Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedGrowing out Texturizer (Advice Plz!)

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
shara1924 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing out Texturizer (Advice Plz!)
    Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 10:53pm
Alright I textlaxed my hair about 6 months ago. I didn't like the results at all. Now I have this straight, poofy texture with hardly any curl or wave pattern. I miss my natural hair!! Can't cry over spilled milk righ? Now I just want to know what I can expect since I have decided never to put chemicals in again. Is the process similar to transistioning from relaxers? Do you guys think I will have breakage from having two different textures? I really don't want to Big Chop again. Any tips on getting the textured part to look more natural? I find curl activator only makes it "swell" more with no curls to be found. Is big chopping again the easy answer? God I hope not...ANy tips or advice would help. Thanks
Sponsored Links

AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 1:57am
You can transition with braid outs
shara1924 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 10:18am
Thanks, but my braid outs look like a frizzy mess by the end of the day. I think that tex (Revlon Realistic) realy messed up my hair. Any other suggestions or products to get some curl back in my life
Emily Loretta View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 3:29pm
texturizer are very similar to relaxers, both use chemicals that's bad for the health of your hair, I'm sorry hun, but you'll either have to transition or just BC, but no there's no way your hair can regain it's curl pattern because the texurizer has damaged the protein bonds of your hair
southernladybug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 8:57pm
@ shara1924 
Its seems like we are in the same boat, so maybe we can both get advice. I have been natural for 25 years (I am 25 YO) I brought the just for me softerner texture after a friend said it wasnt a perm. My hair did come out and right now its either shedding or breaking off. Lets just say I havent been myself. I cried and still feeling guilty about my hair. Now I have been told that I will have to grow it out or cut it. My hair is near arm-pit(or was). Also I heard that egg and apple cider vinegar works or Selsun blue (told by a beautician). So Shara I need help to. I am so miserable. My hair grows pretty quick and to speed up the process I use Wild Growth Hair Oil (literally works) and 335 perm-gro hormones & placenta (which supposely has sheep plasma in it). These products worked for me before this tradegy took place. Somebody please help me and Shara. Thanks
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic