FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Got my 1st RPG Show Wig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got my 1st RPG Show Wig
    Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:24am
Hello Ladies -
A few days ago I received my first RPG Show wig.  Below I will provide my comments and I hope it is helpful.

Price - The price is high, more than I really wanted to spend but I decided to treat my self for Xmas.

Sale Link - This wig is on sale on anther link and I will find it.  I ordered the sale item so the wig does not have side ear tab clamps. 

Wig - ELS 119

Texture - YAKI
The texture is described as yaki but is is a "LIGHT" yaki it is NOT corse hair like Janet, King Yaky tracks. When the term is yaki...you know "light"not quite as silky but not corse.  When the term is "YAKY"...you know....need flat iron to take out kink.

How to secure -
I used small bobby pins straight across the front starting by the middle part. This made the wig lay flat in the front, I did not use glue or tape.  I will attach a video showing below.

First impression -
Honestly, I was not that pleased.  For some reason, I thought for this price I'd open up a box and see perfection.  WRONG, the wig had hump and I had to wet the hair and brush with a blow dryer.
I know that is small but I had to remember, what you see on the You tube is the final perfection.
You will have to work with it but the texture is nice and I see the quality.
Final comments to follow.

My PURPOSE -
This purpose is not for everyone but I was looking for a lace wig, that looked real, would not draw a lot of attention and I solely want to wear it UP in a ponytail.   I tried many syn. and it just did not work.  I have wigs to wear down that I can make look "real" but I wanted a wig to wear up and have none of my hair out.  That did not scream, shiney, fake hair.

I wanted to have all my hair braided, and have the option to wear my hair in a ponytail for say 2 weeks out the month with nice hair accessories without having to perm, flat iron, etc.

What I did -
I rolled up the hair with my hot curlers from remington, for those interested these are sold at Target and I have 2 sets.  One set is arould 24 rollers some small/ some larger.  Good investment. Cost around 25.00 - 30.00

I rolled up the hair with remington curlers, the curls came out beautiful.  I can see why people love these wigs.  If I was going to wear it down, I could see the beauty. 

Shedding - I did have some shedding but not much.

Length - this length is 16 inches, which I refuse to CUT, one for my goal of ponytail and two - I will order a short wig to wear in the future. 

Delivery - I received the wig in 5 days on the east coast, it comes from China.  Also, signatures are required, it comes via UPS and they will NOT LEAVE IT AT YOUR DOOR without a signature.  I caught my UPS man when he was leaving with my package. 

Video from Tube - Showing Wig -

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:33am
How I attached my Lace Wig -

This sister helped me greatly because when I applied with hair pins just on the sides and in the back it DID NOT LAY flat at the top.  I did not have any tape and did not want to purchase any either.  I used the small hair pins. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:45am
link to SALE PRICE RPG SHOW WIG - FINAL PRICE 265.99

Compared to higher price on main RPG main page, but NOTE...this sale wig does not have side ear clamps. 

natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:56am
nice method.

I also purchased the ELS 119 from RPG and had the same thoughts that I would have perfetion when I took it out of the box however, I am happy with her now through all my trial and error ( initially underbleached knots, redid and then needed to rit dye the lace)..

Did you get the glueless or regular cap?
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:57am
Where's pics of u wearing the wigs
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 10:28am
Thanks sunshine....I've  been stalking her units for a while.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:07am
I purchased the glueless cap and it seems nice and honestly, this is the flatest looking lace front I have.  I'm still not comfortable with non of my hair out, I will have to work up to that on my own.  I ended up cutting a bang in the front so that helps me as well.

But I think the sizing runs large, I ordered a size 2 cap and it is on the big side.  Remember to measure, also the glueless has the back attachment.  Make sure you unsnap prior to removing, I did not do that and one of the snaps broke.

Not worth returning the wig for this to me, especially since it was MY FAULT but just as an FYI.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 12:39pm
I agree on the cap sizes running on the large size as I as well have the cap size 2 and it is big for me especially when I have my hair braided underneath.  I have opted to use the elastic method and using the back attachments which provides for a better fit.

I have worn it both in front of my hair line with no hair out as well as behind the hairline...both give me great results along with the use of teh got2be glued right at the edge of the lace...I did not believe that the gel would work but boy does it ever have a grip!!

I am really enjoying rocking this wig and hope that I will get some good use out of it as I don't have another wig as yet to alternate with
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:06pm
I received a PM regarding if the wig brush, instructions etc was received.   I think if one sister is asking this question, about 20 more are thinking the question.

Yes, all those items came with the wig as well as you will receive written email correspondence during the entire process from RPG Show indicating shipment.  The black box is inside another box which has the return address and contact number of RPG Show in the top left return address area so this was not a imitation RPG Show wig if that is what you were thinking because of the sale price.

Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:36pm
Sunshine.....how would you rate the hairline on the unit?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic