Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedGreat weave stylist in NY???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
zalonia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great weave stylist in NY???
    Posted: Aug 08 2010 at 1:40pm
Hi I am looking for a new stylist in New york...I would like to get some suggestions other than Mzkokony, or Poochie. Those are the two I hear about the most in NY

I found a stylist on Craigslist named Cheryl in Brooklyn...any one try her??

Thanks in advance...also someone who doesnt charge a fortune!!!
Sponsored Links

zalonia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2010 at 4:56pm
bump...no one??
IsItReal03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 7:37am

I went to Cheryl http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bts/1881766099.html 2 weeks ago, out of 10 I will give her a 5.  Her install is decent but not great, when she started to sew-in the hair, it felt tight, I told her it was tight, she responded "you said you want your install to last 3 month (first side-eye), I was responded, Yes, but I do not want to lose hair in the process.  Ok, I have indique pure curly, which I reused for this install, so when she finished it was semi curly. She behaved like she was clueless what to do with the hair (second, side-eye).  Usually, I will get loose curls. I asked her to curl it like that, she said she didn't know how to do that (third, side-eye), she had a lot of hair products but acted like she didn't want to use them on my hair (fourth, side-eye).  So I asked her to flat iron my hair, she did without any heat protectant (yep, another side-eye), don't think she had any, if so she didn't want to use her personal stash.  I asked her to gel my edges, she said you want jam (yup, another side-eye)  I said no,  she used fantasia gel instead,  reluctantly imo. Also, she was hestitant to flat iron, I believe she wanted to wet it to drip dry (yes, another side-eye).  She stated, "a lot of virgin indian hair does not live up to the hype, and it will dry out if I flat iron it", this is when I gave her another side-eye and felt she is subpar.  Ok, she flat irons it and when I say flat iron I mean no bend on the end at all, think just straight.  So, it's been 2 weeks my scalp is just starting to feeling normal, I have never had a sore scalp before, but then again I guesst his is what $110 gets you.  I will not be rescheduling.

Once again, this was my experience yours may be different.  When I get an install I look for the whole experience, the atomosphere, if a stylist is personable and knowledge (she failed totally on this), and finally her installation (it's not bad, just not great). 
zalonia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 12:50pm
Thank you so much for that review of her, I was skeptical but her pictures on craigslist looked great. i just cannot find someone who wows me! the person i normally go to has gotten sloppy, imo, and i do not have money to waste. last time i went to her i felt like she did a rush job just to get the money! i texted her a week later to tell her that tracks were visible when the wind blew and she never called me back. i think that install lasted maybe 3 weeks. people praise her but every time i got to her something is wrong and i need to go back to have it fixed! can u recommend anyone?
IsItReal03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 3:05pm
No I cannot recommend anyone, I also went to someone that is praised here, one of my tracks fell out, I mean literally, it felt loose and when I felt it came out in my hand, I am so happy it happened on the weekend.  Then I discovered she had attached rubberbands on the track, I am still clueless as to why she did this and also my the install was super loose.  As far as the rubberbands she said my hair wasn't long enough so she had to attach, I have no idea what the hell she was talking about. 
bklyngurl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 4:27pm
yeah don't go to cheryl aka flawless hair extensions blah blah. lol

she is unprofessional and doesn't care about your hair health.

she said the SAME thing to me when i told her she was braiding too tight. mine was so tight i started seeing red bumps behind my leaveout and took the install after 3 days. she had sewed so tight and close together that i had to cut up my bobraz tracks to get it out so i couldnt reuse it!

i did call her to see if she could redo some of the braids because my head was still hurting two days later she said she was very busy blah blah. not helpful or accomodating at all.

add on to that, that she had me threading the needles for her and she kept screaming and cussing at the web designer on the phone about her website that was unfinished. \

just boo. what a waste of 100 bucks.

zalonia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 4:47pm
wow...i am so glad i decided to ask on here first! i would have been so upset if my money had been wasted! please ladies ...any one else have anyone??
lattabody View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 5:19pm
what about lady leo in brooklyn. she has a website and stuff, but i have never gone to her. traveling from bx to bk is too much work
tmarie1908 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by zalonia zalonia wrote:

Thank you so much for that review of her, I was skeptical but her pictures on craigslist looked great. i just cannot find someone who wows me! the person i normally go to has gotten sloppy, imo, and i do not have money to waste. last time i went to her i felt like she did a rush job just to get the money! i texted her a week later to tell her that tracks were visible when the wind blew and she never called me back. i think that install lasted maybe 3 weeks. people praise her but every time i got to her something is wrong and i need to go back to have it fixed! can u recommend anyone?

We're in the same boat Unhappy

I've been searching for awhile and these 3 have stood out:

Lacy - INTRICATESTYLES@GMAIL.COM (email) her and ask about pricing. I think she's located in NJ though.
www.INTRICATESTYLES.COM

Barbara Lagazele 646-249-4540 weaves. - she's located in Harlem - has been in countless magazines. http://www.myspace.com/barbaralagazzele

Danielle Williams- Daniellewilliamsny.com 718-909-6898 Danielle@Daniellewilliamsny.com   <-- not sure about her prices. You may want to email her.
Cynt87 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2010 at 5:53pm
Well good thing i read this post .. i called her today to inquire and she just seems unfriendly... not someone i would want in my head....
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic