Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got2B Hair Gel Glue is
    Posted: Aug 06 2016 at 11:33pm
no joke...after i have watched so many tutorials on this product i finally went out and bought this gel and applied and my lace is seriously going nowhere...this lace and baby hairs are laid to the GAWDS....wow..

going to stock up on this product and the Freeze Spray also..

even though i have no edges at all i guess this will last a little longer than the 3 days..??? 

thanks utubeThumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Heathurrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathurrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2016 at 5:41pm
i prefer the hairspray over the gel. it's amazinggggg, lasts forever
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2016 at 7:30am
Oh wow!

I thought EVERYONE knew about Got2bglue..LOL

I was on an Alopecia site.  They talked about wearing lacefront wigs, and quite a few times, that name came up.  I decided to give it a whirl, but didn't know what i was doing at first.  I wasn't using enough glue to hold the lace down.

There are two types. One in a black tube (Styling gel), and one in a yellow tube. (Water Resistant).

If you workout in a gym, and sweat like i do?  Get the Yellow tube.  When your hair gets wet?  The yellow tube gel stays transparent.  

The one in the black tube, is just plain styling gel with incredible hold.  Regardless of it's holding power? When your scalp or area where you have applied the glue gets wet?  IT TURNS WHITE just like glue.

I was in a gym running on the treadmill while wearing  my lacefront pulled back.  I was sweating profusely, when i noticed several Mexicans were staring as they walked passed, and a white guy wouldn't take his eyes off my head.

I thought: "Wow! I must be looking HAWT, with this sweat running down my face."

The white guy kept staring, and it was in a really "odd" way.. So i hit the stop button, and went to the ladies room.

Girl, I looked like i had a halo around the temples and forehead.  it wasn't just a dull kind of white?  But a BRIGHT white with a neon glow to it.

I grabbed a white towel and wiped the glue off, and kept it with me.  But to make matters worse?  The glue became diluted with my sweating..  i walked on the treadmill for about another 10 mins. before i felt the wig - (A SamsBeauty cheapie synthetic)  started sliding backward off my head - even with the bobby pins I had attached as a back up.

At the time, I was at the worse stage of alopecia, and didn't have any hair on the temples to keep the bobby pins anchored well.. So i acted as if i was "rubbing my temples due to a headache".. and shoved the wig back on my head.

I later, found out about the "water resistant" gel when i found it on the shelves of a drug store while working in New York.  That stuff's a life saver.  It holds a bit longer than the regular gel if your perimeters get wet?  But at least, you don't look like you just dropped down from the pearly gates.

If you keep your head dry the glue lasts a long time.

I've had to be on call (which means, i wouldn't have time to re-apply the wig and glue every time they page me from the hospital), and it's lasted about 2 days, with no problem.  I don't like keeping wigs on that long? But i'm sure if i had to take call a lot longer?  It probably would have lasted more than 3 days.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Aug 08 2016 at 7:35am
Gods Child View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gods Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2016 at 3:51pm
I don't think that I am getting the right one, I got the yellow tube, but it did not hold very well. I only put a very little bit and then layed down the lace and sprayed the hair spray over  the lace. I then used a dryer on hot for like one minute and it held okay, but I pulled it right off at the end of the night. 

I was thinking that maybe the black tube might have been better.

Edited by Gods Child - Aug 08 2016 at 3:53pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2016 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Gods Child Gods Child wrote:

I don't think that I am getting the right one, I got the yellow tube, but it did not hold very well. I only put a very little bit and then layed down the lace and sprayed the hair spray over  the lace. I then used a dryer on hot for like one minute and it held okay, but I pulled it right off at the end of the night. 

no ur supposed to put your blow dryer on cold...hot will just melt it...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2016 at 10:57pm
@Femme....yes i got the yellow one and I had applied it to my lace front...now i have my frontal sewed down so there was just a very minute lift but nothing drastic...kept seeing these youtube videos pop up on my feed reading Got2B glue gel / for lace frontals..

so i decided to go out and give it a try and it does work ,now I am on my 3rd day I went out Sunday down in the city and my flashes were slightly acting up but nothing came loose or there was no whiteness at all...this might hold up longer in the colder weather though..

I have no edges on top but a lot of edges on my temple sides..

Have you ever tried "GORILA SNOT GLUE"?  this isn't too bad itself I must say...has a pretty strong hold...as for flakes..i didn;t have any that i noticed when sweating..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2016 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Heathurrr Heathurrr wrote:

i prefer the hairspray over the gel. it's amazinggggg, lasts forever

there is one video that a girl uses both...she says she sprays the spray on her finger and then apply on top of the gel..

I use an old flat top angled eyeshadow brush to apply this gel...my baby hairs are still laid to the Gawds..lol
Gods Child View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gods Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2016 at 1:12am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

Originally posted by Gods Child Gods Child wrote:

no ur supposed to put your blow dryer on cold...hot will just melt it...

Got it! I will try it again.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2016 at 7:48pm
OK....lol...
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2016 at 9:45am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

@Femme....yes i got the yellow one and I had applied it to my lace front...now i have my frontal sewed down so there was just a very minute lift but nothing drastic...kept seeing these youtube videos pop up on my feed reading Got2B glue gel / for lace frontals..

so i decided to go out and give it a try and it does work ,now I am on my 3rd day I went out Sunday down in the city and my flashes were slightly acting up but nothing came loose or there was no whiteness at all...this might hold up longer in the colder weather though..

I have no edges on top but a lot of edges on my temple sides..

Have you ever tried "GORILA SNOT GLUE"?  this isn't too bad itself I must say...has a pretty strong hold...as for flakes..i didn;t have any that i noticed when sweating..

I saw someone demonstrating gorilla snot glue on youtube.  There are a couple of you tubers that use it on their lace frontals?  

Just the name of the glue kind of makes my stomach turn..LOL

But i'm seeing more reviews, and youtube videos that in favor of Got2bglue.  the moment i tried this? I never even bothered looking at other gels.

There are some gels on the market that i will never work with again.  It's basically all of the "natural" edge gels or pomades.  I wasn't even using them to glue down anything. I just needed something to hold my edges down?

Their game is weak on 4c hair.. after 15 minutes of laying down those edges, with a scarf AND  a blow dryer,  those edges were standing at attention and laughing.

and there was one.. I just looked it up, it was called "As I am" Hair gel.  I read the review on this "heaviest hitter" on some chick's blog.  There was a sale, Buy one get one free on Amazon a few years ago, if i recall.

Man, you talk about pissed??  At the end of the day, of work or sweating - not even going to the gym? My edges underneath the lace front gathered some kind of bacteria.  People were giving me the "stink eye"..I would bend over to pick something up and as i stood up, i would get a whiff of dirty socks.

It was the gel.. even after washing the lace on the wig?  It would quickly gather bacteria in a warm moist place (aka the scalp).. and next thing you know, people are looking at you like you have "athlete's foot. of the head"..Ouch

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic