FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Green smoothies/juicing how to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:23pm
Jolie, if you plan on doing a full smoothie diet, I would recommend that, at least in the beginning, you make smoothies that make you actually say "mmmm pretty good!" You can do this by only adding 1 veggie (the green of your choice, I always do Kale or spinach) and then some fruits.

Its will be sweet and you don't need to add any kind of milk or sugar. Just water. The thing I've found that makes them good is that you have to have some sort of "creamy" type fruit. So either banana or mango, peach etc. Banana is cheaper lol...and then toss in your apples and whatever else you want Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:47pm
ugh, girl, I have recipes for DAYS. What I'll do is take notes as to what I'm making when I do and I'll pm you. I make them on the spot and if I like them, I make more if I like it.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:53pm
Think about the tastes and textures you like and start with that. Try to keep it simple at first so you can figure out what tastes good (Ex: carrot, orange, and kale). Green smoothies with a whole bunch of greens don't actually taste good at first and you won't stick with it. Plus, they generally don't have enough calories to keep you full so then you end up reaching for other stuff.

I'm not much of a milk based smoothie person...but if you do use milk, definitely include ice and it seems like banana goes best as a sweet fruit (also orange, kinda like those popsicles).

carrot-great for making your smoothie sweet without adding sugar (you shouldn't be adding any sugar or honey or agave or anything like that)
avocado-perfect for adding calories from good fats and you can't actually taste it in the smoothie
celery juice-adds salt...drinking it straight will put you in the bathroom

I tend to use frozen fruit/vegetables because otherwise stuff will go bad on me. Either way, make sure to get good quality stuff.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Coco, does using non organic vegetables cancel out the health effects of the juicing? They're just too dam expensive where I live

I think I've seen a recipe or two with Spirulina in the Nutriblast booklet. I notice they are also big on flax seeds and turmeric...

No non organic veggies don't cancel out the effects.
For me though since I want to cleanse/detox I feel like its kinda pointless to put things with chemicals in my body while trying to clean myself out and get rid of toxins..

Although, 3 days isn't enough to get all that out anyways.

I just rather use organic things with everything though. If you notice they typically have gorg skin..
It is expensive though.. If you have a raleys it's pretty affordable there or farmers markets

ITD can you pm me too?
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Jolie, if you plan on doing a full smoothie diet, I would recommend that, at least in the beginning, you make smoothies that make you actually say "mmmm pretty good!" You can do this by only adding 1 veggie (the green of your choice, I always do Kale or spinach) and then some fruits.

Its will be sweet and you don't need to add any kind of milk or sugar. Just water. The thing I've found that makes them good is that you have to have some sort of "creamy" type fruit. So either banana or mango, peach etc. Banana is cheaper lol...and then toss in your apples and whatever else you want Thumbs Up

Sounds good. I will try that. I'm used to smoothies with fruit, almond milk and sugar, but it's extra calories I don't need, so I will try with just water. I will have to incorporate some veggie smoothies though, because the whole point of this is to reap the health benefits of this method

@I'mThatDiva: Yes! Do PM me with your recipes! I would really like that!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Think about the tastes and textures you like and start with that. Try to keep it simple at first so you can figure out what tastes good (Ex: carrot, orange, and kale). Green smoothies with a whole bunch of greens don't actually taste good at first and you won't stick with it. Plus, they generally don't have enough calories to keep you full so then you end up reaching for other stuff.

I'm not much of a milk based smoothie person...but if you do use milk, definitely include ice and it seems like banana goes best as a sweet fruit (also orange, kinda like those popsicles).

carrot-great for making your smoothie sweet without adding sugar (you shouldn't be adding any sugar or honey or agave or anything like that)
avocado-perfect for adding calories from good fats and you can't actually taste it in the smoothie
celery juice-adds salt...drinking it straight will put you in the bathroom

I tend to use frozen fruit/vegetables because otherwise stuff will go bad on me. Either way, make sure to get good quality stuff.

Well the good news is I have all these things in my fridge (I went a little crazy and bought too many vegetables at one time, lol. Hope I don't lose some to decay)
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:09pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:58pm

[/QUOTE]

thanks, will try
not excited abt mustard greens tho lol
[/QUOTE]

I have another one that might taste a little better (again, haven't tried it)

Glow Profile
- 50% Swiss Chard
-1/2 cup pineapple
-1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 tbs goji berries
-12 cashews
-Water

Let me know if you like any of them
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection