BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Google Hangout, interested?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Hangout, interested?
    Posted: May 27 2013 at 3:02pm
I would like to host a Google video hangout for anyone who would like to talk about environmentally friendly beauty and hair care.  I've done google hangouts at work before on different topics and they are a lot of fun.  Everyone gets to join in the discussion in their own way.

If you're interested in joining or co-hosting a Google hangout about green beauty and health tips, let me know.  We should have one by June 7.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 6:36pm
I promise that I will not try to sell you any hair products or books. I just want to figure out this niche of women who care about the environment and want to take care of their hair in ways that are safe for the body and sustainable for the planet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 8:12pm
These things and more will be up for discussion. Environmentally friendly personal and haircare is an especially important topic for women of color because minorities in the U.S. and people of color world wide are more likely to be harmed by chemicals, toxins and a poor environment.

Think Those Chemicals Have Been Tested?

MANY Americans assume that the chemicals in their shampoos, detergents and other consumer products have been thoroughly tested and proved to be safe.
This assumption is wrong. 
Unlike pharmaceuticals or pesticides, industrial chemicals do not have to be tested before they are put on the market. Under the law regulating chemicals, producers are only rarely required to provide the federal government with the information necessary to assess safety.
Read more at New York Times

Eco Sex
Eco-Sex is a blog from an author I like, Stefanie Iris Weiss.  She's a white lady, but she gives really good tips on how to green up your bedroom.  For example, did you know that it is a BAD idea to use coconut oil with latex condoms?  Or that latex is a sustainable form of protection?

And since I know y'all gon ask, here is a list of environmentally friendly haircare products, the 2013 winners from EcoSalon eco-beauty approved guide. Eco Salon

Up&Out39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 8:16pm
Count me in!!! Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 8:23pm
Great Up&Out.  I'm glad you're on board.  I want to have the hangout at a time that is good for as many people to join.  So let me know when is good for you.

Also, to join everyone has to have a google+ account.  But, if you have a gmail account, you're already halfway there.
Up&Out39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 8:51pm
I never officially used google+ but I am familiar with it. I am available in the evening times. Anything past 4pm Smile 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 1:54pm
The official hangout will take place Thursday, June 6 at 8pm EST. I will send out an official invitation to some members who I know are looking and would contribute well to the conversation.

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 2:08pm
sure i have it on my phone but never used it bc i didnt /dont have a need to.  count me in.  but the date will not work for me so i may miss the june 6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 3:15pm
510, we can definitely pick another day if it will mean you and more people get to join. I hope to have 5+ join us.
Up&Out39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 6:30pm
June 6th or any date is good for me. As long as its more in the evening time then that's perfect!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>