BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Gotta love Patti. fixed

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gotta love Patti. fixed
    Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:25am
Um

Edited by 510QUEEN - Jan 23 2014 at 12:58am
Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:31am
This a dissertation
took me a couple of minutes to scroll to the bottom...
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:57am
Patti LaBelle: ‘All These Heifers Who Can’t Sing Are Called Divas!’

Patti LaBelle is like that auntie who gives it to you straight, no chaser, and there’s really nothing you can say back.

Just recently, the 69-year-old legend sat down with PrideSource for an interview where she shunned being labeled anything remotely close to “Diva.”  Back in the day, the title was reserved for female singers with voices that couldn’t be matched by any other, but since Beyoncé told us that “a diva is a female version of a hustler,” every chick with a mic and a hit song is calling herself a diva.
And that ain’t alright with Patti.

She told the site:

That word is used so loosely that I don’t even consider myself a diva. I always considered myself a woman who sings her heart out and who gives 120 percent. “Diva” is a word that I wouldn’t wanna call myself because it’s so loosely used. It’s not cute anymore.

Is there a negative connotation to it now?
Yeah, because all these little heifers who can’t sing are called divas! It doesn’t mean anything to me and probably to some of the other ladies who have been doing it for as long as I have: Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick. You know, I’m speaking for me – I don’t know if they like to be called divas – but I know I wouldn’t call them divas, because it’s not in good company.

But it used to be a respectable term at some point.
Well, for opera singers, and for ladies who earned it, but that was way, way back when. Now you can look up to them, but you might not see what you wanna see. A hot mess! People who are doing it and doing it with about 40 people on stage with them to hide their pitifulness – that’s not a word, but you know what I mean.

If that ain’t some classy shade that she’s serving like it’s some good mac & cheese.

And as you already know, Patti don’t give one single f***!

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 1:52am
i do wish those folks who made those utube videos of these ladies would start it up again....Gawd they had me in major downfall tears..

Dionne, Patti, Aretha, rhi rhi, loved it when Christina popped up all in there...Chaka Kahn..Mariah, oh yeah Bey....those videos 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 6:22am
^^^Got 2B Real. Yes I wish Patti LaHelle would continue the series. I've seen other spoofs but they weren't as well done IMO.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 6:27am
i agree with what she said.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 6:35am
 i agree with every damn word

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

Patti LaBelle: ‘All These Heifers Who Can’t Sing Are Called Divas!’
But it used to be a respectable term at some point.
Well, for opera singers, and for ladies who earned it, but that was way, way back when. Now you can look up to them, but you might not see what you wanna see. A hot mess! People who are doing it and doing it with about 40 people on stage with them to hide their pitifulness – that’s not a word, but you know what I mean.

i felt that burn from here Clown

Edited by eanaj5 - Jan 23 2014 at 7:00am
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 7:09am
"I'm an icon"
"Are you an icon or an I can not?"
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 7:49am
How bad is it when I hear 12 year olds start to use the term to refer to themselves or one another?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply