BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Gro Protect and Lace Wig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
JerBearJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerBearJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 11:27pm
Hi Ladies, Im pretty new and havent posted before but I actualy have been playing around with gro protect and was going to make a thread about it but I couldnt post Cry I got the idea from a lady on youtube, lacewigmaster. How I use it is I leave a little hair out in the fron and back very little, then I put the gro protect on let it dry a bit then put my full lace on. At first I had some trouble with the edges not staying down but recently I started to use an elastic band, like the one you use for tooties method, and wrap it around the perimeter of my head on the edges. I sit under a dryer for maybe 30 minutes and when I unwrap it the edges are VERY secure and down flat!!! On the youtube video she put makeup on top of the gro protect to get a good part. I do this too and it works pretty well. It all washes out with water which I love!!! Anyway thats my experience hope the post wasnt too longEmbarrassed
Sponsored Links

pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 6:24am
^^^yes i make elastic bandages to use with my wigs as well the pressure from the bandage makes the wig very secureWink
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 7:15am
Would this discolor a silk top? 
solicitfashion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solicitfashion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 10:24am
I can see how this would work.  Whenever I used gro protect on my hair then bandage wrap, the bandage is stuck to my hair like its glued on. Im scared to use it by itself because I plan to start working out and I oil cleanse so when Im steaming I dont want my wig to fall off.

Edited by solicitfashion - Mar 14 2011 at 10:26am
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 10:47am
Originally posted by JerBearJones JerBearJones wrote:

Hi Ladies, Im pretty new and havent posted before but I actualy have been playing around with gro protect and was going to make a thread about it but I couldnt post Cry I got the idea from a lady on youtube, lacewigmaster. How I use it is I leave a little hair out in the fron and back very little, then I put the gro protect on let it dry a bit then put my full lace on. At first I had some trouble with the edges not staying down but recently I started to use an elastic band, like the one you use for tooties method, and wrap it around the perimeter of my head on the edges. I sit under a dryer for maybe 30 minutes and when I unwrap it the edges are VERY secure and down flat!!! On the youtube video she put makeup on top of the gro protect to get a good part. I do this too and it works pretty well. It all washes out with water which I love!!! Anyway thats my experience hope the post wasnt too longEmbarrassed

now you got this image in my head and I'm gonna have to try this , cause I can not help myself .. How do you make your elastic band?   do you fit the elastic to your whole perimeter size and then sew it?  
ChicFrenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 11:45am
hmm, I need to come back when I'll be less busy and take some notes...interestingGeek
JerBearJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerBearJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 12:04pm
  No I just take a long piece of elastic and wrap it around the perimeter of  my head, pin it in place with bobby pins and tuck it under itself. Then I sit under tha dryer for about 30 min and when I get out I take the elastic off and the edges are stuck like glue I cant get it to move for the life of me.

I work out and take hot showers and I feel it loosen but I just let it air dry and the bond gets tighter. You really have to put your head under some water to release the bond.
TheSecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Would this discolor a silk top? 
No, it is water soluble and comes right out.
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by beanybabygirl beanybabygirl wrote:

^^ I agree with it sticking like crazy glue!! I've gotten mine wet before and once it dried it felt tighter than before.   If it's not rinsed completely out it will re-stick.
Yeah and the member that posted that thread with her experience also said she didnt see any grids. I think another member chimed in and agreed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic