Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Government Shutdown - Day 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Government Shutdown - Day 1

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 25 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 45107
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 6:30am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I purshase 25 cans of milk yesterday to pass out . Babies are out of the formula they get on the first . I saw a lady in krogers begging the manager for a few cans until her wic office open . My money is tight , but i could not stand in line and see her cry like that . I gave the manager money to purchase for her on the spot . How can people continue to support any republican ? People are going to start robbing stores for milk . SMH

WIC is not closed yet. unless it is in your area. however, people can still use their checks, but the government better figure something out fast in the next couple of days. they also still have foodstamps. 

but this was a very nice gesture!



Edited by Spokenword - Oct 03 2013 at 6:52am
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Feb 25 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 45107
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 6:34am
oh and shame on the government.  i know that a good percentage of congress are donating their checks but what a luxury to even have.  this, in no way takes away from the people who are FORCED to go without pay.  most of them are wealthy anyway, so what do they know.

they should be ashamed. they better figure something out quick! people need to organize a huge rally in dc and don't let up until they open the damn government.


Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Online
Points: 114107
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

oh and shame on the government.  i know that a good percentage of congress are donating their checks but what a luxury to even have.  this, in no way takes away from the people who are FORCED to go without pay.  most of them are wealthy anyway, so what do they know.

they should be ashamed. they better figure something out quick! people need to organize a huge rally in dc and don't let up until they open the damn government.




ClapClap
Back to Top
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 19 2008
Location: in god's hand
Status: Offline
Points: 140376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I purshase 25 cans of milk yesterday to pass out . Babies are out of the formula they get on the first . I saw a lady in krogers begging the manager for a few cans until her wic office open . My money is tight , but i could not stand in line and see her cry like that . I gave the manager money to purchase for her on the spot . How can people continue to support any republican ? People are going to start robbing stores for milk . SMH

WIC is not closed yet. unless it is in your area. however, people can still use their checks, but the government better figure something out fast in the next couple of days. they also still have foodstamps. 

but this was a very nice gesture!

Yes they are . You may see a few workers answering questions or phones . Most people can't afford to use the few stamps or rent check they get to buy milk . Anyone that gives birth during the shut down will not get milk for the baby . You can check all the facts on President Obama website .
 
 
"We're going to go ahead and close the clinics today at 5 o'clock," Hudachko said. "All of the WIC staff in the state will be furloughed at that time and that will allow us to continue to honor the vouchers that are existing."


Edited by india100 - Oct 03 2013 at 8:08am
Back to Top
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 14 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 30250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 8:34am
^^ That sucks, but a cheaper option in all this is new mothers can breastfeed.
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Online
Points: 114107
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 8:42am
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

^^ That sucks, but a cheaper option in all this is new mothers can breastfeed.


For mothers on W.I.C. who breastfeed they supply them with Milk, Whole Grain, Dairy etc to keep their milk supply strong.  I believe W.I.C. is a big supporter of breastfeeding so they make sure the mother gets all the vitamins etc. to have a good milk supply for the baby.

W.I.C. really is a great program. 
Back to Top
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 211470
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 10:46am
i wonder if it varies from place to place cus i asked around and was told that wic was still happening 
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Online
Points: 114107
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 10:51am
coco it seems like from what india posted that maybe they are getting all the vouchers out for October or trying to before they send everyone home.  That way as long as the parents have the vouchers in hand they are all set for the month.  Hopefully everything is back on track by November 1st. 
Back to Top
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 211470
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 10:54am
yes hopefully.. 

but i believe budget cuts are supposed to take place nov 1st as well.. 
Back to Top
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 282600
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 11:11am
The President and his party absolutely cannot cave.
Though many of the members who initiated the shut down have little to worry about bc of the gross gerrymandering of their districts , the longer this continues the worse it is for the GOP.



Edited by jonesable - Oct 03 2013 at 11:22am
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down