Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Guys always stare but never approach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guys always stare but never approach
    Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 8:37am
Maybe it's just me....

But every time I go out I never get hit on, I get alot of stares.....Stern Smile but I never ever get approached, and i'm not a bad looking female. This past weekend I went out and was so shocked that I did in fact get approached and the guy had the nerve to say...i'm out of his league ShockedConfused....really dude?? So I asked him what did he mean by that, and he couldn't really give me an answer so I skipped the subject. So now i'm starting to think that mofo's think im conceited or something and I hope it's not because i'm lightskin because alot of guys tend to think that lightskin women are stuck up and conceited, which I am so far from.

It's starting to bother me because I feel like maybe I look to mean, should I walk around smiling every got dang where that I go? Am I the only one who feels this way?  My girl gets hits on every single time we go out and idk what they even see in her....maybe I don't look easy enough...and if so that's a good thing lol

Oh well....guess i'll be single forever.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 12:27pm
It's not your skin color.

In my experience when this happens to girls that are reasonably attractive .. it's because they are projecting a vibe that he is just not willing to deal with.

It doesn't mean you seem stuck up or 'too beautiful' that's too easy. I think you don't seem very 'approachable' so they don't approach you.

Every guy has approached a woman just to find out she was like a 'job' to date or a 'hard case' or whatever so maybe they stare ... but then after few seconds they think 'oh heck no, will be too much work'.

Hey, let's face it, beautiful girls that ARE approachable .. get approached every day.

A good way to find out is to think of how many strangers walk up to you and ask for directions or the time of day or whatever. Some folks get stopped all the time by strangers because their look or manner seems like they would be open to a conversation and if they are lost ... this is the kind if person people instinctively gravitate toward. On the other hand, if a person is lost and that person over looks like she would brush them off ... they would not ask her for help and just look around for someone else to ask.

Your gf probably looks approachable (not easy). Approachable means she has a certain calm and confidence that puts people at ease .. so (shrugs) they feel comfortable talking to her.

Not to offend - but you probably don't seem approachable - that's my opinion. You will have to cultivate this trait.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 25 2014 at 11:22am
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 5:18pm
I think many men just do not have the balls to speak to a woman. Women are aggressive on the dating scene, so men have to do little nowadays, that's why they just stare.
missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote missdeeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 7:01pm
You may just come across as intimidating.
Some men are easily intimidated by an a attractive, put together woman, and others like Printer said, look at them as if they're going to be hard work.

A lot of it comes down to body language, and demeanor.
You don't have to go around grinning at everyone, but a small smile to someone who meets your eye and relaxed posture can make a world of difference.

Some of us are just cursed with a "bitchy resting face" too LOL
That can also work against you.
I know I have to go out of my way to appear friendly and non-bitchy to new people.

juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Beauty620 Beauty620 wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Maybe it's just me....
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">But every time I go out I never get hit on, I get alot of stares.....Stern Smile but I never ever get approached, and i'm not a bad looking female. This past weekend I went out and was so shocked that I did in fact get approached and the guy had the nerve to say...i'm out of his league ShockedConfused....really dude?? So I asked him what did he mean by that, and he couldn't really give me an answer so I skipped the subject. So now i'm starting to think that mofo's think im conceited or something and I hope it's not because i'm lightskin because alot of guys tend to think that lightskin women are stuck up and conceited, which I am so far from.
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">It's starting to bother me because I feel like maybe I look to mean, should I walk around smiling every got dang where that I go? Am I the only one who feels this way?   My girl gets hits on every single time we go out and idk what they even see in her....maybe I don't look easy enough...and if so that's a good thing lol
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Oh well....guess i'll be single forever.

Lol maybe they find her to be very attractive and dateable. It's not a competition, there's someone for everyone with an attractive personality to match the looks.
lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:52am
Ia w/ printer. Do u have a carefree, fun attitude in the club w/ your friends, or are u just sitting there looking hard up and worrying about being approached? If I were a man I wouldnt approach the latter even if she were fine.
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:03pm
Being ls, pretty is not the reason your not being approached.....
especially if your not getting approached at all...
like PI said smile more seem approachable...
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

Ia w/ printer. Do u have a carefree, fun attitude in the club w/ your friends, or are u just sitting there looking hard up and worrying about being approached? If I were a man I wouldnt approach the latter even if she were fine.

Yes I like to have fun when I go out. I hate to even go to a club where all they do it sit and stare. 
Maybe it's just me or I look mean....
Don't get me wrong my girl is nice, and maybe she does look a little gullable, I wasn't at all trying to be funny when I said she's not cute too me (my opinion) 

But oh well it is what it is lol
Thx ladies....I respect you all's opinion Wink
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:22pm

To the OP I'm pretty sure there's nothing you’re doing wrong, so don't allow anyone to put that type of negativity in your head. If those guys didn't approach you it simply means the two of you weren’t meant to cross paths in life. God brings certain people into our lives for a reason. You never know, by those guys not approaching you, you could've dodged a bullet and not even know it. Or maybe their already in a relationship. ….Or maybe their intimidated by your aura.

You’ll never really have a definite answer.

I've notice that men approach me a lot more when I'm dressed down, as opposed to when I'm dressed up just coming from the office. When I go grocery shopping, or making a quick run to Target or Walmart I’ll put on a pair of leggings, an active wear tank top, Jordan sneakers, a pair of stud diamond earrings, and sometimes even a baseball cap.  

From my experience men love to see a beautiful woman dressed down in sexy active wear looking like she just came from the gym. Nothing bummy of course, just something cute and sporty. I've been approached several times dressed down by professional men. Some were even wearing suits at the time.  The same thing happens to my mother. It’s something about a woman in sexy active wear that drives men crazy.

To the OP- The next time you go out grocery shopping put on a pair of active wear leggings (not the cheap see-thru ones from Rainbow lol)

a pink tank, and a cute pair of sneakers. Put on a little bit of make- up (preferably powder, and a natural lip gloss) And watch the men flock to you. I know it sounds crazy but trust me it works Wink

Active Wear

Edited by Majesty02 - Apr 08 2014 at 1:24pm
Angel2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 6:32pm
you are not doing anything wrong, when its time the right person will come along.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>