Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - G.Takei Comments on Westboro Church Founder Death
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

G.Takei Comments on Westboro Church Founder Death

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G.Takei Comments on Westboro Church Founder Death
    Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:21pm

This is why I like George Takei and why he's my friend (on FB lol)

Westboro church founder Fred Phelps dies

(CNN) -- Fred Phelps -- the founding pastor of a Kansas church known for its virulently anti-gay protests at public events, including military funerals -- has died, the church said Thursday.

The 84-year-old died of natural causes at 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, according to church spokesman Steve Drain.

Phelps founded Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, in 1955 and molded it in his fire-and-brimstone image. Many members of the small congregation are related to Phelps through blood or marriage.

In a statement Thursday, the church chided the "world-wide media" for "gleefully anticipating the death."

"God forbid, if every little soul at the Westboro Baptist Church were to die at this instant, or to turn from serving the true and living God, it would not change one thing about the judgments of God that await this deeply corrupted nation and world."

According to Westboro, the church has picketed more than 53,000 events, ranging from Lady Gaga concerts to funerals for slain U.S. soldiers. Typically, a dozen or so church members -- including small children -- will brandish signs that say "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers."

Phelps was often called "the most hated man in America," a label he seemed to relish.

"If I had nobody mad at me," he told the Wichita Eagle in 2006, "what right would I have to claim that I was preaching the Gospel?"

Under Phelps' leadership, Westboro members have preached that every calamity, from natural disasters to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, is God's punishment for the country's acceptance of homosexuality. Phelps had advocated for gays and lesbians to be put to death.

"Fred Phelps will not be missed by the LGBT community, people with HIV/AIDS and the millions of decent people across the world who found what he and his followers do deeply hurtful and offensive," the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force said in a statement.

"While it is hard to find anything good to say about his views or actions, we do give our condolences to his family members at what must be a painful time for them."

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:24pm
i really like George Takei too, but 

those are some of the worst people...his passing was too easy.  he should've suffered.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:24pm
Very kind words Mr.Takei, but whens the protest.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:25pm
"Hate never wins in the end"

So many people miss this
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:27pm
I'm bout to say, don't get too excited, he lived a long life.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:28pm
LOL
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:31pm
*shrug* good riddance

i hope people protest his funeral with signs like: "god loves you despite your hate" "god forgives you" "love & life goes on" etc. 
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:45pm
He created his own god to endorse his own hate. Nothing to see, but a dead hypocrite.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:05pm
I take solace in knowing an old hateful bish has died. Beer 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I take solace in knowing an old hateful bish has died. Beer 

yep.
he and Jesse Helms can not rest in peace wherever they are.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic