Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Government Shutdown - Day 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 11:22am
Exactly jonesy which is why they are trying to downplay the impact out of one side of their mouths, rename it a "slimdown" while simultaneously blaming the president.   Those in the gerrymandered districts but the rest of their party will pay.  Especially if it gets people out in the mid-terms.  The dems need to pounce on that sh*t like a cat. 
Sponsored Links

Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 12:01pm
What do I need to do? I'm in Maryland so there is avote coming up? I need to vote in all Democrats? When is the election?

I just had my baby and I am breastfeeding exclusively and I called WIC because I am struggling with latching Ans pain and they help. I was told the lady was in a meeting and would call me when finished she never did :( so I went to a support group in my area but wic is very supportive of breastfeeding and pretty much help you same day. Makes me sad they will be shutting down.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 12:28pm
Yes Gem make sure you vote every TWO years, not just in the presidential elections.

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  I forgot about all the support they give nursing mothers.  It has been such a long time. 

The only thing I can say is maybe make a thread.  There are so many women here that I know we have some breastfeeding experts and even some experiencing the same issue.   Try to relax and maybe get something to naturally soothe your nips. Hug

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Oct 03 2013 at 12:28pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 3:48pm
OK I am going to find out where to vote cause I'm voting. This is ridiculous. I heard the lactation consultant at my group saying wic only had a week of funding left.

I got prescribed some ointment that is a compound mix so I am waiting on the supplies to arrive so they can make it for me and can't wait. In mean time I am doing a football hold to feed and holding my breasts at 3&9 on a clock and so far so good. I will keep going to groups on Tues and Thursday until I am confident I have it down and just for support cause I wanted to give up. I will make a thread downstairs thanks.

ETA- change postion of where I am holing breast
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Yes Gem make sure you vote every TWO years, not just in the presidential elections.

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  I forgot about all the support they give nursing mothers.  It has been such a long time. 

The only thing I can say is maybe make a thread.  There are so many women here that I know we have some breastfeeding experts and even some experiencing the same issue.   Try to relax and maybe get something to naturally soothe your nips. Hug

Edited by Geminigirl - Oct 03 2013 at 5:39pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 3:54pm
Please don't give up Gem.  You are giving your baby years of immunization.   I'm so happy I did it because my kids got sick way less often than other kids.  I promise that once your body adjusts you will be glad you pushed through.  It really is only painful at first.  Your body was built for this.   Its just new and it has to go through this little small rough patch.  
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Please don't give up Gem.  You are giving your baby years of immunization.   I'm so happy I did it because my kids got sick way less often than other kids.  I promise that once your body adjusts you will be glad you pushed through.  It really is only painful at first.  Your body was built for this.   Its just new and it has to go through this little small rough patch.  

I have no plans to give up now. I stuck through it this long I know it gets better. Thanks for the support cause it gets hard. My BF is like why are you doing it if it hurts so bad, and i feel like no one understands sometimes but I know it gets better and my baby is worth it to me. Hug thanks again.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 10:42am
Originally posted by NBC breaking news NBC breaking news wrote:

]House unanimously passes bill to pay federal workers who are furloughed during government shutdown

October 5, 2013, AT 10:34 am

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 12:35pm
What, that is good news.....I need my money so I'm awaiting my check...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by NBC breaking news NBC breaking news wrote:

]House unanimously passes bill to pay federal workers who are furloughed during government shutdown

October 5, 2013, AT 10:34 am

Good for the workers. Will they be doing the same for aid?

They didn't want to risk anymore mentally unstable people reaching their rock bottom at the Capitol I suppose.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 3:05pm
[QUOTE=sunshine321511] What, that is good news.....I need my money so I'm awaiting my check...[/QUOTE]
Me too, this is crazy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>