Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gro protect under u-part?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ibarbieo07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibarbieo07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gro protect under u-part?
    Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 3:30pm
I have a dilemma. I am in paris until may and for some odd reason my hair has grown quite a bit since installing about a month and a half ago. I just bought some new hair and I plan on installing it on a u-part wig as soon as i receive it. the problem is I dont know how to cornrow. at all. and neither does anyone I know. I also am a little hesitant to find someone here to braid my hair for me. I did a little research and the idea i came up with was
1.conditioning and molding down my natural, shoulder length hair.
2. using grow protect to keep it molded down.
3. applying a wig cap on top of the gro protect, and then the upart. I plan on leaving my entire perimeter out of the mold and gro protect to blend in with the hair.

does this sound okay, and healthy enough? Ive never molded my hair, but the prospect of being able to keep my hair flat under the upart, and still being able to wash and condition more frequently has me leaning towards this. let me know what you think! i need help Cry thanks ladies
Sponsored Links

SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 4:57pm
I've never heard of that, but I have seen people twist their natural hair and reinforce it with thread. This process doesn't last that long so you would have to redo it probably weekly or every two weeks, but it seems to work for them. Can you twist?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:50pm
What is your hair type? It might work..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibarbieo07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 5:56pm
yeah i wouldnt mind it not lasting long. I enjoy taking care of my hair underneath so i thought it might be a good way to do that instead of going 2+ months without like a traditional sew in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibarbieo07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

i really dont know! 
based off this image though i would say 4a or 4b. would it work with that?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by ibarbieo07 ibarbieo07 wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

i really dont know! 
based off this image though i would say 4a or 4b. would it work with that?

Im a mix of 4a and b.  I mold my natural hair sometimes when I wear my drawstring afro puff.  It stays molded for about 1 week maybe a few days longer.  After that the middle starts to poof.  Give it a try or try twists.  I did small twists on my hair for a wig before I taught my self to cornrow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibarbieo07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:22pm
okay, that makes me feel better. im installing a 16 inch lace frontal behind the hairline, with 18,20, and 22 inch wefts. this is the texture. same hair, just brand new. sorry if the pics are big
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply