Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun owners, teach us your ways

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:45am
Omni yes, you are right and we have to change this imbalance but while we do that we need yo empower ourseleves. Sad to say she may have hotten 20years but she saved her kids, no?
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:46am
Unfortunately she didn't save her kids. 
They don't have a mother now. 
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:48am
I hope not either, Omni. Guns are serious business and I wouldn't even use it to fire warning shots.

I haven't touched any of my guns since I bought them. I don't talk about them, I don't take them out for show and tell...

I told y'all (obviously) because its relevant and y'all don't know me personally, but I don't play around when it comes to guns...

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Jul 16 2013 at 7:49am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:56am
well damn....come to find out I can own a firearm in my state. 
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:57am
When I purchased my gun, the gun store registered it for me.  I didn't take it home with me the first day, I had to wait until I cleared background and registration, then came back to pick it up.
IF you move you will need to register it in that state yourself.  You can probably google your state + gun registration to see where you need to go.
I would assume the same for obtaining a license to carry and a concealed weapons permit (my next steps).

With or without your own gun, you can go to a shooting range and rent one from them.

**PLEASE NOTE:  If you do purchase a gun and do NOT have a carrying or concealed weapons permit, do NOT have it in your car, unless it is unloaded and in your trunk
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:08am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I hope not either, Omni. Guns are serious business and I wouldn't even use it to fire warning shots.

I haven't touched any of my guns since I bought them. I don't talk about them, I don't take them out for show and tell...

I told y'all (obviously) because its relevant and y'all don't know me personally, but I don't play around when it comes to guns...
Just an FYI GG, you've got to clean your guns periodically even if you don't fire them. They have to be oiled. If not, when you do go to fire, they may not work properly.
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:16am
I'm learning a lot in this thread.

@HD, yes she saved herself and kids, but now she can't even see them daily.  I have an emotionally charged family and fear that if we had a gun here, someone might do something irrational in the heat of an argument.  I see in the news many family and friends are killed accidentally from guns in the home.  Siblings killing each other, toddlers killing parents, etc...  The friendly fire is more worrisome to me than an actual intruder.

To each his own.  I wish safety and responsibility on all the young ladies in this thread.  Like I said, I hope no one is ever in that position
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:40am
I think the problem is we (black people) aren't raised around guns as are most yt's. So we fear them. Midwest (a while ago) posted a thread about this subject. & I posted a video of a little boy, might've been 6-7, loading & shooting a firearm with such poise and respect for his weapon. There are tons of those videos on youtube.

The key is to have respect for your firearm. It is not a toy. It is not made to solve an argument. It is to protect against bodily harm, and in the use of hunting or sport.

I honestly feel if more of us would adopt this type fo attitude (respect>fear) for the weapon, there would be a lot less of these "accidents".

Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:48am
Great thread
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

Those that want to LEGALLY own guns, are you in a southern state?

Chances are, if you are in the right and choose to defend yourself, you will STILL end up doing time.  The laws in the south treat coloreds  differently.

the laws everywhere treat us differently.

the north isn't some haven for black folk. its racist as fck where i live in the north
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>