FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got paid more than i was supposed too?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got paid more than i was supposed too?
    Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:11am
So i have a part-time job. i get paid weekly, thursday nights. This week i only worked 12 hours so i should have gotten paid like $55 ( ETA- thats 55 after taxes, i make 7.75 p/h). I check my account this morning and they gave me $195 Shocked. What should i do? I know ratchet azz BHM gonna be like "keep that ish" but i dont want to some how get in trouble. I think my pay has been switched with someone else.

My options-

-Tell a manager about the problem, be a honest person.
-Keep that ishCool, i leaning strong towards this one.
- Maybe my pay got switched with someone else, and where i work its hard to get paid that much. What if the other person gets my measly check, tells management, they find it was switched with me, i look bad because i didnt say anything. Its a seasonal job and im trying to get kept after the holidays, i dont want to look bad already.
-Maybe it was a keystroke mistake and everybody got paid correctly, i just got a nice bonus by mistake and no one will ever find outCool

what should i do???

Edited by HaitianLuv - Dec 14 2012 at 6:45am
Sponsored Links

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:14am
I'd be honest and tell them.

eta:...How will it look if you're fired and you're next job finds out why???

Edited by ImThatDiva - Dec 14 2012 at 6:35am
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:14am
If you want to save your job, you will tell them because they will find out eventually.

Tell them, hun. Plus being honest makes you look great in their eyes!
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:16am
55/12=like 4.50. That's all you get paid an hour? If you need the money badly then keep it, you can always say you didn't know. If you don't need the money tell them.
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:17am
Tell them. Or check ur payslip first, you may have gotten a bonus.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:17am
Ermmyou already know what to do. stop playingLOL
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:20am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

55/12=like 4.50. That's all you get paid an hour? If you need the money badly then keep it, you can always say you didn't know. If you don't need the money tell them.

Maybe she's a waitress.
Don't judge
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Maybe she's a waitress.
Don't judge
Im not judging. The point I was making is maybe she supposed to make more that 55 for that week and just added it up wrong. Isnt the hourly rate for waitresses like 2 something.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Dec 14 2012 at 6:24am
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:25am
Tell your manager ASAP.  Use some logic on this one--thinking you can pull one over on your employers--who have accountants who will eventually go over their pay roll for tax purposes, is not a good idea at all.  Be honest so you can remain employable.  Nobody likes a thief.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:31am
They will find out if it's incorrect. Hr will getcho ass if you aren't honest.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic