Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Growing Up In The Hood(Hood Stories): BHM Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Growing Up In The Hood(Hood Stories): BHM Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 3.55  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

in the 4th grade me and dad pulled up into a gas station and we witnessed a white woman get robbed while screaming hysterically, my dad drove across the street to another gas station instead of helping

DeadLOLwell damn.
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 9:52pm
I grew up in the hood. Entertaining as hell.

I remember I got a beating cuz of this girl named Toni in 3rd grade. We lived in the same apartment complex and we used to walk to school together all the time. Her mama, Ms. Jackie, was a cashier at the gas station. She used to always just cash her checks, keep cash around the house, and go get money orders when it was time to pay bills.

Anyway, one day, we all walking to school and we stopped at the Arab store ( yes, that's what our ignorant asses called although I don't know why, and yes, our ignorant asses pronounced it Aye-rab). All of a sudden, Toni tells us all( like 6 of us) that we can get whatever we want. Everybody kept it simple and got like a bag of chips and a quarter juice. Toni was like, " That's all y'all want? I got money!" Next thing you know, we had the counter covered with Jolly Ranchers, hot sausages, pickle eggs, pig feet, chips, and all that other hood fare. At lunch, Toni was ballin out again. Everybody and they mama was buying the lil extra snacks they used to sell in the cafeteria. Same thing after school at the candy lady house.

This went on for like two or three days. Finally, one day Toni tells us if her mama or big brother asks, tell them she hasn't had any extra money. Sure enough, soon as I get home, my mama and Ms. Jackie are talking in the living room.

TURNED OUT TONI HAD DONE STOLE HER MAMA RENT MONEY FROM OUTTA THE AJAX CAN! They already knew what was up cuz one of the other girls in our complex came home with a bag full of candy and said Toni brought it for her and was buying a bunch of us stuff.

Can you believe my mama tore my ass up cuz she said I shoulda known better cuz it was no way Toni shoulda had that much money. She was right tho , but I never suspected she stole no rent money.

The funniest part was Ms. Jackie was talking bout suing the school for the rent money for letting Toni buy over $100 worth of snacks in just a few days.

Then I fought Toni cuz my mama made me give up my allowance for like a month to make up for everything Toni brought me lol. Then I got my ass beat for that too lol.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 9:57pm
^^^^
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 10:57pm
LOLLOLLOL@ some of the stories. Especially bunz.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 11:10pm
I can't wait to read this thread lol

When I was younger every other Saturday when we didnt have choir rehersal we would go to the projects and have what my parents called a "reach out, cook out." We had to stand in front of our peers and sing "you need to get up offa that cocaine and get up offa that crack, get yourself together and win your mind back...can't you see for yourself what drugs are doing." We brought a drum set abd everything.

It was awful! We would hand out turkey burgers, chips, baked beans and sweet tea. What was so hood about it is that my mom said cheese was too expensive so the kids put cheetos on their dry ass turkey burgers.

We could never do this today because not only did they have to wait to eat after we told them to get off drugs but my dad would preachfor thirty damn minutes. I used to want to diiiiiie!

Edited by herwoman - Oct 15 2013 at 11:12pm
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 11:19pm
When I was 10 my mother found out her boyfriend was cheating on her. She busted all his car windows out, later that day our neighbors rang the doorbell and said my mothers man was outside with a gun. We stayed in the house scared all night, but they still made up after all that.

Edited by jmarie - Oct 15 2013 at 11:20pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 11:19pm
As a child in my hood there wasn't much need for a store, everyone sold stuff. There was the Candy House, Liquor House, Beauty Supply House, Dope House, the laundry matt was even called the Wash House.
In the "Alley" we bought clothes, many sold out of their trunks, sounds odd but if was fun. 

Edited by Katrenia - Oct 15 2013 at 11:22pm
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 11:37pm
I didn't live in the hood but all of my family did so we frequented it a lot. In college, I wrote an essay on how we used to sit on my aunt's raggedy porch playing "that's my car." My professor loved it.

I've said this before but I remember with a dollar we would get a quarter water, bag of chips, nomalaters(now and layers) and a bag of chips from the corner store.

I watched two women(one in a bathrobe and shower cap) fight in the middle of the street
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I remember when I used to go to my granny's house on the weekends she would send us to the store for wine candy and to buy her some cigarettes......We were like all under 12 but it was cool cause she would write the clerk a note......LOL

All of this, my aunt didn't even have to write a note. She literally lived right across the street from the store and we would just say that we were getting it for her.

Ever year when certain pop Warner teams play(ed)each other, there will/would be shots fired and families fighting.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 12:46am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

We had to stand in front of our peers and sing "you need to get up offa that cocaine and get up offa that crack, get yourself together and win your mind back...can't you see for yourself what drugs are doing." We brought a drum set abd everything.

LMFAOOOOO CryCryLOL... MAN, I laughed so hard, I'm crying. I had to go blow my nose picturing yall doing this.

This was a good first post to read. I need to read the rest LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>