BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Nape (relaxed hair)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing Nape (relaxed hair)
    Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 10:37am
Hi ladies,

I need help with my nape! Some of you may remember me as the girl who couldn't grow out her temples. I'm happy to say that my temples are growing back. There are still bald spots but if I showed you the pictures you'd be amazed. 3 years ago, my temples looked almost completely bald.

Now, I have a new goal. All my life, my nape has been the same 1" length. I have beautiful thick hair. I feel like I could be one of those black women who can have a relaxer without having lifeless looking hair. I want a full, long thick head of hair and I can only imagine how much fuller it would look if my nape grew the same length as the other hairs.

Any advice? Its not the same problem as my temples. My temples were BALD. The nape just is not retaining length. Help! Some insight is needed.
Sponsored Links

prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 11:56am

If you wear wigs try to use a wig cap that doesn't have tight elastic. Also moisturize the nape every night before bed. While sleeping we toss, turn and our satin scarves rub against our nape...

You could also try a sew in for a few months to grow your nape past an inch. 
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 12:01pm
I know some women will cornrow their nape so it can be left alone (past moisturizing/sealing)
slimjuicy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 9:10pm
I feel ya girl. My nape has grown to be drastically shorter than the rest of my hair. I've been putting castor oil on my scalp and it has help it a lot. I had to start wearing a doo rag to tie my hair up at night. If I try to with a regular scarf without drawstrings, it will rise through out the night and in the morning I see that I have been sleeping on my edges and nape unprotected, which probably aid to why those areas of my hair is shorter than the rest. 
KimmyGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimmyGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 12:32am
Hey girl....So i personally haven't had a big problem with my nape but I am in the same sad rickety boat about the temples. Lucky for me I found a product that worked miracles for me. In two weeks the the bald spot I had was already almost all filled in. When I saw it working so well higher on my scalp I started using on the edges all around my head and I noticed my nape was growing a lot stronger and faster it has almost caught up to the length of the rest of my hair. I have some pics of my hair growth on my blog. Check those pics out and if ur impressed I'll give you the long explanation of what worked for my delicate hairs around the edges in just 4 weeks maybe 5.

http://littleblackbook-4-hair.blogspot.com
Phattygyrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phattygyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

I know some women will cornrow their nape so it can be left alone (past moisturizing/sealing)

This is exactlly what I did to grow out my nape. I would cornrow about 2 rows growing across, and spray my nape with MT and scurl. I'd leave the braids in a couple of weeks, then take it down condition it really good and put it back up. I did this for a few months and it grew a lot.
Clubfoxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clubfoxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Hi ladies,
I need help with my nape! Some of you may remember me as the girl who couldn't grow out her temples. I'm happy to say that my temples are growing back. There are still bald spots but if I showed you the pictures you'd be amazed. 3 years ago, my temples looked almost completely bald.
Now, I have a new goal. All my life, my nape has been the same 1" length. I have beautiful thick hair. I feel like I could be one of those black women who can have a relaxer without having lifeless looking hair. I want a full, long thick head of hair and I can only imagine how much fuller it would look if my nape grew the same length as the other hairs.
Any advice? Its not the same problem as my temples. My temples were BALD. The nape just is not retaining length. Help! Some insight is needed.

So what did you do for your temples? I am going through the same thing. :-((((
Your Cheeziness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Your Cheeziness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 1:40pm
Here's how I grew my nape out when I was relaxed. I documented everything with pics. http://www.hair2toebeauty.com/2010/03/how-to-grow-your-nape.html

I went from

to this
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists