Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Google CEO Stops Talking to Friend After Affair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Google CEO Stops Talking to Friend After Affair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google CEO Stops Talking to Friend After Affair
    Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:33pm
what say you bhm? would you end your long time friendship ? LOL

How Google exec's affair with co-founder Sergey Brin ruined his friendship with CEO Larry Page after 'alarming' emails were found by Brin's wife

Google CEO Larry Page stopped talking to co-founder and long-time friend Sergey Brin after his affair with Google Glass marketer Amanda Rosenberg emerged, friends have revealed.

Brin, 40, split with his wife and mother of his two children, Anne Wojcicki, last year after she found 'alarming' emails between Brin and 27-year-old Rosenberg. The pair then began dating.

But this did not sit well with Page, his co-founder and a friend since college who had witnessed Brin's blossoming romance with Wojcicki when the couple met in 1998.

Insanely upset: Larry Page, left, reportedly did not speak to fellow Google co-founder Sergey Brin, right, after it emerged he was having an affair with a 27-year-old Google Glass employee

'Insanely upset': Larry Page, left, did not speak to fellow Google co-founder Sergey Brin, right, after it emerged he was having an affair with a 27-year-old Google Glass employee

'Larry is so ethically strict... I heard Larry was insanely upset by this whole situation and wasn't talking to Sergey' for a time.

Brin and Wojcicki, who had been married for six years before they split 10 months ago, began drifting apart after the launch of Google Glass, the article noted.

In its early days, Rosenberg, a marketer on the project, had spent time with Wojcicki, a prominent Biotech analyst and businesswoman, to understand how to target mothers with the gadget.

The two women became friends at the end of 2012 - close enough that Wojcicki bought Rosenberg a Christmas present - and Brin and Wojcicki went out to dinners with Rosenberg and her then boyfriend, Hugo Barra, a high-ranking executive for Google's Android team, Vanity Fair reported.

Other woman: Amanda Rosenberg works as a marketer for Google Glass, where she met Brin

Other woman: Amanda Rosenberg works as a marketer for Google Glass, where she met Brin

Amanda Rosenberg

Amanda Rosenberg

Model employee: Rosenberg, pictured wearing Google Glass, was friends with Brin's wife before the split

But around the same time, Wojcicki came across emails that 'caused her alarm', a source said, and she approached Rosenberg about it.

In April 2013, Brin moved out of their $7 million Los Altos home to another property they owned nearby but they kept the split quiet until August.

At the time, Rosenberg continued to date Barra, an M.I.T graduate and prized member of the creative product team, while also seeing Brin, the article noted.

Barra, then unaware of the affair, was planning to move to Hong Kong with Rosenberg after being offered a job by a Chinese mobile phone company, sources said.

But in May, Rosenberg broke up with him without giving him a reason, and after the Brin relationship publicly emerged a few months later, he announced he was moving to Hong Kong alone.

Together: Brin is pictured in September 2012 with his wife, businesswoman Anne Wojcicki, months before they split. The couple were married for six years and have two children together

Together: Brin is pictured in September 2012 with his wife, businesswoman Anne Wojcicki, months before they split. The couple were married for six years and have two children together

Linked: Before her relationship with Brin, Rosenberg dated Hugo Barra, who worked for Google Android

Linked: Before her relationship with Brin, Rosenberg dated Hugo Barra, who worked for Google Android

Brin and Wojcicki, who shared a $30 billion wealth and have two children under the age of six, are not divorced and have no plans to seek one, according to Vanity Fair.

The article also notes that it was not the only affair at Google, which does not explicitly ban inter-office relationships. Page and Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer also had a relationship, it claims.

Rosenberg joined Google after graduating with a communications degree from Leeds University in England.

She had previously been educated at £31,000-a-year Marlborough school, where Kate Middleton had previously been a pupil.

Pippa Middleton was two years ahead of Rosenberg.

In an internet profile Miss Rosenberg wrote of herself: ‘I’m part of the master race that is the Chinese Jew or Chew, if you will.

'Born in Hong Kong but bred in the UK. A misanthrope who’s bad at maths, so I got the worst of both worlds.’

Elsewhere she declared that her motto is: ‘He who hesitates is a damned fool.’

Miss Rosenberg is understood to have an English father and a Hong Kong Chinese mother who worked as an investment banker.

Long-time friends: Page and Brin, pictured in 2003, met while at Stanford University in the mid 1990s

Long-time friends: Page and Brin, pictured in 2003, met while at Stanford University in the mid 1990s

She initially worked for the internet giant in London before last year moving to San Francisco to work at its Silicon Valley nerve center.

She soon won a role promoting Google Glass, the glasses which enable users to film and broadcast over the internet everything they see non-stop, worrying privacy campaigners.

She also came up with the idea to say 'OK, Glass' to switch it on.
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:33pm
sidenote: bring on Google glass already.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:38pm
*sings* He's a good man...
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:44pm
What I tell y'all about the coworkers and these "friends"/associates etc ?

The two women became friends at the end of 2012 - close enough that Wojcicki bought Rosenberg a Christmas present - and Brin and Wojcicki went out to dinners with Rosenberg and her then boyfriend, Hugo Barra.

ETA I'd remain friends with them. My peeps do that same ish everyday all day

Edited by Diane (35) - Mar 15 2014 at 9:45pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:44pm
Probaly mad about much this is gonna cost the business. At the same time tho...its possible to grow close to ur friend spouse and feel sympathetic toward them if an affair surfaces.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:47pm
is anybody mad at her for continuing to date her boyfriend while dating her boss? lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

What I tell y'all about the coworkers and these "friends"/associates etc ?

The two women became friends at the end of 2012 - close enough that Wojcicki bought Rosenberg a Christmas present - and Brin and Wojcicki went out to dinners with Rosenberg and her then boyfriend, Hugo Barra.

ETA I'd remain friends with them. My peeps do that same ish everyday all day

what did you tell them?
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:49pm
I met a guy that was wearing google glass. They are coming soon.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:53pm
yep
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 10:10pm
She sat there buddy-buddy with the woman while screwing her husband?

I've done some dirt in my life, but damn...

I ain't mad at dude for not speaking to him. Sometimes when I see people do others dirty, I kinda wanna distance myself so I'm not next.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic