BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Google Glass Sells Out In Hours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:59am
*When the hood gets the Google Glass (Tax Season 2015), I will start wearing a burka & dark
shades. Will not be on you peoples' IG/TWITTER/WSHH

*I would like to try one out, but it is not something that I would be able to justify financially.
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Just avoid the person going "Ok glass! Take a picture/record"  That or double-tapping the side of the device while staring at you.  It's not subtle. LOL

Jaz, what if they walk into the room with these on? Is there a way to know if theyre currently recording?

I just know anytime I see someone wearing them a wave of panic will hit me. I'm paranoid about cameras Disapprove. I even managed to have someone else in my office post a sticky note over his webcam like mine
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

SMH, I don't like the increasing likelihood of me unknowingly being in someone's youtube or worldstar video.. but at least it's easier to tell when someone is recording with a phone

This is just creepy as fck. I hope they become illegal. Thanks in advance.
Meh, phones are much more common and don't cost 1500 bucks. You should have been worried when that became a standard feature.LOL

I was/am. But as I said, it's easier to tell when someone is recording you on a phone b/c although they can be inconspicuous, they still need to be aimed at you. Someone just looking at me with these glasses on will make me believe theyre recording me
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:30am
They don't stream video at the moment.  (ETA: The previous versions did, but the ones just released don't have the video call feature anymore) There are 3rd party developers working on it, but less than 10 percent of users used the feature. The quality of the google glass was crappy so google scrapped it.  Google glass is super noticeable too.  I'm more uncomfortable with the cameras I can't see than the ones I can.  You can buy a decent hidden camera for like...$50 or less.  There are definitely pricier options out there with better recording and streaming quality too.  Dropping 1500 on something that takes mediocre pictures, is very recognizable, and already makes people suspicious would be a poor choice for anything other than novelty. 

Edited by JasmineE02 - Apr 17 2014 at 2:34am
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:36am

Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

SMH, I don't like the increasing likelihood of me unknowingly being in someone's youtube or worldstar video.. but at least it's easier to tell when someone is recording with a phone

This is just creepy as fck. I hope they become illegal. Thanks in advance.
Meh, phones are much more common and don't cost 1500 bucks. You should have been worried when that became a standard feature.LOL

I was/am. But as I said, it's easier to tell when someone is recording you on a phone b/c although they can be inconspicuous, they still need to be aimed at you. Someone just looking at me with these glasses on will make me believe theyre recording me
It's kind of obvious to tell when someone is looking at you with google glasses.LOLAlso, don't they have to click it plus look towards you? That's a lot more obvious then holding up a phone and pressing a button.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:53am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

From what I can tell, most of the actions required by google glass are pretty darn noticeable.  They're either talking loudly and clearly to themselves or stroking it.  LOL  It's really not more secretive than a cell phone.  Cell phones pose all sorts of privacy issues too though.  I just see it as another version of the same problem.  

this does remind me of the debates  around 10? years ago when the first cell phone cameras came out and people were saying they should be banned from certain places like beaches/pools.

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 17 2014 at 2:54am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:57am
Didn't realize the new ones don't stream. The streaming is crappy though.
The video quality is amazing though. We have taken several trips, he wears them driving and records. He's not looking at the glass he's looking at real life so it's not a distraction. We wind up with amazing HD quality videos shot from the perspective of his line of sight.

Edited by melikey - Apr 17 2014 at 2:58am
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:51am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

We are going to see a lot of cross eye people like back in the day . No thanks . Cry

When ever I see Google Glass, I think about the Steve Martin movie, 'The Jerk' where everyone that bought the eyeglasses that he invented became crosseyedLOL
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:35am
Most of all Hackers

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Let's see who's gonna benefit from this the most....

Pedophiles.....

Stalkers....

Perverts....

People who like to "Google Glass" AND drive.....

Just sayin. Stern Smile

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

10 thanks tho LOL

yall don't want Google to be great (did I use that right?)
Maaaaan look…
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic