Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Google:Free Coding Lessons To Women And Minorities
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Google:Free Coding Lessons To Women And Minorities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:42pm
I don't think they teach Java on Codecademy. I would would be so happy if they didOuch
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:44pm
Yes it's javascript. 

Java is kinda similar though....and once you learn Java, C# will be easy to learn....and if you learn C#, VB is easy to learn. 
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:52pm
Oh yeah, my bad it is Javascript... learnjavaonline teaches Java.

You usually start out with Visual Basic, since it's a beginner language and it's pretty easy. So is Python. Java gives me headaches.

Edited by DixieDarlin - Jul 03 2014 at 7:53pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:06pm
This isn't such a hot topic hmmm

Let's post the starting, intermediate and experienced salaries 

.... beats low pay and no additional student loans

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:09pm
Darlin, what do you want to do with your degree?

For anyone what programming languages do you think would be beneficial if one is interested in machine learning?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:15pm
I feel like if you learn the logic they're all pretty easy to learn.
I found myself turning C++ code into VB one day and I don't even know C++.

And CR I googled....apparently Python. I see "R" and MATLAB....I don't even know what that is tbh. I also see Java/C and SQL.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:22pm
Ok that doesn't seem too bad. Does your job involve coding?

I've played around in R (but Im better in SAS because I took the class). They are both statistical programming languages, but R is free. and Im a damn near pro in matlab (hardest language ever doe). And Im taking C next semester, so I think I'll be ok. The problem with coding is that I can do ok in a class and still feel like I don't know sh*t about the language.

Every time im interviewed Im asked if I know SQL (I don't), and I'm pretty sure that's why I can't get an internship to save my life. We have no classes on it in my school.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:26pm
What do you recommend for someone interested in management information systems?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Ok that doesn't seem too bad. Does your job involve coding?

I've played around in R (but Im better in SAS because I took the class). They are both statistical programming languages, but R is free. and Im a damn near pro in matlab (hardest language ever doe). And Im taking C next semester, so I think I'll be ok. The problem with coding is that I can do ok in a class and still feel like I don't know sh*t about the language.

Every time im interviewed Im asked if I know SQL (I don't), and I'm pretty sure that's why I can't get an internship to save my life. We have no classes on it in my school.

Learn it.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:06pm
Thanks sang. the summer is the perfect time honestly. I need to stop procrastinating. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic