have his belt on or not. If not I''ll deal with you.
Now inside I'm agitated and I'm starting to find this whole thing petty and humiliating. But I try to handle it wellAngry
Me: I'm an adult, we had this conversation today. This will not happen again, if you see my car and my child inside after this incident I have learned & trust my child will be buckled up.
Cop: This time I won't ticket you but next time I will.

Then just before she leaves, I realize they had come all the way specifically for me. I ask her, what made you stop me

Her answer: Someone told us you never buckle your kid up so we came here for that.

Now right before she leaves I realize this is not a random stop they had actually come all the way for me. I actually ask her how they came to stop me and she said someone reported me to the cops and said my kid is never buckled up.

Looking back I should have asked her who did that?

First of all I own up to the fact that I should have buckled my kid up but at the time I thought the school is a 2 minute drive from the house, its a small town, very little traffic. And its zoned at 30km. I was not on the highway at peak traffic is my point.

Now in as much as I was wrong, I feel that who ever called the cops on me was being malicious. Maybe its me but when people get into their cars, I''m not checking out their seat belts. Plus a 4 year old's seatbelt  at the back of the caris such a minor detail. I would be hard pressed to notice if it was not buckled up . And if I saw one not being buckled I would not call the cops. I'm not sure who this person is and how they came to find out I dont always buckle my child. If it was out of concern, they would have addressed it with me but to call the cops? Angry 

There are two black families in this town. But the other black girl, her mother is white and is from here so she speaks the language and I dont know how black they consider her here.

Anyways again I was wrong but whoever this person is that called the cops, it makes me uneasy that some one is going out of their way to stalk me. I feel like I have an enemy lurking in the dark as I believe their intentions are bad. My husband and I are thinking to go over to the police station & ask who this person is. Am I being unreasonable? Or do you guys get what I'm saying?

When I think about it, it can only be a parent of one of the kids and whoever did this, I would not feel comfortable with them around my kids lunch and I dont want them around my kid which is inevitable if they are also a parent.

Now if the cop is lying about this whole story, thats also not good. And it bothers me that she said tomorrow I will come back to see. Angry I''m from NY and I''m not used to cops acting like that. Should they not be busy checking real criminals. I can understand her bumping into me and checking me out but for her to go out of her way and hunt me for a seatbelt seems off to me. Angry Granted I will buckle kid up next time.

Please give me advice as to how to handle this?

Sorry I typed in a hurry and with a lot of anger so I hope y'll can understand what I was trying to say

Edited by growlonghair - Feb 13 2014 at 8:21am
Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (35) Thanks(35)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:38am
I'd call the police on you as well. Single car accidents CAN occur and many children have died from them.

I'd rather you be humiliated and feel some kind of way than for your child to not be restrained and an accident occur.

Nothing personal, so I don't believe you have an enemy per se. I just think someone sees your irresponsibility and fears for your child's well being.

::Kanye shrug::

Buckle your kid up.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:41am
And yes I think you're being unreasonable. They didn't plant drugs on you and call the Feds, they called the police to handle a matter they were probably unsure of how to deal with. You may seem unapproachable.

It's done, you didn't get a ticket, move on.

Buckle your kid up.
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:48am
just buckle your child's seatbelt. your problems will be solved.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:48am
Quote I thought the school is a 2 minute drive from the house, its a small town, very little traffic. And its zoned at 30km. I was not on the highway at peak traffic is my point.

Quote Maybe its me but when people get into their cars, I''m not checking out their seat belts. Plus a 4 year old's seatbelt  at the back of the car is such a minor detail. I would be hard pressed to notice if it was not buckled up .

no ones out to get you.  what youre doing is dangerous and rather than confront you someone alerted the police.  the kid needs to be in seatbelt or car seat.  people die within minutes of there home ever day.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (27) Thanks(27)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:55am
I don't get it...

The time you took to PRETEND to buckle your child's seat belt, you could have actually done it.

You're looking at it like somebody out to get you, but maybe it was just someone being concerned about you obviously constantly exhibiting neglectful behavior.

My only advice is to actually buckle your child up then the snitches will have nothing to report and police will have nothing to ticket you for.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:57am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I don't get it...

The time you took to PRETEND to buckle your child's seat belt, you could have actually done it.

You're looking at it like somebody out to get you, but maybe it was just someone being concerned about you obviously constantly exhibiting neglectful behavior.

My only advice is to actually buckle your child up then the snitches will have nothing to report and police will have nothing to ticket you for.

That's what I thought. Why even pretend and not just do it?
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:57am

RATCHET! HOODRAT problems!!!!!!!!

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:02am
You keep saying you were wrong and in the next breath justify your actions? Aint nobody out to get you. You are lucky somebody else gives a fcuk that your child is never buckled.

oh and 60% of accidents happen within 40 miles from home
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:28am
Doesn't matter how close you are driving you should always buckle up your kid!

You faked doing it you might as well have done it anyway

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>