BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

gro protect by morning glory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

Author
Hypehair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hypehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gro protect by morning glory
    Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 9:03pm

hey ladies, has anyone ever tried gro protect by morning glory to do a quickweave?? take a look. i have it in my hair now. do you think it will cause matting? if so, after how long?

Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 9:43pm
lol i thought you were talking about the member on bhm ...i was like mg makes hair products?!LOL

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 03 2009 at 11:47pm
MissLDB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 11:27pm

I would PM contaigous hair...I know she uses it as part of her glue free quick weaves...she may be able to help you...

Hypehair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hypehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 11:04am
Thanks MissLDB. I will.
SMOVLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOVLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 4:16pm

I'm interested as well, on how well this stuff works.  Contagious Hair sells or manufatures the product so I don't think that her opinion is unbiased.

Originally posted by MissLDB MissLDB wrote:

I would PM contaigous hair...I know she uses it as part of her glue free quick weaves...she may be able to help you...

contagioushair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote contagioushair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 5:01pm
^^^ LOL

Originally posted by Hypehair Hypehair wrote:

hey ladies, has anyone ever tried gro protect by morning glory to do a quickweave?? take a look. i have it in my hair now. do you think it will cause matting? if so, after how long?

The only way matting can occur is if you leave your weave in for several weeks.  Also make sure when you are ready to remove, just rinse it out. Don't shampoo!  Just warm water and low manipulation until the product dissolves and your weave slides off.  Then you can proceed to poo.

How long do you plan on keeping your quickweave in?  I don't advise anyone to wear a quickweave past 2 weeks for hygiene purposes of course but using this product with your quickweaves, it can last about 4 weeks.  Even then, matting wouldn't be an issue.

HTHWink

Edited by contagioushair - Jan 04 2009 at 5:03pm
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 6:24pm
I would never want to use this because you can't mositurize your hair at all and I wouldn't want that junk penetrating the cuticle. I vote no. 
Hypehair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hypehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 10:27pm
Well, I am planning on keeping in 3 weeks. My sister in law uses it,   but I never see her real hair in between weaves. She swears by this stuff. She says her hair has really thickened up and grown over the past five or so months of using it. I will keep you all posted. I take mine out on the 11th, so just check back for updates on how it rinsed out.

I don't think it will penetrate the cuticle because it solidfies. And as far as moisturising, I deep conditioned before i put it in, and with no manipulation my hair should be fine, right?
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 10:47pm
I think you should moisturize your hair at LEAST every 3 days and wash your hair either each week or everything other week.

I understand style is important but don't sacrifice the health of your hair for a style that is going to last three weeks.
contagioushair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote contagioushair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Hypehair Hypehair wrote:

Well, I am planning on keeping in 3 weeks. My sister in law uses it,   but I never see her real hair in between weaves. She swears by this stuff. She says her hair has really thickened up and grown over the past five or so months of using it. I will keep you all posted. I take mine out on the 11th, so just check back for updates on how it rinsed out.

I don't think it will penetrate the cuticle because it solidfies. And as far as moisturising, I deep conditioned before i put it in, and with no manipulation my hair should be fine, right?

3 weeks is fine!  I have a client that comes every 4 weeks and her hair is thriving.

What exactly do you mean by "with no manipulation"?  

Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

I think you should moisturize your hair at LEAST every 3 days and wash your hair either each week or everything other week.

I understand style is important but don't sacrifice the health of your hair for a style that is going to last three weeks.

LOLI don't think you realize exactly what a quickweave is.  With this style, your entire hair is molded in some form, either wrapped, straight back, or braided depending on length.  Wefts are then glued/bonded to the mold directly using bonding glue.

You cannot maintain your hair underneath because for one, it is molded and for two, any moisturizers, oils, shampoo, ect. will loosen the wefts and or remove them completely. This is a temporary style and it only suppose to last 2-3 weeks. 

The main issue that we have with this technique is it can be very unhealthy if installed back to back.  Clients would experience hair loss and breakage when removing the bonding glue.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic