Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grows then breaks off??

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
shatara_12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shatara_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grows then breaks off??
    Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:24am
Hello everybody this is my first post..ive been lurking on this site for years but I really need to post on here cuz my hair is in terrible shape!It seems like I'm destined to have short hair forever.Every year my hair goes through this process where its the healthiest during the summer months..and then it falls out during the winter and im left with really short patches throughout my hair.my hair is not even. I got it cut to even it out a little..but its still not even.Yes I get relaxers..I go to the salon..ive been told that my hair is overproccessed..I swear I tried everything..im about to buy some biotin pills cuz idk what else to do,even though im scared its going to make me break out.I would say my hair is lil past my ear right at the tip of my neck..its the longest in the back.i just got a perm about 2 weeks ago, and my hair is falling out like crazy.it usually sheds when i comb but now its shedding when i just scratch my head hair is in my hand.idk what to do.do I need to wash my hair?Should I try to go natural?Please Help Me..I want to have healthy hair that doesnt have to keep going through these changes.
Sponsored Links

GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:09am
You should lay off the relaxers and deep condition like crazy. Also taking vitamins would not be bad. Get some garlic pills to ease the shedding, iron to build strength, and biotin for growth.

Also do you wear weaves or braids often?

And do you give your hair keratin/protein treatments?

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Dec 17 2012 at 11:21am
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:23pm
Yes along with the advice given, I would see a Dermatologist. Your hair falling out in patches during the winter is not normal at all. It seems internal or perhaps you have a scalp fungal condition going on, you need to check that ASAP and then you can proceed. I think that if you continue with the relaxers then you must make sure that your Moisture/protein balance is in check.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:29pm
Yes go natural and stop the chemicals immediately. The dermatologist will more than likely tell you the same thing. You can use MTG or another sulfur product to kill any fungus you think is present. Also applying natural oils to your scalp and hair daily will keep fungus away. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shatara_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:24pm
Thanks so much for your responses. Yes I wear sew in weaves...but I dont think thats affecting my hair growth because I dont wear them often.My hair grows while in the weave but then I take the weave down, get a perm, it looks nice for a for a little while like im progresssing but then six months later its thinner and shedding like crazy.I recently tried Aphogee shampoo I believe thats a protein product..I thought that was a good product but after I washed my hair it seemed thinner..but I wasnt sure if it was because I had just came out of wearing a sew and it was shedding because i hadnt combed my own hair own hair or was it really the shampoo.Im going to take you all advice and get some vitamins its worth a try.and deep condition..I would like to a good dermatologist as well.Whats a good moisturizing conditioner?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by shatara_12 shatara_12 wrote:

Thanks so much for your responses. Yes I wear sew in weaves...but I dont think thats affecting my hair growth because I dont wear them often.My hair grows while in the weave but then I take the weave down, get a perm, it looks nice for a for a little while like im progressing but then six months later its thinner and shedding like crazy.I recently tried Aphogee shampoo I believe thats a protein product..I thought that was a good product but after I washed my hair it seemed thinner..but I wasnt sure if it was because I had just came out of wearing a sew and it was shedding because i hadnt combed my own hair own hair or was it really the shampoo.Im going to take you all advice and get some vitamins its worth a try.and deep condition..I would like to a good dermatologist as well.Whats a good moisturizing conditioner?
Right the Aphogee shampoo will not thin your hair with just one washing. The shampoo is only to cleanse your hair. They have different products not all are protein. The sew ins are contributing to your hair thinning out further. Combine a sew in + relaxer= damage. Because you are applying several stresses to your hair. The chemicals which have broken down your protein bonds which protect your hair strands, the stress of cornrowing your hair, then more stress of sewing weft hair onto your cornrowed hair. All of this combined with the fact that your hair is weak will continue to lead to broken thin hair. Yes sew ins grow your hair but the sew in also make your hair thinner. If you have naturally thick Oprah type hair, then it will not make a huge difference, but if your hair is of normal thickness it will eventually thin it out. I have been wearing and doing sew ins for about 30 years,so I speak from experience....If your hair is breaking and thinning out the best extensions will be a lacefront wig. You need to baby your hair and get it back in good shape, with a wig you can remove it and do your daily haircare and allow oxygen to reach your scalp and wash your hair good every week. Sticking with a good hair routine will have your hair back healthy in 3 months......I recommend Dr. Miracles deep penetrating conditioner packet, shea moisture restorative conditioner, or any moisturizing conditioner. Once you get your hair to retain moisture any conditioner will do. Just sit under a dryer for deeper penetration at least 10 to 20 minutes......If your hair continues to break off you will need to strengthen your hair strands with the aphogee 2 step protein treatment. Do not wait until you lose lots of hair to strengthen your hair strands. They are weak damaged and need reinforcement asap. Blessings to you!!!

Edited by Veemack - Dec 17 2012 at 11:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shatara_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:59am

Thanks,I am going to try one of those conditioners you mentioned..and may get the aphogee 2 step treatment before my hair gets any worse..I also think im going to lay off the perms for a while until my hair is stronger.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:05am
Originally posted by shatara_12 shatara_12 wrote:

Thanks,I am going to try one of those conditioners you mentioned..and may get the aphogee 2 step treatment before my hair gets any worse..I also think im going to lay off the perms for a while until my hair is stronger.
Follow the directions closely if you use the Aphogee 2 step after you finish the treatment be sure to do a moisturizing deep conditioner afterwards. You want to add moisture back into your hair. The Aphogee will deposit small pieces of hydrolyzed keratin onto your hair strands, your hair will immediately feel stronger and a little different but that is normal for good protein treatments. Your breakage should stop by at least 70% you wait 6 weeks, or whatever it says on the bottle, then you can do another treatment and all breakage should stop by the second treatment. This is temporary in order to keep your weakened hair strands strong you will need to continue the treatment per the instructions. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions. Always glad to help. May your hair grow long and healthy!!!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic