Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Grammys 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 8:40am
They didn't match.

I guess that's how it is when your wife is 25 years younger than you.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 28 2014 at 9:25am
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:38am
oh, and I don't want to see the 25 year olds performing shirtless either but some like that. lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:50am
did anyone see India Arie's open letter about the Grammys?

<<The 2014 Grammy’s:
 Open Letter from @IndiaArie
 @Kendricklamar WAS robbed, BUT he was not the only one who was robbed. Personally, I was pleased he was able to ...perform and they KILLED! IT! One of the FEW moving moments of the night for ME. Though it’s called “Music industries biggest night” the ‪#‎Grammys‬ are NOT about the music, it’s a popularity contest. The voting process allows people, to vote on name recognition alone - the music industry politics is a whole NUTHER conversation. Too much to go into here.

The American Music Awards is a show that awards sales and popularity - the #Grammys are SAID to be about the music. If the hip hop community voted on hip hop - r&b COMMUNITY the same - same for each category - we’d see winners that reflect the MUSIC ITSELF. We all know that’s just not the way it goes. NOW the BIGGER losers, are ALL of black music. Where was the black music community represented in last nights ‪#‎Grammy‬ show? Performers and Winners (or not) … Where were the black artists? And this isn’t the first time the #Grammy’s has had a show all but excluding young black America and black artists in general, although we set the worlds musical trends.

Why NOT televise the lifetime achievement awards of the Isley Brothers? SURELY they deserved to be on televised stage LAST NIGHT! While other artists were on stage TWICE? The truth is in a perfect world diversity would matter, and respect would be rampant, but the TRUTH is, The #Grammys is a television show, and in THAT world ratings reign supreme. So, in general, bigger names take the stage, and sadly the biggest names often times ARE BIGGER drawn along racial lines from the release of an album. i.e. marketing dollars, and just general support. It’s unfortunate. I don’t even get surprised any more, but, it still hits my sense of fairness, because I KNOW many of the artists who are overlooked. I LIVE in that world.

We keep showing up and subjecting ourselves to the game, hoping MAYBE we’ll win. I was so HAPPY to see @Kendricklamar take that stage - because it is a FORM of winning, at LEAST, he was SEEN. Speaking of diversity, congratulations to my PERSONAL favorite albums of the year - @I_GregoryPorter ‪#‎LiquidSpirit‬ @Realsnarkypuppy and @lalahhathaway on your win and THANK YOU! @pharrell for acting RIGHT in the presence of the greatness that is @Nilerodgers and ‪#‎StevieWonder‬ Love to all ‪#‎SoulBirdsWorldWide‬ @IndiaArie

P.S. No mention of Nelson Mandela at ALL? … and THIS is why we NEED the Image Awards AND the BET awards.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 28 2014 at 9:53am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:52am
of course, I wouldn't be shocked if Mackl won the NAACP and/or BET   award too.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 10:12am

Fantasia Sings 'Stormy Weather' at Clive Davis 2014 Pre-Grammy Party

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 11:12am
did yall think Katy Perry's performance was demonic? I didn't notice, but on the View they said that  people walked out during her performance because of that.
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 11:21am
i saw the katy perry performance on youtube and it did indeed look like a satanic ritual. iirc, she said she sold her soul to the devil for fame and fortune after her contemporary music career didn't pan out.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 11:27am
^^dang, how'd that happen?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

i saw the katy perry performance on youtube and it did indeed look like a satanic ritual. iirc, she said she sold her soul to the devil for fame and fortune after her contemporary music career didn't pan out.
'

she claims it was a tribute to the movie The Craft.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

did yall think Katy Perry's performance was demonic? I didn't notice, but on the View they said that  people walked out during her performance because of that.

I turned away from that garbage after Jay Z and Bey..but my pastor bought her performance up in church....about it being demonic 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic